“Family trip to Krakow”

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow
Ranked #30 of 265 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was lovely and clean with very friendly and helpful staff. There was a good selection of foods at breakfast and you could make hot drinks to take away. We were travelling with a 7 month old baby and the hotel provided high chairs, cots, etc. We used the gym a couple of times and it was nice enough - the equipment was good but it is quite small. The bed we had was a double bed and although very comfortable was smaller than we're used to.

The location isn't perfect for tourism. It's on quite a busy road and about a mile walk from the centre. My partner and I enjoy walking though so it wasn't a problem for us. The pavements were well maintained so it was also fine for the buggy. The hotel looks out on to a river so the walk might be nicer in summer.

• Stayed: March 2014
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Krakow. I am very happy you and your small baby have enjoyed it. Thank you for taking time to write a word about us and I wish you visit us again in future.

Best regards

Dorota Smagur

Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A friend and I spent 3 nights here in a twin room. The beds were extremely comfortable and larger than the average twin, more like a 3/4 double. Breakfast and staff were great. We really couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: I didn't think the views were particularly good on either side. This is an extremely quiet hote...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Yes it is about a 20 minute walk from the centre and yes the view is dominated by a bust dual carriage way but the walk is pleasant and interesting and, because of it, we saw things we perhaps wouldn't have seen. Looking beyond the road there is a good view of the Vistula and Wawel Castle. The hotel itself is clean and friendly with everything that is needed. Breakfast really sets you up for the day and big thanks to the two omelette chefs - omelettes cooked to order and light and tasty. One quibble at breakfast - sometimes croissants were available in abundance and sometimes you had to look for them. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Air-conditioning efficient (and needed in April). Had one evening meal and one lunch in the hotel which were reasonably priced and good quality. Bed comfortable, bathroom immaculate and toiletries really good - the shampoo and conditioner left my hair soft and shiny. Would definitely stay here again. Walk to centre helpful as Krakow is a wonderful place to eat and at least we were able to offset some of the calories!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front can be noisy so you do need that good air-conditioning
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I travel quite a bit. When I travel for pleasure, I want a hotel that's interesting and memorable.

When I travel on business, however, I want somewhere where I know what I'm getting and is, frankly, /un/memorable.

And that is what you get when you stay at a Hilton. Yes, I'm saying it's unremarkable - but I'm saying that that's OK - it's what I want, along with a good night's sleep, and staff who are helpful when I need them to be.

I think the hotel is pretty new - or if not, they've done a fab job of maintaining it. Rooms were in excellent condition, and bathroom was impeccably clean.

You won't get a room with a view, but you will get a comfortable bed, a clean room and a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was the standard buffet affair, nothing to note here either.
Only other area I would point out - there is no mini-bar in the room (there's a fridge, but it's empty). Instead, there's a small 'snack zone' in reception where you could stock up on items. Didn't look at pricing though, but could be charged to room. Not a big deal, but I like being able to grab a cold drink out the fridge sometimes.

This hotel, unlike most, appear to not operate their own taxi service. Instead, they will of course order one for you, but removes the option of charging the car to your room - so ensure you have some cash to hand

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had high hopes before our vacation. Hotel answered fast, when e-mailed them that we are arriving late and they even asked about our transportation from airport. We had over 40 sqm(about 440 squarefeet) Junior Suite, which also sound great beforehand. But then things got little worse. First of all, breakfast wasn't included, although we had that suite. It cost 98 zloty per day for two us, and that's about 25€, which is lot in Polish standards. Our room was big, but lacked that luxurious feeling. Maybe because our views to Wavel Castle were real distant, all we saw from our window was busy motorway and 70's Eastern European concrete building. And top of that, first morning we woke 8.30am when cleaning lady came in without knocking! Hotel is little outside of everything, about 20-25 min walk to Wavel Castle and 30-35min to Old Town Market Place, so get ready to use taxis especially night time. After a rocky start things start to get better, so after all it's a good hotel and city itself is beautiful.

Room Tip: There is a busy motorway right in front of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn during a 4 night stay in Krakow.

We were delighted with this hotel from our (early ) arrival, to our leaving. The room was available early which was great as we had arrived from an early flight. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and spoke excellent English. The hotel cleanliness was excellent, the breakfast was superb- excellent choice of fruits, meats, salads, breads, cooked breakfast and tea/coffee. We also had our dinner in the hotel each night as we really enjoyed the food and the restaurant was very nice.

We made good use of the gym, which although quite small, had dumbbells from 2kg to 20kg.

The only downside is that the hotel is about 15/20 mins walk from the centre, however, it is a lovely walk along the river, during the day. Possibly more difficult at night if wearing heels!

We would have no hesitation in returning to this excellent hotel in the lovely city Krakow.

I am gluten intolerant and this was catered for.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love a good city break and always look to stay at a hilton hotel where possible as the standard of service, rooms, staff etc are second to none. Hilton garden inn is no exception. Greeted with a friendly smile the lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful and upon learning it was our first time in krakow stocked us up with plenty of literature and even went through the maps with us. We had chosen to visit krakow to celebrate my 30th birthday. The general manager welcomed us and arranged for some champagne and a cake to be sent to our room and also upgraded us for free from a queen room to a kingsize. The room itself was gorgeous and clean. The breakfast buffet was great- loads of choice and set us up nicely for the day!! The hotel itself is a pleasant 20 min walk from the main square and 15 min walk from the Jewish quarter- which is a must for great quality bars and buzzing atmosphere especially on a Saturday!! All in all a fabulous city and the hospitality and professionalism of all the staff at the hilton garden inn made for an unforgettable stay and a great celebration for my 30th!! Thank you to all there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple