“Ok hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow
Ranked #29 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for long weekend with friends, hotel room and hotel in general very clean and tidy and so if that's all you ask in a hotel then it's perfect for you. If looking for ideal location and nice food within the hotel I think this falls to the standard of average unfortunately.
Hotel room view looked out to a very ugly building and a very busy road.
Hotel dinner food was very bland and tasteless but breakfast wasn't to bad.
Hotel location is poor, it's on a main road and have to get taxi to get to the main square, the shops behind the hotel are surrounded by high rise flats so a little intimidating especially at night.
Overall the hotel was ok but I wouldn't recommend unfortunately to friends and family. Sheraton looks the bed hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest

thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your comments.

Dorota Smagur

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here a few weeks and would happily recommend it. The staff were great and the rooms were large and clean. Some previous reviews have mentioned that there's a long walk into the city center but I would disagree, it's only a ten minute walk into the Old Town and if you're adverse to walking there's access to public transport very nearby. Though it is on a busy road, you can't hear the traffic from the hotel and definitely think it's a very good value for money.

1  Thank bemusedcat9
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,
its my pleasure to read we are great place to stay and even the distance we have to Old Town is not so big. Thank you for giving us the highest score for our team and our facilities.
I am happy you have enjoyed the stay and Im sure you most probably laled in love with Krakow.

Best regards from sunny city

Reviewed 31 May 2014

For that money you can find something better. For sure. The hotel is far from everything (I really mean everything - the closest pharmacy was 20 min away). Walk to: train station - 40 min, old city - 25 min, Kazimierz bit better - 15 min. Of course, you can leave hotel in the morning, spend whole day in the city and come back or use taxis all time, but...
For a pluss: the reception staff friendly, helpful, rooms vere clean and beds very comfortable. Worse bit with breakfasts - something to choose from, but I wouldn't say the best quality. And they wanted twice to charge us additionally for a breakfast that was already paid! Also waiters didn't wait till you finish and took plates.
Next time I stay in another place, sorry.

Room Tip: All rooms me and my friends had were quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mrs Agata

thank you very much for taking time to share your comments. I can understand you didnt like our location as some guests like it some dont. However I am pleased you plussed our reception team and rooms .

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Although it is very close to the highway, the room was very quiet. Very easy access from the airport, just 15 minutes by taxi. It is cheaper to take a taxi at the airport than arrange transportation from the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Ingrid K

Dear Ingrid

thank you for staying with us and complementing.

Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel itself is a good 4* with large clean rooms, good service, nice gym and quality breakfast. Even though hotel is not far from old town it is located at a an unattractive location, directly at 4 lane ring road and surrounded by building sites. If you are looking for 'old town' experience this is not your place.

Room Tip: If you travel with young kids, junior suite is good choice b
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

thank you very much for staying with us and writing comment.
I am pleased you benefit from our facilities and service - the only thing we cannot change is our location.
I hope when you travel next time with your family you stya with us again

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the HGI while honeymooning in Krakow. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The location of the hotel is great, partially secluded but close enough to be able to walk to Wawel Castle and Old Town. The breakfast was awesome - food was fresh and there were so many choices. The room was clean, modern, and spacious and from our window we would see the Castle. The reception staff was so curtious and helpful. They loaned us an umbrella instead of having us buy one from their market which I appreciated. I would definitly stay at the HGI again if (when) I return to Krakow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

thank you very much for the opinion. I am so happy we made your honeymoon so great. I wish you all the best and keep your word to visit us again. If you feel like please let me know.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It is located out of the city centre and it takes 20 mins to reach it by feet.
The room is ok but the frigo bar is empty and if you need something you have to dress yourself and go downstairs in the hall to buy it from the automatic dispenser (!!!).
In my shower I found some long black hairs on the wall and next day after the maid made up the room they were still there!
The view from the room is an highway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest

thank you very much staying with us and sharing your comments. I am very sorry the bathroom was not made up properly which should not happen. Please contact me directly on my email dorota.smagur@hilton.com so I can check who was in charge of the room and take neccessary action.
As far as mini bar our rooms as all Hilton Garden Inn properties are equipped in mini frigde in the room and 24hrs smart shop located opposite the reception desk. We are not able to change this regulation.