“Excellent.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restauracja Starka
Ranked #1 of 1,460 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Polish, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
Paphos, Cyprus
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I rarely book restaurants ahead, but with only 3 nights in Krakow I didn't want to make any mistakes! Everything about Starka came up to expectations.
For starters I had prunes wrapped in bacon which were sitting on cheese on a tiny piece of bread. My friend had wild boar sausages. We shared and enjoyed it all.
I then had duck and my friend had lamb - all perfect.
No room for desserts, but we managed the complimentary liquers.....
Would highly recommend.

• Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Starka Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Really great food, excellent service and exceptional value for money. Well worth the stroll from the old town.

Visited October 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“food heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

What a super little brasserie/bar.Highly recommended on tripadvisor and for good reason
We started with creamed wild mushrooms on toast.What a delightful snack and much tastier than the button mushrooms generally served at home.
Two of us had duck, one stuffed chicken and one beef ribs "off the bone".Again we declared them delicious and four empty plates went back to the kitchen.Only two of us managed sweets.My chocolate gateau was light and tasty but the cheesecake disappointed being so different from what was expected.
service was first class from the friendly English speaking waitresses. We tried and enjoyed the raspberry and the ginger vodka shots and were given complimentary hazelnut shots after the meal.
This was our best of three dinners in Krakow by a long way.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We sat at the bar waiting patiently for a table for more than 1.5 hours - the manager knew we were waiting but he rarely communicated with us or his staff (who rarely smiled). Just as a table finally became available the waitress gave it away to a couple who had just wandered in. The manager's attitude was 'So what?' although he did eventually try to redeem the situation by offering us a free round of drinks. However, the damage had been done and we quickly ate and left. The food was excellent but the evening was spoiled by the very poor service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Krakow, Poland
“Best in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

In a city with many great restaurants, Starka tops them all. I've probably tried 2/3rd's of the menu at this point, and I'm always impressed. Make sure to try their Zurek (sour rye soup), which is my favorite Polish soup and the best version I've had yet. As for recommendations on main courses, just order one! You can even close your eyes and randomly choose one with your finger. They're all that damn good! The staff is wonderful, the prices are extremely reasonable, and to top it all off, they have a great selection of homemade infused vodkas (which is something I've yet to find any other restaurant or bar doing here). My friend from Seattle who came to visit about a year ago still talks about this place with me. Need I say more?