“Great Vodka, Great Food.”
Review of Restauracja Starka

Restauracja Starka
Ranked #3 of 1,520 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
London, United Kingdom
“Great Vodka, Great Food.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The title pretty much says it all. The food was fantastic. The service was also fantastic, the waitresses were very attentive and explained everything if asked. I had the Golonka (I would highly recommend it) and it was amazing. The skin was perfectly crispy and the meat absolutely perfect. After dinner we tried a variety of their in-house Vodkas and they were honestly the best I had ever had.

Reserving a table is a must. It was full when we were there on a Wednesday night.

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Birmingham U.K
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

You'll probably need to book but it's well worth it. Food is very well cooked and is great value. There are loads of home brewed flavoured vodkas to try. It's rude not to.

Visited May 2014
London
“Great food and atmosphere, delicious home brewed vodka!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a lovely meal at Starka. Food and wine were delicious - the duck is amazing. Friendly efficient service and a fantastic array of home brewed vodkas - we were very kindly given one on the house and then partook in a few more of our own! Lovely buzzy atmosphere too.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LondonMandD
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

lovely attentive staff - food well presented with very reasonable prices - we ate there two out of three nights.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Annie G
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the 21st April and had a truly fantastic meal. I'd made a reservation prior to traveling to Krakow and this went without a hitch.
Having read reviews and viewing the web site as well as being a complete saddo, I knew what I was going to order before I even walked through the door.
I had wild boar sausage to start which was rich and meaty, my wife had the Pierogi which sent her into raptures if ecstasy, trying them, I'd agree, they were ace.
For mains I had the pork knuckle which was a porky, crispy meatfest and I enjoyed every bite, the accompaniments were also delish! My wife had the salmon, which again she thought was outstanding. We both had deserts which unfortunately didn't match up to the previous 2 courses, a dryish cheesecake and a still frozen nougat & walnut cake. All that with a very nice bottle of white, numerous free shots of the homemade vodka and the total bill was £36 / 161PLN. If you go to Krakow, go to Starka!!!