“great food, great staff, great location”
Review of Scandale Royal

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located just one block from the main square, Scandale Royal is a hit! The staff are very efficient and professional, and because of my housing choice, I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner there.
The breakfasts are great - a buffet with many selections, and a creative set of menu options. Lunch includes a soup of the day, and a special. In 2 weeks I have had several and they are all tasty and well-priced. The entree selection on the menu is extensive, traditional and creative, and of good value. The Fish and Chips were exceptional.
You won't be disappointed at Scandale Royale!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Being in Krakow in winter and trying to find a place that still has a smokers area inside we found this place. Staff were very friendly. The menu was not quite what I expected, but much better.
The food was modern and served nicely designed on my plate. Even the cocktails were far better than expected and a real treat.
Will go back for sure when in Krakow!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I only write a review if a business stands out to me. This place has well earned a review.

I procrastinated on having dinner, and this was the only restaurant I could find open past midnight.

First off, this is one of the most expensive restaurants in Krakow, so I expected a great food and a great experience.

We arrived at 1am. It was packed. No problem. This is understandable. However, it took about 10 minutes after seating to finally be greeted by a waitress. Once she arrived at our table, I say "Hi." She responds by yelling, "WHAT?"

Problem 1) Understaffed.
Problem 2) Overworked Waitress causing a horrible attitude.

I ask a couple questions and order the Zander fish with Risotto with a tea. The fish was a fillet. I was actually impressed with the taste. It was good, until I started choking on multiple bones. All around the world fillet = there should not be bones. We do not expect bones in a fillet fish. An entire fish, I would expect it and treat slowly. A restaurant of this calibur, I would expect that the chef would remove all the bones from the fillet.

Problem 3) Bones in a fillet fish = careless and/or overworked chef. Actually, more like a cook. That would not happen with a true chef.

To top it off, we were sitting next to a table of 8 suited men having a bottle of Jack Daniels whisky. They were drunk and outrageously obnoxious. Maybe not the problem of the restaurant, but the combination of all these things....I will never go back to this restaurant.

In America, consumer review systems like Yelp would never allow a establishment of this sort to be in business.

1  Thank Jonathan S
Adrian K, Dyrektor generalny at Scandale Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sir ,
On behalf of Scandale Royal, I would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the mistakes made while your visit. It was a fault for which we accept full responsibility. We try our best not to make mistakes, but when they happen, we always try to fix them!To remedy this situation, Head Chef and his crew will be more cousious while filleting fish.
If you have any questions about this issue, please contact us at biuro@scandale.pl. And again, on behalf of all of us, we are truly sorry!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I visit Scandale Royal quite often - starting with breakfast (buffet breakfast with a large selection of cold and hot dishes), after lunch until dinner. they offer traditional European cuisine so depending on the mood and preferences you can choose something for yourselves. additional plus is brilliant desserts (chef is a pastry master) and drinks. In this case, there is something to be really proud - great selection of spirits, and well-trained bartenders every time you propose something that is simply unique.

I recommend.

1  Thank emil_hb

Dear Sir,
I was delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our restaurant. It made me happy to know your dining experience was that good. It is a pleasure to deal with guests like you.
Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We popped in there on our last night, bar staff was very friendly and the women in our group loved the cocktails!
If we had stayed longer we would have definitely returned.

Dear milfordboys,
I'm glad you enjoyed cocktails and gave credit to our bar staff. On your next visit to Krakow you have to visit us again and taste one of the best steaks in town!
Once again thank you for your favorable comment!