“Awful Stay”
Review of Hostel Euro Room

Hostel Euro Room
Ranked #119 of 453 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Morning staff very rude. Kitchen has no pots, pans, bowls, plates. staff said they are redecorating. We asked again as we had food. Staff finally gave 1 pot and kept giving us dirty looks the entire morning even kitchen was cleaned after use. Staff told us they can keep luggage after checked out. Saw others luggage were left right in front the the entrance for a few hours without staff being there. Our worst experience in Europe during our 4 weeks travel. 4 stairs to climb. Room small! Awful!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank RAEHoK

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Good value for those travelling on a budget. Very good location, right beside the old town and not far from the train station. Located on the third floor of an old, grotty building, however hostel itself is clean, modern and bright. Our room was very basic but spacious and clean. The mattress was very uncomfortable however and there was only one socket in the room which was annoying when we needed to charge phones/dry hair. A fan was provided which was nice because it was pretty warm when we were there but again it needed to be plugged in to work which caused further issues with the fact there was only one plug in the room. 24 hour reception and free wifi. Should be aware that the hostel is located at the top of 3 flights of stairs so not recommended for those with limited mobility. Staff were helpful and we were able to organise a day trip to Auschwitz at reception with pick up from the door of our hostel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Getting there:
800m from the central station. We walked but it is also possible to take a taxi but it would take 20PLN - 2 much 4 us - otherwise the driver won't drive that short distance. The way is easy to find. Streets aren't the best and have many holes. With a backpack u don't care about them.

Hostel: Very clean, calm, very friendly and helpful staff, our bath was very new. You can have continental breakfast+cerials and free coffee/tea. There's a kitchen u can use but we ate in town (ex. huge soup for 8PLN). Free Wifi / WLan. No elevator. Close to everything important.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Very well located as its very close to the center and reasonable apart from the city noises. There is a disco bar in the ground floor but didn't annoy that much. You that come from country side or very very calm places be prepared that this city never sleeps and its massively occupied by tourists and students which means that there are always noises. This hostel is located in a very old building that is needing love. When we got there we even thought it was some mistake as it looks a bit abandoned on the outside, dirty door , hole in the ground... Once we got there it was an OK place, reasonable clean with modest accommodations but enough for us. The staff is very helpful and nice, they all talk English and they fix everything in case you need to book visits to the local attractions (good prices), if you want a pizza that can also be fixed by the hostel. There are available fridges so you can store what you want there, there are as well available tables so you can seat and eat your food. In average it was a good value place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very close to the city center
Very nice and clean rooms and bathrooms
Very helpful staff providing lots of information,free maps and free candy also
If it doesn't bother you going up the stairs till the 4th floor than i recomend booking a room at this hotel
Also the breakfeast can be provided for an extra fee.
But if you don't want you are free to use microwawe, or the fridge to put your food
I traveled here in March 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Respect other hostels this is a hotel: the prices are very low, it's near the "stare miasto", every room has the toilet room and people are very kind.The double rooms are decisely better than the triples.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, end of August 2012. I booked this hostel because this was the cheapest single room with private bathroom (and with good reviews) that I was able to find (109PLN/night).
The hostel is located in the topmost floor of an old building (no lift). This was not a big problem for me since I just have a small luggage, and I'm still young to climb stairs. And I've already accepted the fact that a lot of polish houses are like this. However, this is not recommended for those with big/heavy luggage, and for the elderly and PWD.
There was no problem with the booking I've made through Venere. The staff are friendly and can speak English. The single room ("Athens") was clean, though it was not spotless and the drainage in the shower was clogged :( They provide towel, tissue paper, hand soap without extra charge.
Prior to the trip, I read some reviews that some are having hard time sleeping because of the noise coming from a nearby night club. I actually don't know where the club is located but at around 10PM I started to hear some music beats. It was not really loud, but I think there was some vibrations. Anyway, I still had a good night sleep (both 2 nights). Maybe the noise level would also depend on the location of the room? Again, I booked the single room which they call "Athens".
The location is also great, walking distance to old town square and is also very close to Krakow Glowny Train Station (just 1 tram stop). The tram stop is just located at the end of the block. Near the tram stop, there's a post office which is really convenient for me since I always send postcards from new places I visit.
If ever I visit Krakow in the future again, I will stay in this place again (unless I found another cheaper place with same quality hehe).

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo