“Great Location & Experience with minor issues”

Venetian House Aparthotel
Ranked #14 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location & Experience with minor issues”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Venetian Hotel (4 nights). As everyone states, the location is great. Right on the square. Room fit my needs (solo traveler). It would have been a perfect stay but 1)upon arrival, they asked me if I wanted to pay the remaining balance in USD or Polish dollars. I was caught off guard by that question (probably due to my jet lag) so when I asked what the difference was, the two ladies got quiet and didn't say anything. Figuring it will be converted into USD eventually, I told them I'd pay in USD and they quickly processed it. But later in my trip and I was asked the same question by another merchant and I asked what the difference would be, the merchant told me to pay in Polish $$ since it's cheaper. So I felt misled by the Venetian front desk. 2) When I flew out to Krakow, I arranged, through Venetian House, a taxi waiting for me for the price of 70 pln. I'm so glad I did. It was a great way to arrive and quickly get into a taxi. However, when I asked the front desk to arrange for a taxi to take me to the airport upon departure, I assumed it would be the same price (70 pln). But halfway to the airport, I asked the driver if the fare will be 70 pln. The driver said no, it's 80 pln. Luckily, I had enough remaining polish currency to cover the fare and tip but it would have been nice to have been told of the fare difference.

Those minor issues aside, I would recommend this place to friends/family. The front desk personnel did help me with restaurant selection and were friendly.

Room Tip: I would recommend the back of the place to avoid the square noise, however, you will still hear peop...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
AAAKrakow, General Manager at Venetian House Aparthotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Schwack,

Thank you for staying with us. We’re happy to read that you enjoyed the apartment, the location and our tips on where to eat out. I have passes your kind review to our staff.

Thank you also for bringing both issues to our attention. We try to constantly improve our services based on our Guests’ feedback. With regards to your payment upon arrival, you were proposed the DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) financial service. It’s a great option for credit card holders, in which the cost of a transaction is converted to the card’s currency when making a payment in a foreign currency. Thus, your bill shows the exact amount of money which will be charged from your bank account. I’m sorry that the staff were unable to explain the process and its advantages to you. We have already trained each staff member on this matter.

And finally, as for the return transfer to the airport, our agreement with the shuttle company states that all off our Guest will be charged the fixed amount of 70 PLN (up to 4 ppl transfer). Which is why, I will personally investigate the case further.

Once again, thank you for your much appreciated comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at the Venetian House Aparthotel in January 2014 for a romantic getaway for my partner's birthday. Service was excellent and staff were very helpful. The room was large, modern, well-decorated and very clean. The room was also cleaned/ replenished daily, despite being an Aparthotel. The kitchen was well-stocked with all utensils needed for self-catering. And the location was superb - right in the heart of the bustling market square, which added to the already great atmosphere of Krakow. Overall, a good stay.

The only MAJOR drawback is the noise level in the Aparthotel. Despite having a courtyard-facing room, which we thought would be quieter than the market square view, there was a lot of noise from within the building itself. As we were on the first floor, we could hear every footstep entering and leaving the place. We could also hear other guests above us due to an open vent between our floors! The TV was blasting early in the morning and we could hear them talking loudly every night! Also, it seems ridiculous for the Aparthotel to have stone steps inside the building, where noise and laughter echoed with every step. It could so easily be remedied with thick carpeting, which is fairly cost-friendly. I don't know why that hasn't been considered as it could go a long way towards providing guests with a more restful stay. I spent every night stressing out about being woken up by other guests simply walking up the stairs and ended up wearing thick ear plugs to help me sleep.

I must add that it wasn't guests being noisy, but the environment itself. Even if hours went passed without hearing a peep from someone, as soon as anybody walked up/down the stone stairs or put the TV on, we were woken up immediately. Ultimately, I would NOT recommend this Aparthotel to anybody who was a light sleeper. It's a real shame as it's a lovely gem of a place that's centrally located with great service.

I would also add as a suggestion to staff - could the TVs perhaps come with CNN English? It's not a deal-breaker, but would be a nice touch and would also be in keeping up with other major European cities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LaylaBenk,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. It is lovely to read that you enjoyed our services, the amenities of the apartment and our dedicated staff’s help.

With regards to the noise issue, firstly, I am deeply sorry that we could not meet your expectations in this aspect. We do our best to make our Guests stays as comfortable as possible, which is why we are very sorry to hear that you have been disturbed. I would like to assure you that we are aware of the problem, which is treated with the highest priority. Unfortunately, due to the age and legal restrains of the building, we are currently not able to fully noise-proof the aparthotel. Which is why, we are considering some temporary measures to be taken in the next months.

Should you decide to visit Krakow one more time, we would be more than happy to propose other locations in the city center which are also in our offer, perhaps in a slightly less crowded area of the Old Town.

Once again, we are grateful for your review and look forward to meeting you again.

Regards
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The Venetian is an amazing find slap bang in the middle of market square. Excellent location and the facilities are great too! I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. If you're heading to Krakow book here
Everything you needed in the kitchen and the rooms were spotless. Only slight down fall was no lift but you get over that as soon as you get into the room.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
uk
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My first trip to Krakow,my daughter had stayed at this hotel and told me it was great but didn't expect it to be that great,how wrong was I.Central for everything,the rooms are spotless and have everything you could need,the staff were lovely and very helpful.Have booked already to return in September with my daughter and our partners.Thanks Venetian for a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aimeesgranny
Ireland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Venetian House Aparthotel Is in the most perfect location to stay while visiting Krakow, It's right on the main square and everything is in walking distance, you step outside the door and your there. Along with the perfect location the apartments themselves were ideal, beautifully decorated, modern, very clean, serviced each day. There was nothing more we could have asked for. I hired two apartments for a group of 7 of us. Both were on the 4th Floor and were perfect for our numbers. Apartment 1 had One double bed, It was very very spacious and we could have slept two more on the sofa bed. It was alittle noisey, just at night as there is a disco bar next door, but no traffic noise etc... it was at the front of the building on the main square, However it was fine for us as we often came in late ourselves and also I brought ear-plugs so didn't hear a thing. (The views of the square were fab tho) The second apartment, Number 5 on the same floor, was a lot more quiet as it was at the back. Again it was very spacious. One large room with 3 single beds and one large sofa bed in the living area. Each apartment had everything you would need, glasses, dishes, bottle/can openers, tea, coffee etc.. Bathroom toiletries and they were serviced each day. I'd highly recommend these apartments. There's a reception and all the staff were really helpful, making booking for us etc.. On our last they they stored our luggage. I couldn't fault it! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Book a front apartment for great views but avoid if you don't want noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mslovetogetaway
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I stay here on sun 19 jan 2014 till Thursday 23 2014 staff were very helpful nothing was to much trouble for them from booking taxi to our tours and very polite staff was a real pleasure to stay here will be staying in summer again many thanks again
Mr & Mrs Moore

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Colin M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were very pleased with this find via Trip Advisor on what was our first trip to Krakow. Its central location to various historical sites, great restaurants, both traditional and no traditional was excellent. The room was warm, quiet, tastefully decorated and very clean which we are rather particular about. We had a great stay and would not hesiate to visit again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple