Kajzer Hostel
US$145
US$123
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$79
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfresh fruitminute walksalt minesearplugsbalconykettlezlotycerealtvnoisetrips
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I spent five days at Kajzer Hostel together with my students and we were...family!!
The owners are extremely friendly and Maria is an excellent cook. We were treated like friends.
I hope I will have the opportunity to visit them in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Wonderful place with great location (walking distance from Old Town and Kazimierz).
Room exceed our expectations. We've stayed in hotels in higher ratings with just a fraction of conveniences offered at Kajzer Hostel. The owners are fantastic hosts, who contributed to family like atmosphere.
Amazing food! (and beverages:). Did I mention great value?
Kajzer Hostel is definitely worth recommendation. We'll be back!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Exceptionally friendly, polite and accommodating staff - a very warm welcome! The foyer offers free city maps and tourist information leaflets plus a couple of shelves of reading books in a variety of languages if you forget yours.

The room was more a suite than a room, with a fully equipped kitchen (and very well stocked mini bar!), shower room, huge twin bedded room with dressing table, wardrobe, also lounge chairs, dining table and 4 chairs, massive TV and a balcony. The room was very clean and someone came to re-stock loo roll and empty the bins each day. This is a 3* hostel, so there is not the maid service one would get in a hotel.

The Kajzer bar/restaurant was on the ground floor immediately below us, but when in our room we never heard any noise from the bar. The food and drink at the restaurant were very good and reasonably priced. The breakfast, which we had on 2 mornings, was 25 zloty; this represented exceptional value for money as it was an eat-all-you-can buffet of hot and cold savoury options as well as a full range of cereal, toast, yoghurt, cake, crepes, fresh fruit, etc. The breakfasts kept us going until tea time!

The hostel is perfectly placed just south of the river in the Jewish ghetto area. It took no more than 15 minutes to get into Krakow centre, Schindler's factory and the bus stop to the salt mines, but it benefited from being in much quieter area than the city centre. The neighbourhood is well resourced with 3 mini-markets, a post office, two delis and two 24 hour Alkoholes very near by, in addition to a range of other shops. The tram service passes the front door, although we did not use this service because everything is in easy walking distance. We used the very cheap bus to travel out of the Krakow area; the MPK.krakow.pl website has all the route maps and timetables.

So what could have been better?

I like a cool bedroom, but on a couple of nights the room did get very hot; it was a south facing room and, although we kept shutters and blinds down all day when we were out, it still warmed up. There were extractor fans, but no air conditioning; this is a 3* hostel!!
It took a couple of nights to get used to the trams which started at about 4.30am, but by day 3 I forgot that they existed and they ceased to disturb sleep.
The free wifi was excellent until the penultimate day, when it ceased to function - oh well, this stopped me doing work!

This hostel is exceedingly good value for money and, as a mother of 3, I know it is a great place for families of younger children who need flexibility. I have already 'sold' it to family and friends, so I recommend you book now before they do!

Room Tip: The twin room was wonderful: home from home only much better, cleaner and more restful! On very hot days, keep shutters down.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have stayed in places with a higher star rating that are not half as nice as Kajzer Hostel. We had a lovely room (number 1) which was spotless when we arrived, comfy beds, a spacious room with a small balcony, good kitchen. Located in the former Jewish ghetto it is close to some historic sites, also close to some excellent restaurants and bars, although the food in the bar was good polish fare so you could eat there, which we did on our first night. Very friendly, helpful staff.
Only down sides are the trams which can be a bit noisy but as I always travel with earplugs they didn't bother me at all and there is no lift (which could account for the lower star rating) again that didn't bother me.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back, it will be further from the road.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a really nice place to stay, it's quiet, clean, very well appointed rooms, hair dryers, fans, TV, fridge, kettle, Tea / Coffee & mineral water etc... I have stayed in many 3 star hotels that could not come close to the KAJZER in all respects, I really recommend you give it a go. I have to tell this... I researched the best restaurants in Krakow and managed to book a table. The food was great! but honestly it was no tastier than the food we ate at the Kazjer, for a fraction of the cost! The restaurant did the whole silver service thing and the food and setting was a bit more 'arty' in appearance etc, very nice BUT the straight forward fresh, super tasty delights at Kajzer were to 'die for' too... The staff... just so totally friendly, ever patient & helpful and never short of a recommendation, this friendliness and attention to detail was received from the cleaner to the owners!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family