“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
Review of Krakow Tours

Krakow Tours
Ranked #7 of 270 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Krakow Tours are an English company providing quality, personalized tours to the major sites in and around Krakow, using English speaking guides. We specialize in Auschwitz/Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine tours, we are highly recommended on TripAdvisor for our combined 1 day tour. We also offer many other interesting trips that are off the usual tourist trail.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a trip to auschwitz and birkenau. Our guide for the day was Mark. A delightful and very knowledgeable young man who was so enthusiastic throughout the day. We were picked up promptly from the hotel. Throughout the day we came across a number of other trips and they just seemed to be large groups following a guide round where as we were dropped at auschwitz after Mark gave us advice on where to visit and in which order. Then we travelled on to Birkenau where Mark gave us a guided tour of the camp. We had a very nice packed lunch which was provided whilst travelling back. The whole day was excellent and would advise anyone to pick Krakow Tours rather than any other larger tours. Thankyou Mark for an interesting day and hope you are now reading reviews on trip advisor and remember you can comment ! Gill and Gary

1  Thank CumbriaGill

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We used Krakow tours for our airport transfers and a combined trip to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. Service was punctual, efficient and well organised.
Phil picked the three of us up from the hotel in a family sized car, which had just one other couple on the trip.
Arriving at Auschwitz Phil escorted us through the entrance and gave us a guide book and map. As there is so much to see and so much information around the site to read, Phil advised us of the most interesting buildings then left us to walk round at our own pace.
We had two and half hours, which was just about enough time to see what we wanted to see.
Phil then drove us the short distance to Birkenau, where he stayed with us and guided us round the site. He was very knowledgeable and gave us plenty of time pause and take everything in.
He then drove us to the Salt Mines and guided us through the entrance where we were given headphones and a guided tour by the Salt Mine tour guide.
We had also wanted to visit Zakopane and the Tatra mountains, but hadn't booked a trip. Phil was really helpful and told us how to get there by bus, and gave us travel guide booklet with information.
I would definitely recommend this small private tour company ... so much better than going on a large coach tour. Thank you Phil.

4  Thank dcsandra
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were a group of three couples who booked the Auschwitz/ Birkenau Tour, and the format suited us perfectly.
We were picked up spot on time and driven to Auschwitz where we were given a map each and tips of where to go. This works well here because people move at different rates and there are plenty of pictures and writings.
This took about two and a half hours; and we then went on to Bikenau. This was a guided and informative tour which is necessary because the information is a bit sparse.
We were provided with a very good packed lunch, and returned to our hotel (total time out around 7 hours).
In all great value for money that totally met our needs.

We also used Krakow tours for our Airport Transfers, which again worked really well.

3  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went on two tours, Salt mines and Auschwitz. Cost £98 for the two of us. Guides were very good and pickup and return from hotel very good. We did them over two days and would suggest that is the better way of doing it if you do not want to be really tired.

2  Thank Howard m
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I read Kerrons reveiw which was not good for him, but reading all the rest realised it may just not of suited him. I went on my tour with Mark, who explained in depth about the camps we visited. He was the nicest young man, very well informed and very polite. I also visited the Salt mine, another brilliant experience. Must also add, that I opted for the packed lunch off Mark, lovely fresh rolls and enough food to feed 10, very good value, a must have if going on these trips.
I have been home for one month now and very excited to be going back again tomorrow, and yes, I've re-booked this trip again as there's so much to see and take in, it's excellent value for money. The museums in Auschwitz are where I'll be visiting on Friday and Saturday, can't recommend enough. I've asked for Mark again and ordered my packed lunch. I will update my experience on my return.

3  Thank Fanofpoland