Hotel Maksymilian
US$111
Agoda.com
US$63
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squaregreat hotelscrambled eggsrecommend this hotelhotel restaurantold townsalt minestea and coffeepolish sausagebottled watershort breakminute walktram stoppowerful showergood sizetriple roomnight break
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We chose this hotel after reading other guests comments on Trip Advisor and we were not let down. It is only a five minute walk to the Old Town and a ten minute walk to the Castle Area.

The hotel has recently opened so everything is new and clean. The hotel is on a fairly busy road but all rooms overlook the courtyard at the back so it is very quiet and we slept very well. The room (33) was quite large with twin beds, free safe, television, radio alarm clock, free internet Wi-Fi access and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for storage. There was a table and two chairs in the room. Two bottles of water are left in the room each day and there is a kettle with tea, coffee, sugar and creamer which is replenished every day. The beds were comfortable but could do with bigger pillows.

The bathroom was a good size, complimentary shampoo and shower cream, hairdryer and a powerful shower. The towels were nice and thick and changed every day even though we left them on the towel rail.

Breakfast was from 7 to 10.30 and there was lots of choice so nobody should go hungry. There is a restaurant and a bar at the hotel which we did not use so cannot comment on them.

The staff (cleaners and reception) were all very polite and helpful, maps are provided and tours can be booked at reception if required. All the staff spoke very good English.

There is a computer near reception for guest's use if required.

There is a health salon in the hotel offering various massages and body wraps but we did not use it so cannot comment except to say that their prices seemed very reasonable for the services offered.

We would recommend this hotel as it is reasonably priced, very close to the centre of town and extremely quiet. We hope to go back to Krakow next May or June and will definately book this hotel as long as there is availability.

Congratulations to all the staff for making our stay as comfortable and happy as they could.

Room Tip: All rooms should be good as none overlook the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LizMarcWirralEngland
maksymilianhotel, Front Office Manager at Hotel Maksymilian, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Maksymilian. We sincerely appreciate your review and we are really happy that you had a nice stay. We do hope that you will visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Maksymilian hotel is located at 5 minutes’ walk from the market square and the old town. It has cosy, nicely furnished rooms with tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary mineral water bottle. Free wi-fi in the rooms and free internet point in the hotel lobby. Excellent restaurant at the basement. The staff is very welcoming, kind, helpful and efficient. Every request was immediately satisfied - and always with a smile. Thank you very much Asia, Karolina and Milena for making my short stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: Room no. 1 on the ground floor is PRM equipped.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Another good find. A little off the beaten track but on a quiet street with many rooms facing a courtyard. We spent 4 days here and felt very comfortable. This hotel was chosen after doing many searches on Trip Advisor. Trip Advisor advice has not yet led us astray.

Paul, the front desk person even helped my husband with our laptop. Over the previous 3 weeks of our trip we had been unable to connect via Wi-Fi. Dragging a laptop along and not being able to utilize it was frustrating, but when I mentioned it to Paul he said that he thought he could assist and if he couldn’t then the hotel IT person could. Well with one phone call and a few minutes we were connected and the computer has been functioning ever since.

Breakfast is included and is adequate for a good morning start. Hotel will arrange shuttle service to and from airport in a very nice vehicle for a reasonable price. They also sell tickets to all the local attractions. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Might ask for the main hotel with lift. We were in the part without a lift and it made moving our huge luggage a bit of a drag...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Very friendly staff, they even managed to find me a kayak rental at the Wavel! They also got a masseur at the premecies. The room was OK, nice breakfast. My only complain was the lack of posibility to have a cup of coffee in the backyard.
I'll be back at the beginning of november.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us recently to welcome you as our guest at Hotel Maksymilian. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to constantly improve our level of service. We were pleased about your positive comments. Dear Guest, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Maksymilian during your next stay in Cracow.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 October 2011

I did not choose this hotel, I was referred to it in the middle of the night by hotel Amber due to its overbooking. I was critical on going there. Reception and check in welcome went on very smooth and within few minutes I was on way to the room. Seemed to me a strange passage of corridors with doors in the way, maybe because of the old interconnecting buildings. Room space was very sufficient, with a semi-double bed. Old style basic furnishings, all very clean and cared for, free extra speed wireless internet, coffee-tea set. Bathroom not that cramped as the usual in many 3-stars hotels. I liked to sit and have tea in the afternoon by my room window overlooking the quiet backyard garden, with occasional children merry making. In this time of the year, sun rays poured nicely in the room through the window scene.

Excellent staff service, good variety, good quality breakfast in the basement of the hotel. I requested a late check-out as my plane was in the evening. The front disc lady immediately gave what is apparently in her authority, and in the following day when I was just about to explain I needed more, I was told before I explain, that check out time is extended for more 2 ½ hours. Apparently the information from the junior lady was passed up, and managed accordingly. I liked that. When I was leaving my room, I found the cleaning lady standing silently close to the door waiting for my exit. Finally I left my luggage for few hours while I had my last stroll in the old town, to come back for my prepared waiting taxi to the airport.

For this quality service, good condition, good location, and advertised rates, this hotel is an excellent choice

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the backyard garden, my room was 41
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank eyecairo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you had such a good stay in Hotel Maksymilian. Your opinion has been passed to our employees as an additional motivation to keep up our high standards.
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Cracow.