Hotel Maksymilian
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Amber Hotel(Krakow)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squaregreat hotelscrambled eggsrecommend this hotelhotel restaurantold townsalt minestea and coffeepolish sausagebottled watershort breakminute walktram stoppowerful showergood sizetriple roomnight break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel via an offer on groupon. My first trip to Poland and I will most definitely go back! The whole trip was so easy from catching the bus at the airport to locating the hotel. The whole weekend I spent under a £100 including food, drink and gifts.
The hotel was spotless, great location. The staff were helpful and spoke decent English.
We undertook a tour to Auswitz and berkenau whilst we were there.
I have recommended the hotel to all of my friends and explained how cheap and such a central location it is.
Breakfast wasn't too great but it was so cheap to eat outside the hotel it didn't bother me.
Well done maksymilian

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bev W
joasiabuczkowska, Manager at Hotel Maksymilian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us recently to welcome you as our guest at Hotel Maksymilian. We really appreciate your feedback. We were pleased about your positive comments. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Maksymilian during your next stay in Cracow.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is a little gem of a find. Just a few minute walk into the centre of the city with tram running directly outside the hotel enabling you to hop on to pretty much anywhere in the city. The bedrooms were spacious and very quiet, a very welcome sleep on a comfortable bed after days of walking. Breakfast was outstanding. We treated ourselves to a massage before heading back for the airport. This was exceptional value and a great experience. The hotel was fantastic value for money and the service in the bar and reception was superb. I would highly recommend this hotel as a base for your Krakow adventure.

2  Thank carriewilson

Dear Guests,
It is absolutely fantastic to receive such a great comment. I am really happy that you enjoyed the stay with us. I hope that now you will visit it again. All the Maksymilian Team is awaiting your future visits with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My girlfriend & I intended to stay at the Radisson in Krakow, but on the advise of Qwerty Travel, we decided to stay at the Maksymilian. We were not disappointed. The welcome was great, value was outstanding.
The room was clean, spacious & had everything we needed. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the Old Town & about the same time to a major road, where buses to/from the airport run. Having said that, when we went back to the airport at the end of our stay, we used the hotels own taxi service, which cost us 80 Zloty (£16). A similar trip in UK would likely have been £25-30.
Buffet breakfast was good & although we didn't use their own restaurant in the evening, I have no reason to think the food would be anything but good.
I would definitely visit Krakow again & would definitely stay at the Maksymilian

1  Thank Maultin
joasiabuczkowska, Manager at Hotel Maksymilian, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you had such a good stay in Hotel Maksymilian. Your opinion has been passed to our employees as an additional motivation to keep up our high standards.
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Cracow.
With best regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

4 of us stayed here on a 3 day city break to krakow at he end of March 2014, The 3 star rating is spot on, and was everything i expected and more.
The rooms were good, the breakfast was excellent, the rooms were clean and very well maintained. The staff always had a smile and were very helpful, Its situated in a good position for sight seeing and i would definitely stay here again.
What more can i say other than book this hotel confidently knowing you have picked a good one.

Room Tip: All rooms are well double glazed so there is no noise from outside

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was a good quality hotel in a very convenient location to explore the centre of Krakow. We stayed in a standard double room for three nights. The room was clean and well maintained. There was a dressing table, sofa, good sized wardrobe with safe and tea and coffee provided. There was also an excellent shower in the bathroom and a hair dryer. The room was very warm and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was of a reasonable standard with the usual continental choices alongside scrambled eggs, frankfurters and a selection of breads, cake and fruit. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English. There was a restaurant and bar attached to the hotel too. We visited the bar once but didn't use the restaurant, although it looked fine. This hotel is a great base for exploring Krakow as it is within a ten minute walk of the centre. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Don't have the room on the top floor as our friends reported it was rather cramped and had only a skylight.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
joasiabuczkowska, Manager at Hotel Maksymilian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014