“Excellent restaurant!”

Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dear Sirs, due to the change of Trzy kroki w szaleństwo venue we are forced to have a break. The restaurant will begin at the new address at the end of first quarter of 2016. We will let you know about our new, even more attractive, location immediately. We are sorry for the inconvenience! All the questions and reservations will be accepted via email.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

i went with my partner on a tuesday night, it was very quiet (I think we were the only customers) and we were shown to our table in a little raised alcove under a window.
The waiter spoke good english and recommended the cheese souffle as a starter for me when I coudln't decide between that and another dish - and boy was I in cheese heaven! Thick creamy cheese sauce, and the souffle itself perfectly cooked.
i had sea bream with saffron mash for my main, it was sprinkled with gold dust and tasted very nice.
The dessert was the most amazing thing though - I had the jasmine creme brulee with passionfruit sorbet, and spun golden sugar, absolutely delicious.

The food was great, but I think the most impressive thing was the presentation - I'm a sucker for a beautiful dish.

Probably would have spent at least twice as much in London, so definitely good value for money.
If I ever go back to Krakow, I'll be sure to visit this restaurant again.

2  Thank Svansson
There are newer reviews for Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My third dinner here in 12 months and I was not disappointed. I had made a reservation, although they had me down for an hour earlier, but it was not a problem. A few fellow diners were there so it made for a nice atmosphere and the restaurant itself is very stylish. Presentation of the food is always good and this was no exception. I had the bruschetta to start followed by the pork tenderloin, the pork had a gorgeous sauce and the flavours overall were wonderful. Followed by a creme brulee which was equally pretty as well as tasty with it's basket of spun toffee! Good attentive service made for a lovely meal. I will return - AGAIN.

1  Thank Kevinbrom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A very nice restaurant wich has nice pricing for so good food. The waiter was very entartaining, told us about the food and what the dish was. I personally loved jasmine creme brulee which I will advice further to my friends. The restaurant is very calm and has nice music. Salads are very good and all the dishes are proper size - not to big but not too small either. Enjoyed my time there a lot!

1  Thank Olga G
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were in Krakow for a short break to see Aushcwitz and Schindlers factory - and had hoped to find somewhere nice to eat in - when on a short stroll from our hotel - Chopin - into the centre of Krakow we spied a short flight of stairs and a solid, sturdy wooden door and a sign we could not read! But on opening the door we entered a paradise - the restaurant had not opened for the evening yet - but they could not have more inviting - we were able to have a drink and peruse the menu (in English) with wonderful descriptions of the dishes. We asked if we were able to make a booking for the next evening and they agreed.
When we arrived the following evening the greeting was welcoming and we were shown to our table in the seeming labyrinth of rooms - very nice and private - BUT my wife suffers from claustrophobia and could not face anywhere without windows! But they were able to seat us in the most fantastic table in the place! Where we were able to watch the food being prepared and my wife was happy and so was I - and the food was magnificient! Try as a starter of the 3 cheeses - everything is in 3's! For mains we had 3 fishes and 3 ways with lamb - all beautiful!
So if you ever visit the lovely city of Krakow - visit this restaurant - and have some of their versions of everything 3! We are going to return to Krakow and here - so should you

2  Thank HappyMackem1951
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you're looking for a fine dining experience in Krakow, with great service, and delicious, innovative food with beautiful presentation, stop looking and book your table.

Trzy Kroki has been our go-to restaurant for special occasions for some time. It's as much a meal as it is an experience. Firstly, the wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, and will gladly help you choose what best fits your palate.

The beef pappardelle is a staple of ours, definitely worth it for at least one of your party to give it a try. Being from Honolulu, and accustomed to the terrible tuna available in Krakow, the tuna steak took as all by surprise. It was fresh, delicious, and like all the meals here, presented beautifully. The highest honors have to go to the filet mignon, however. A beautiful, fresh cut of meat, cooked perfectly, and served with a black pepper sauce that really can't be described in words. As with tuna, finding a good steak in Krakow is a challenge to say the least, and near impossible to have it cooked correctly. No problems here, definitely one of the best steaks i've had anywhere, and one of the best meals, as well.

We sampled a variety of appetizers, main courses, and took all four deserts. They are all fantastic, and you only need to decide on what best fits your tastes. I chose the lemon tart, and it was flawless, but you can't go wrong with any, as we tried them all this time around.

It shouldn't matter at this point, but a full three-course meal for four, beers, two bottles of wine, single-malt whiskey, cognac and mineral water came out to be a surprisingly good value as well, where you would expect to pay much more for worse, both abroad and even in Krakow.

Don't hesitate, Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo is one of only a few Krakow restaurants that in my 4 years of living here i would describe as a must-visit, for locals and tourists alike.