“Auschwitz and Salt Mine”

SeeKrakow Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum Tour from Krakow
Ranked #79 of 272 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a tour operator providing complex services in terms of daily guided tours, excursions, special interest and educational tours, both for groups and individual tourists. Specialties: 1. Daily guided tours around Kraków and its environs (Auschwitz-Birkenau, Wieliczka Salt Mine etc.), as well as the region of Małopolska, 2. Educational and special interest day tours. SeeKrakow is a member of the Polish Chamber of Tourism and Cracow Chamber of Tourism.'SeeKrakow' brand is owned by UTC Tour Operator Sp. z o.o. company.We are the only company that is entitled to be called "The Official Partner of InfoKrakow, city's official tourist information centres".
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked an Auschwitz tour and a Salt Mine tour with SeeKrakow because it was recommended by my hostel. Paid 105 and 110 zloty respectively because I am a student. They picked me up punctually at the hostel. The van on the tour to Auschwitz had a tv but it wasn't used. :( Thought maybe some film about Auschwitz could be shown. Our tour guide in Auschwitz was really good and made the tour extremly interesting and informative. On the other hand, our tour guide in the Salt Mine was a bit unexperienced and didn't provide us with much information. She told us she had been working there for about 2 weeks so it made me wonder if it is really true that SeeKrakow choses the guides for the tours based on their experience, performance, etc... (like they said here whe answering to some reviews!). Don't think that in 2 weeks she could get so much good feedback... Of course it is practical being fetched and left at your hotel's door and it is a great opportunity to meet other travelers but this situation with the guide made me a bit perplex and don't know if I can trust SeeKrakow's comments now. D:

1  Thank Beatriz M
SeeKrakow, Guest Relations Manager at SeeKrakow Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Beatriz,

Thank You very much for a great review. We are very happy that You enjoyed both of our tours and I want to assure You that we are doing all we can to improve our services.

Now to answer your concerns.

1. On a trip to Auschwitz when we have tourists that bought excursions in different languages (for example english, german, italian, spanish etc.) and they travel together on the same bus we are not able to show the movie because of simple technical difficulty - it is not possible to have the audio in all languages at the same time.

2. Inexperienced Tour Guide in The Salt Mine - Tour Guides in The Salt Mine and The Auschwitz Museum are the employees of The Mine and The Museum respectively. Even though we try very hard to reserve the best Guides it is not our decision what Tour Guide will be designated to guide our groups.

Once again, thank You so much for Your kind review and We hope to see You back in Krakow soon !

Best regards,

in 19 reviews
"jewish quarter"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent. My wife's family is of Polish origin, and we have long wanted to visit a couple of small villages some 40 miles outside of Krakow that are our best guess at tracing some of her ancestors. There were 4 adults and a 5 year old in our family group and we arranged for a van and driver with SeeKrakow Day Tours. The van was spotless and comfortable, and the driver, Mr. Derek Ullman, was excellent. Our family has travelled a lot, and our opinion is he is the best hired car driver we've had yet. None of us speaks Polish, and Mr. Ullman translated and interacted with folks to help us find the Church and Cemetery we were looking for, then actually got out in the rain and helped us locate the gravesites we were trying to find. Afterwards he located a really great restaurant for us. Although our trip included many wonderful places and people, this part was the reason for the trip in the first place and if it hadn't gone well, it would have been sad. Mr. Ullman and this company came through 100% and made it a truly enjoyable and memorable experience. Thank you.

Chip Dockery, Orlando FL

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Booked this trip when we arrived. They were prompt on pick up and dc the guide was very good. Her English was good and her added knowledge was good. There is a lot to see but the pace was right. If you are one of these people who has to read everything and examine every little exhibit then this is not for you - do your own. The camps are busy especially auschwitz and can see why they want groups to go to under not individuals. Both camps are respectally well done.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I used the service of Seekrakow to go to the SAlt Mine while I was in Krakow last week. They picked me up at the right time, the driver was extremely pleasant and we had an enormous guide with a great knowledge of the Mine. I will definitely recommend the SeeKrakow Comapny to all my family and friend going to Krakow !
Saluti !