“Good food, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zlata Ulicka - CLOSED

Zlata Ulicka
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Polish, European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Original Czech beer and Moravian wine. Delicious Czech cuisine. Nice view on Vistula river. Kids friendly place. Open 12:00-23:00.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited the place on a sunny Sunday afternoon and had a generally pleasing experience. The starters (pate) were amazing. Possibly the best pate I have ever tried. The main didn't stand up to the same level (rabbit loin) and while nicely presented I found it a bit dry. Overall the food is good and the choice broad enough to satisfy everyone.

Staff is friendly, though at times can be a bit overwhelmed, possibly another person or two waiting the tables would help. Interior is nice and sunny and the location is great.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Sale
“It's worth trying to seek this place out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had seen previous reviews on TA, so I decided to give it a try, and was not disappointed.

It's a little way from the centre of town, near the Sheraton but it is well worth the walk.

I was there on a Thursday, and was a little surprised to find I was the only person in the place. I ordered the garlic broth, which was delicious, and the grilled pork neck, with dumplings and fried cabbage. The pork was cooked perfectly, and the dumplings were very light and the fried cabbage was tasty, also. I had 1 beer and the bill came to around 50 zloty, which was fine, especially as the food had tasted so good.

The food is as good and authentic as anything I have had in Prague and is a place I would definitely recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Durham
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were expecting an old cellar restaurant so the bright and airy room was a pleasant surprise. The lentil soup and broth hit the spot. The goulash was delicious and the dumplings were so light it was a wonder they did not float off the plate. The pork loin with cranberries was delightful. Service was good. House red wine was pleasant and the Bernard beer went down a treat. We dont normally have desert but could not resist the apple pie. All in all a very pleasant and very reasonably priced meal. We stayed in the Kossak hotel so literally just had to walk across the road.

• Visited November 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Czech cuisine with Polish creativity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This restaurant is just acrross the corner from Sheraton. It's small restaurant in basement. Service is excellent. Food tastes good - but sometimes there is Polish creativity that has nothing to do with Czech cuisine. Still you might taste something similar to Czech cuisine. Beverages are typical from Czech Republic. Prices are affordable.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I fancied some good beer and after quick research on google I found this place. I had plenty of Czech food and beer before but I must say the fried cheese (Smažený sýr) I had in this place is far better than in many restaurants in Prague. The beer was excellent as well, good choice.

• Visited November 2012
Robert M, Owner at Zlata Ulicka, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
We are excited to hear that our smažený sýr is better than in Prague! And we are happy that you liked the Czech beer in our restaurant. Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again!