“A great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“A great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Queen's Boutique. The hotel itself is gorgeous and very well priced, especially given the quality. It's really beautifully done out in a modern boutique style. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was huge! Bigger than my flat in London, and really comfortable and stylishly decorated. I had a bite to eat at the bar/restaurant downstairs and the food was delicious (smoked goose salad with ricotta and strawberries and a caipirihna) and it was very well priced at around £10 equiv.
Not knowing Krakow, when I first arrived I had expected to be closer to the old town (I got a taxi from the train station as it's probably a 30 minute walk). But the location actually turned out to be ideal. It's just outside the South wall of the old town and is about 5 minutes from the Castle. The hotel sits between the old town and the Jewish district, so it's ideal for sightseeing as you're right between the two. And actually, walking into the old town took no time at all - you're just 5 minutes away, and in the central square within 10 minutes or so. In some ways it's a bit of a relief to be able to escape from the crush of tourists.
I didn't have time to try the spa facilities, but am sure they would be great.
It is situated on a main road, but I wasn't bothered by the noise. My only slight negative was that the hotel was incredibly quite during my stay, so a little lacking in atmosphere. But I'd rather than than being surrounded by the hordes of stag dos, so I'll take it!
I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JessL0nd0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
West Sussex, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are just back from a very pleasant 3 night stay at the Queen Boutique Hotel. We had a nice clean room at the back of the hotel, with a view of the castle and we found the position ideal. It's about 15 minutes walk to the main square and a 5-10 minute walk to the jewish quarter. (Must recommend the Free Walking Tour - see separate review, as this showed us around the jewish quarter where we found lovely restaurants). What I must recommend about this hotel is the breakfast - brilliant and I have done some travelling but really was impressed. We were badly let down when we arrived at the airport, having researched a company to collect us and take us on tours but on arrival the hotel arranged our two day tours to Auschwitz and Salt Mines and a chauffeur driven car back to the airport. Nothing was too much trouble, a lovely stay thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are better than at the front
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria996
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

we arrived around 11.30 and were able to take our room straight away, following a very friendly check-in. location is good; a five or ten minute walk from the trendy jewish quarter and ten to fifteen minutes from the main square. the missus reckons she would have preferred a room at the back of the hotel, rather than roadside, because of the noise, but i disagree.
breakfast was very good, hotel was exceptionally clean throughout, and all staff were very friendly and spoke excellent english. would use again, especially as krakow is a city you'd be very happy to visit more than once.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper, then ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anna N, Front Office Manager at Queen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guests,
I'm grateful for the feedback you have written after your stay. I see you were another lucky Guest who could check in before 2 pm :). I have already mentioned few times that every time we are able to allow early check in, we are happy to do so. Moreover, it is great you enjoyed time in Krakow so much so that you wish to come for another break.
I hope we will see you again soon.
Best regards,
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I arrived sunday 18th May into krakow airport caught the local bus into the centre all very easy and very cheap, once we found our hotel we were told they had doubled booked so they didn't have a room there for us that 1st night, but had a taxi waiting and sent us straight to another 4 star hotel (puro) which was beautiful very modern and plush, bed to die for and Samsung tablet to control everything. It was stuituated next to the shopping mall which was great as tried from early start and it was raining a little. The next morning we got a taxi back to queens to find we had been upgraded to deluxe room with balcony and free bottle of red wine, weather got very hot 26+ so balancony was wonderful over looking castle, breakfast was wonderful smoked salmon ect. On my birthday I had a hot stone massage which was lovely, beautiful spa facilities, we did the salt mines trip ourself very cheap bus there ticket machine at bus stop but make sure you buy a ticket we got fined 120zt as we got on at the end of bus and didn't see the machine in the middle due to overcrowding on the bus back, the local transport is great and easy to use overall a wonderful city break in two brilliant hotels

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bobspud
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Krakow is now our destination of choice for a city trip and this hotel is the only one I would ever stay in if I am with my wife. not for a group on stag or hen trips but for couples great locations in my opinion and certainly been great the 3 times we have been there

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grant M
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your opinion. I’m glad that another stay at Queen Boutique was enjoyable! I hope that you will visit Krakow again and it would be marvelously if you also stay with us.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay in the queen boutique hotel. My only complaint would be the walk to the major areas, it did get tedious after a few days
The breakfast was amazing! The room was surprisingly large too

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mullyeeee
Dorset,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was a lovely hotel to stay in , location was perfect for seeing the old town and the Jewish Quater as it is right in the middle of the two. Breakfast was exceptional and staff very helpful. beds very comfy. If you fancy doing a walking tour wiht a private guide, please ask reception to arrange this, we had a wonderful guide for 3 hours who was so interesting and very reasonable. Also this hotel organised a driver and vehicle for us to visit the salt mines. Sadly didn't try the spa but it looked great and good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple