“What a find in a great city”
Review of Aparthotel Adler

Aparthotel Adler
Ranked #145 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel is a nice little find in a location not far from the centre of the city and walkable to the old town which was great. You could also take a tram from the hotel and be in the centre in 10 mins or so for just 2.8 zl which is about 60p. The location is an area that is undergoing a lot of building work and there are lots of new apartment blocks being built in front of the hotel and although the builders were there they did not disturb us. We also felt very safe at night and walked back every night.
The staff at the hotel are the biggest asset and very friendly and helpful and looked after us well. We could not believe the value for money for our stay and our 3 friends that came with us all thought the same. def def would recommend and we hope to stay again next year.
A private transfer from the airport to the hotel cost £38 pounds return in a brand new mercedes and as there was 3 of us in the car just over £12 each return and took 30 minutes.
The city was beautiful and the people are very friendly and couldnt do enough to help you. Christmas market also very nice. Also you will be surprised as to how good the value for money is with you able to eat out near the hotel for less than £20 a head for 3 courses with wine.
10ZL is about £2

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The hotel is nice and done to a very modern standard. The hotel staff were all very friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious enough and had a little kitchenette to prepare simple meals in. However, the dishes were not always consistent (ie: may have 3 glasses, 4 plates, 2 bowls, etc.) Great bathroom, good heating (it was winter) and comfy beds.

The only let down was the area in which the hotel was located. There was a lot of construction going on across the street as they are building several new apartment buildings so it was noisy in the morning and if you stayed there (which we didn't) during the day it would have been hard to relax. The area was not the nicest to look at, but was not unsafe. You could walk to the more central parts in about 20 minutes.

Overall I would stay here again and when the construction is done it should be a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at adler just one night because it was on our way to Oswiecim. It is in walking distance to old town, near the river. Room was comfortable and clean. It has a free parking area ( public ).

The best thing with this hotel was the receptionist lady. She helped us a lot about the area and making a plan. I always read and buy guide books about where I travel. I dont know why but somehow I skipped Wieliczka Salt Mine. I didnt know this place but thanks to lady she told us this place. It is around 14 km from the hotel and worth to see. I can say that this salt mine was one of the most magnificent places I ever seen.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed last weekend at your hotel for two nights. My original plans were different. I was supposed to buy a Cadillac and drive it to Finland.

My contact person didn´t show, but instead I stayed in your beautiful city for a weekend.

I´m pleased to report my satisfaction. It was clean, not too big. Located well, according to my standards. Staff was excellent. Helpful. Breakfast was tasteful. We like similar foodstuff in Finland.

My special thanks goes to a receptionist, who hepled me to book return flight. Of course I would have liked to continue my stay, but My work was expecting me on Monday.

I just sent my greetings to Lord Mayor, City of Krakow. I expressed also to him my gratitude of an extraordinary pleasant stay in your city.

I felt sad to leave you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Olli-Pekka K
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The good: The hotel is very modern, and everything was very clean and nice. The staff was very accommodating, and the room which was a triple, was decent, though the sofa bed did make it a little on the small side for 3 sharing friends. However, even the sofa bed was comfortable to sleep on and it's a quick walk across the bridge to the Jewish quarters and the Old Town.

The Bad: It is on the wrong side of the river, and currently there are massive renovation/building works going on across the road which starts early in the morning. I strongly recommend the hotel to warn guests about this as one of us did not sleep well due to window being half open and noise waking him up. Also, the area around the hotel is not very nice, so don't expect Old Town loveliness. The hotel itself, as mentioned, is excellent.

The Weird: For some odd reason the lift does only do half floors, so if you have heavy luggage, you are lugging it up a few stairs.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the back of the building whilst building works are ongoing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kimsala
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed for 4 nights (the two of us). The hotel is located in a quiet part of Podgorze just south of the river and is yet only about 10 -15 walk to the old town and the Jewish quarter of Kazimierz. The staff were very polite and helpful. We booked by credit card, but were asked to pay cash which we did so. The room facilities were very clean and straight forward. The room lighting was good which is important for us since we like to read at night. There was a kitchenette with kettle and hob and a selection of cutlery and plates. (We only used the kettle and mugs). Towels are changed every 3 days. During our stay the hotel was very quiet.
We took breakfast on the last day. This was a good selection of cold buffet and cereals and fruit juice, yogurt, cheese, cold meat etc. with the option of cooked eggs / sausages. This is our first visit to Krakow and we will definitely book this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at the Aparthotel for 3 nights.
When checked in, the lady at the desk asked us to pay in cash. We refused because the website said we could pay with credit card en 2 rooms for 3 nights + breakfast is a lot of money to walk the streets with. We agreed on paying the stay with credit card and breakfast in casdh.
The rooms were very nice but the walls are somewhat thin. we could overhear other people's converstations.
The hotel is a little out of the city center and the street where it's located in is a little scary to walk in at night with 4 girls but we managed=)
Breakfast is wonderful!! Freshly baked eggs (in the way you want them: scrumbled, sunny side up...) variety of fruit, jam, chocolate sprad, cereals, cheese, ham ...

overall: good hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends