“Good, trustworthy company”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good, trustworthy company”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We hired this company for an airport transfer and a tour of Auschwitz. I found Adam's communication beforehand pretty good. We needed two car seats for the little ones and I was quite concerned that this wish would not be understood and we would be stranded at the airport. But Adam was prepared and had exactly what we asked for. We were considering going to the Salt Mines in addition to Auschwitz and Adam easily talked us in to it. I am glad he did. It is a long day, but worth it. Bart gave us a tour (he is the driver and handles everything, but doesn't actually give the tours). He is an extremely nice guy and learned english in school as all other Poles now do. He was always concerned about how the day was going and giving us a helping hand at all times. He is a great, careful driver and we enjoyed talking with him along the way. They are always on time and friendly, and they plan time in the day to make sure you are never late. I do have some advice for Adam, though. While driving, please do not work on your calendar, even if you are working on our itinerary. Most people are less concerned with having to work out details once at the hotel rather than while driving. Adam is a nice enough guy that if we had said something at the time to him, he would have stopped, though. I will recommend family to use this company.

Visited July 2014

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Overall good experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I hired a driver from this company after reading positive reviews on trip advisor. To be clear, the "private tour" is really "private transportation", not a tour of anything.

We considered pubic transportation Auschwitz, but after taking the overnight train from Prague we knew we would be exhausted, and given it was going to be a difficult day touring the camps, felt it was worth the price for a private driver. Our driver Lucas was waiting for us on the train platform we we arrived and we saw our "sign" as soon as we got off the train. He was extremely friendly and pleasant, chatting all throughout the drive to Auschwitz, pointing out landmarks and teaching us a bit about the history of Krakow. We arrived at the camp at 8am (as they opened). Lucas walked us to the gift shop and helped me purchase a small handbook about the camp, since we opted to not take a guided tour. After our time in Auschwitz, he was waiting at the pre-determined location to drive us to Birkenau. As we suspected, it was a very long and emotionally exhausting day, and we napped a bit on the way back to Krakow, and Lucas was respectfully quiet on the drive. He drove us directly to our hotel then gave us suggestions on what to do with our remaining short time in Krakow (we were departing the next afternoon).
As luck would have it, Lucas was again our driver to the airport the following day. He was prompt (to the minute) for the pickup and we had a stress free ride to the airport. I could not have been more pleased with the driving service.

The only reason I am giving the company 4 stars (rather than 5) was the communication with Adam. After quoting a price, and arranging how to pay (in $$ rather than zloty or Euro, which was actually very convenient for us - thank you), I never received a confirmatory email from Adam. I felt we were a bit "left hanging" and I wasn't 100% certain I had a confirmed booking. I emailed Adam a couple more times and even reached out to another company for the same service before eventually hearing back from Adam, confirming the booking along with an explanation of where the driver would be waiting for us at the train station. So, my main comment to Adam is to simply tighten up on the communication process to help customers feel more secure. Otherwise, extremely pleased with the service.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TravlinGal1959
Adam C, Właściciel at Auschwitz-Krakow Tours, responded to this review, 26 March 2017
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, we really apreciate this. Thank you for advice. Next time we will try to better that you rated us out of 5 stars.
Galway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We booked airport transfers and Auchwitz/Saltmines tours and were not disappointed! Friendly, knowledgeable drivers. Would highly recommend.

Thank you for your review! Hope you visit Cracow again.
Boston area
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Make your life easier”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent time in Poland and decided to hire a private driver for our excursion to Auschwitz. I am glad we did. Bart, our driver, was prompt, courteous and made sure everything was taken care of for the day. I always felt safe with his driving and the car was clean. We also used this service for our transfer to the airport the next morning with the same experience. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a car service.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JeffMA
I'm really pleased to hear that everything went well and you're happy with our service.
Thank you very much & we're looking forward to your next visit.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Plain sailing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went to Krakow in June.....we used Auschwitz-Krakow Private tours for the airport transfers and the trip to Auschwitz....I can't fault the service....They were bang on time for the airport transfers...they organised everything on the tour to Auschwitz, from the transport and times to taking us to the guide we were having...

All in all I would highly recommend them.....

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review! Hope you visit Cracow again.