“Unrivalled service in Krakow”
Review of Manzana

Manzana
Ranked #105 of 1,729 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kazimierz
Description: MANZANA, (Spanish for 'Apple') opened in November 2008. The restaurant & bar reflects our passion of authentic Mexican & New Latino cuisine & brings that passion & experience to Krakow & greater Poland gastronomic market. Manzana uses only the freshest local products available, importing only the necessary peppers & spices, to achieve the highest possible standards of Mexican & Latino flavours in Krakow. The management & multilingual staff of MANZANA take great pride in their high standards of service & their ability to provide our guests with knowledge about our menu. This combines to provide our guests with a cultural gastronomic experience which constantly strives to achieve the highest standards & the greatest value for our guests during their visits to Manzana.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have visited Manzana numerous times over the past year, both for drinks and food.

On my first visit, my friends and I were there for drinks. We were served at our table in the bar almost immediately by a very friendly, very professional lady who turned out to be the front of house manager. We were very impressed with the whole experience so decided to come back for food.

Our return a few weeks later was certainly no disappointment. We were recognised and looked after exceptionally well. The quality of the food was great. One friends had the ribs, whilst another had a tex-mex style dish. I had a steak with a blue cheese butter. It was one of the nicest steaks I have had in Poland. Well cut, well aged and cooked exactly to my taste. In Krakow, it is rare to find both quality of beef and a chef that can knows how to cook it properly. The food is prepared in an open-plan style kitchen which adds to the atmosphere.

I have been back several times since and really look forward to it, whether for drinks or food. I can think of nowhere in Krakow with service on par with Manzana.

1  Thank jmwbrodie

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go for a Mexican dinner and chose this restaurant as it was close to the place we stayed in and it had pretty good reviews.

We were a little bit disappointed as there was no chili con carne in the menu but finally we ordered chili con carne burrito and fajitas. They were really tasty and as spicy as we liked ( you can order how spicy do you want the food to be). There was plenty of food so we filled our stomachs after a long day.

We had long island ice tea and a blue margarita. Margarita was ok but not very special. We asked for a recommendation for a second drink, said that it can be with tequila but no whisky and the waitress said she would ask the bartender for recommendation. We agreed she can surprise us but we got long island ice tea which is one of the strongest and most expensive coctails. She didn't ask how strong we wanted it but I would not give long island ice tea for anybody without asking. Plus very convenient it was quite expensive.

In general I would recommend that place as the food was really nice but just to be on the safe side you should specify what you want and not follow any recommendations

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent food, good service and nice surroundings! Perfect for a night out, as the restaurant also has a bar, with the best drinks in Krakow! I always recommend this restaurant to everyone going to Krakow!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Veggie Burrito with sweet potato and beans bordered on tasteless - super disappointing. Being a big fan of Mexican food, I was unpleasantly surprised at the absolute lack of personality of all of our mains. The corn soup was sweet with no kick. Best part was the carrot cake, I'm afraid.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the Spatz Aparthotel for 10 days in May, Manzana is connected but not part of the hotel. Still, me and my friend felt so at home in the bar that we became regulars for our stay. Outstanding service, all staff were so friendly and welcoming! The drinks menu is so extensive that I hardly made a dent in it in the ten nights. But every drink was expertly crafted and delicious! I recommend the Azul Margarita (my favorite). The best bar and restaurant in Krakow without a doubt. Can't wait to return!