“Very budget”

Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto
Ranked #59 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I got in late with a prepaid room but the clerk at the desk could find no mention of it. I was then forced to pay for the room. The funny thing was, parking was also prepaid and yet she could see that it had been prepaid. I got to the room and the electrics didn't work.. at all! Back down, assigned a new room. The rooms are very very basic. In fact everything was very basic. If you don't mind the hostel like lifestyle you'll do ok.

As for the area, close to the train station. It wasn't noisy but there isn't much about. If you're up for sightseeing I'd look for something closer to the old city.

Back to the problems with billing. In the morning I was told even the parking wasn't prepaid and when I bitterly complained that this happened just recently at another Ibis (what is wrong with their systems) the parking fee got waved.. even though it was prepaid. I finally was able to get the charge for the room reversed but of course I have to eat all the fees involved. Not a nice experience.

Did I mention the Wifi was horrible.

Room Tip: Try the Ibis next door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I spent three nights in this budget accommodation and I can say nothing but it was a great choice! The adjective budget really concerns just the price because the whole service is fantastic.
The room is a bit small but definitely convenient and well organized with a modern and confortable design.
The location is strategically perfect, close to the railway station and the tram stop to the city centre, not far from the main mall and a few steps from the old town.
The only small problem for Italian people is without a doubt the breakfast, even if it's good quality they just provide salted meals,
To conclude, a very good budget hotel for a lovely city break in Poland!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I came from a hostel to stay here as I was unwell.. I just wanted a few days to relax and get better during my Euro trip. I stayed 2 nights at the nice Ibis next door, then came across to the budget Ibis for 2 more nights.
The hotel is what you expect for the price - it has all the basic features, and nice staff.
However, as I am a tourist, the TV gave me no benefit as I can't understand Polish. All I was relying on was the wifi so I could watch some TV shows and go on YouTube to kill the time. The wifi is extremely slow, I wasn't able to watch any videos, without having to let them load for an hour first. My stay was extremely boring as a result.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Australia-in-Europe
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Rooms decent, bed a little hard and interior as basic as it gets. The room was rather noisy due to traffic outside so bring your earplugs. The breakfast was ok, but nothing to write home about :D Overall it was what I paid for, a basic soulless hotel with all the minimum requirements filled.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in May. The staff were more than helpful and they spoke brilliant English. They were especially good at helping with directions and booking trips.
The rooms are basic and not very big. The room we booked had one double and one single bed in it. Our friends had a room with one double room but all the same facilities. There was a small LCD TV, a separate toilet room and a shower. We stayed as a couple but if sharing with friends could be a bit awkward as the shower is basically in the room and not separate, although the door is frosted. The room was warm and had air con. Towels are provided and the room is very clean and modern, there is no kettle but there are plenty plugs and a little table should you feel the need to bring a travel kettle.
The hotel is around 10 min walk in to the old town, it is a straight line and you cannot get lost. There is a big shopping mall opposite which has many good shops such as sports shops and designer clothes shops with a variety of places to eat.
It costs between 70/ 90 zloty to get to the airport depending on who the driver is. it costs about 15 zloty to get back from town.
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are staying a few nights but as it is basic if your staying more than 3 you may want to upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

It is what it is. Low budget, cheap modern looking, at good price.
Short walk to town square, and train/bus station across the road. Also huge shopping centre with restaurants directly opposite.
Room was small, modern but very basic with hard mattress. Room was very warm through the night with very poor air con. Staff friendly and English speaking. Overall would recommend but only as a cheap budget option.

• Stayed: May 2014