Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£50
Agoda.com
£49
Multiple ways to pay
2,303 results
All reviews train station old town shopping mall minute walk excellent location short stay air conditioning central location shower basin hairdryer mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

hotel itself its ok, extremally basic room, more like prison cell but clean and ok just for one night stopover in the middle of that great town. customer service just ok. will back again as its value for money.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Anka K
Reviewed 9 July 2020 via mobile

It might look a little out of the way, but the location is fantastic.

Just a 5/10 mins walk into the town square, and positioned right next to the Bus/Train station for easy access to the airport/Auschwitz.

The hotel is basic, but rooms are clean and bed was comfortable enough for a 2 night stay and really that's all what's needed.

It's fantastic value and unless you need all the amenities or are staying a week or more, this is all you need.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 84K
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Hi all so I'm gonna give a detailed review not just of the hotel but everything... So firstly
Location
Location was excellent, we arrived at the airport and despite slightly irratating ticket machines it was very simple to get a train from the airport to krakow glowny (4 minute walk to hotel)
The ticket cost around 12Zl ecah which is about £2.50 gbp bargain...
Right outside the hotel there is the politechnika express underground team station which will take you to the bottom of kameriz which again is 4.90 for 50 mins which is plenty of time so around 1 pound... Alternatively outside the galierie krakowsia you can get a tram for very little to close to the main square.. Despite this it is only a small walk to the city anyway... The galierie krakowsia as I mentioned is a large shopping centre ajioned to the train station which has a couple of carrefour supermarkets, big chain shops and plenty of chain restaurants.

Attractions.
The hotel has a choice of excursions including auchwitz.. I believe it was 185 zl per person around 37 pound which included travel and a tour guide and took around half a day... There may be cheaper deals in the city but was very convenient and easy to arrange via the hotel. I think they also had other excursions but only being there a few days was not enough time for everything... But as I've mentioned the station is very close if you just wanted to hop on a train. There's a great cheap attraction, an observation balloon down by the rider 55 zl each Monday to Friday with amazing views of the city. Oh and the horse and cart in the mains quare, despite being slightly pricey, I would say is something not to be missed out on

Food.
I didn't notice the restaurant to be open whilst we we there however there is a restaurant in the ibis main hotel next door and plenty around and in the city. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the city and close by. One of my favourite bars/pubs in the city was a place called bro pub with their own wide range of beers/ales and food. Very close by was a bar called polibuda. Very cheap my other half got an ameretto and coke and I got a pint of local lager came to 20 zl just over 4 pound! Another restaurant very close by was bobby burger... We both got a double burger, chips, mozzarella sticks and onion rings to share( it was a birthday celebration). 2 cokes and a beer. Came to 100zl around 20 pounds for all that! Breakfast at the hotel was basic, European style breakfast, perfect for stocking up for the day if on a budget but despite this many places close by as well if not to your taste

Room
The room itself if I'm honest would not be suitable for someone after luxury. If you've looked into the hotel you'll know its basic but for us who spent very little time in the room it was perfect... Bed was fine, shower fine, anything you could need to sleep at night. However if you wanted slightly more luxurious such as a shower in a separate room to the bedroom maybe the hotel next door may be better?
But for 3 nights for 95 quid for 2 people breakfast included what more could you want?

On a money section.
We usually take a lot of money on holiday to live the life whilst away... Now we took 500 for 3 nights 4 days... We bought 200 cigarettes back for people, we bought clothes... Souvenirs (unnecessary things) ate breakfast out most mornings, lunch out, dinners out, plenty of museums in the city and auchwitz and plenty of other food and drink during our stay and I must admit we struggled to spend that amount and could have done it I reckon on 300 fairly comfortably!
Staff very friendly and everybody speaks such amazing English despite my (failed) attempts to speak a bit of polish.
All in all great city break and highly reccomend

I hope this has helped some people out

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jamie_haviland
Przemyslaw Dzialanski, General Manager at Ibis Budget Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Dear Jamie_haviland, I am happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Przemyslaw Dzialanski

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Good location, close to the mall and transport station. 10-15min walk from old town too. Great place to stay if you're out all day site seeing. For what I payed, it is easily 5stars. Breakfast was average, we just wanted something quick in the morning though. All in all, I would 100% recommend if you're just looking for a cheap bed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Joe S

So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis budget Krakow Old Tow! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Przemyslaw Dzialanski

Reviewed 25 February 2020

Typical Ibis Budget so if you have seen one you have seen them all. If you have not yet, it is the Ryanair of hotels, no frills. This particular Ibis, however, perfect location if you (as I did) plan to take a morning flight from Cracow and need a place conveniently located between the railway station and the airport. The hotel is located right next to the station (just walk to the northern end of any platform to the tunnel and turn left - the hotel is at the exit of the tunnel) and city buses to the airport stop 100 metres from the entrance. You can also go back to the station and take a direct train to the airport. However, if Cracow is your final destination, the old town is about ten minutes walk away from the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank ford-ka-9-5

Dear ford-ka-9-5 ,
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will welcome you back to the ibis budget Kraków Old Town very soon.
Przemysław Działański