This place delivers every positive thing that reviewers have told about it. I stayed here for 6 nights, and there is no other place I would choose to stay in Krakow. Usually pictures for places end up being not quite as shown, but in this case, the apartments are even much better than shown in the pictures. The location is wonderful, it is right in the street where scenes from Schindler's List were shot, so there's quite a bit going on for good restaurants, tourist options, etc. Outside every night was beautiful live music (although I have to say I've now heard "If I were a rich man" a time too many). I had actually asked for a room with a balcony, but didn't get one. I ended up being very happy that I had a view of the street because then I could watch all of the action and hear the music at night (although if you want it quiet, the windows keep the noise out perfectly). The young people that work at reception were all so nice and so helpful. It was also so nice to have a washing machine after traveling for 3 weeks....have my own kitchen to cook and a coffee pot for coffee at the time I wanted it in the morning!
Location wise, to get to the main square takes about 15 minutes to walk, or 2 minutes to walk to the tram and it is one stop away and costs under a dollar.
My only complaints or actually just a note for improvement:
1. I was only given one large towel and it would be nice to have two provided (I did get an extra one, but just would have liked not to have to ask).
2. I know it is an apartment so there is not going to be cleaning every day. However, I think it would be nice to have a policy if a guest is going to stay a long time (like I did for 6 nights) that after every three nights that they would come in and remove the garbage, change out the towels, and provide more toilet paper. I ended up having to carry out my own garbage to reception and ask for more toilet paper. For such a nice place, that I too will say is 5 star quality, I didn't like having to do these things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying in the heart of Kazimierz, in Szeroka St, Crystal Suites blends bright interiors and individually commissioned furnishings, fabrics and artwork with modern comfort and period detail. Each of the six individually appointed apartments is named after a Rubinstein sister. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crystal Suites chez Helena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.