“Don't ever go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of IL VIZIO - CLOSED

IL VIZIO
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Don't ever go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

After a wonderfull stay in Krakow, where we visited several restaurants, our last evening we went to Il vizio. We are glad that this was the last evening and not the first. It was a big dissapointment. The orders for food were to difficult for the kitchen and the first time we get the wrong plates. There was something wrong with the order. After this mistake we waited for one our. After that four of us became what they ordered and the fith persoon was served a plate we didn't order. When four of us had finished our meal the fith mail came. It was just a pasta. After a, in our view, friendly complaint the waiter told us to pay the check and leave. At that moment the waiter became very unfriendly. Even agressif. For us there is only one conclusion. There are lot of good restaurants in Krakow. Don't ever go to Il Vizio.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Belgium
“Outstanding Sardinian meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Although the menu is limited in choices, the resulting quality is simply superb.
My Risotto was delicious and made fresh ( as it should obviously) and my wife's Carpaccio di manzo melt on the tongue good.
Main courses were also of high standard and all of this was topped off by a friendly relaxed service and passionate owner.
We will be back for more and so should you.

• Visited April 2013
The Hague, Netherlands
“Not blown away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Good comments so we went here. Yet we got disappointed for our last night in Krakau where all previous nights we were surprised with excellent food, this night we weren't. Vitello Tonato and Carpaccio starters were in fact quite good yet the vitello was sliced rather thick. The pasta next however was very disappointing. No fresh pastas used and just disappointing carbonara and sauce, non-creamy mushroom sauce... The owner was considerate though and removed a dish from the bill and served us some Grappa which was appreciated. Perhaps we were unlucky....

Visited March 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Nice Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Good food, good wine, friendly staff, fantastic botteled water :-) Recomanded! Perfect for us as we arrived late at noght, and stayed just across the square.

• Visited January 2013
Lodz, Poland
“A wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

A group of 8 of us had a wonderful meal here. We had got a taxi from the hotel where we were staying and arrived on Szeroka. We agreed on Il Vizio as we had eyes for Italian food. As soon as we entered the door, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. A mixture of Polish, Italian and English got a table sorted out for us and, admittedly, when we saw the prices on the menu, we worried what we had let ourselves in for - but we were served the best Italian food I have ever eaten in Poland and, I'd say, second only to a very nice restaurant in Venice facing Murano. We were brought plates of vegetables which had been prepared in a way I can't explain to make up for the fact that the kitchen was preparing several dishes from scratch and we would have to wait longer than it takes to reheat something from the fridge - they were delicious. I ordered a prawn risotto with saffron rice. The rice had been cooked perfectly. I also tried a medium rare steak that my friend had ordered - I don't usually eat such rare meat, but it was visibly done to perfection and sis taste incredibly good.

I find it strange that recent reviewers have said that it was disappointing. The next time I am in Krakow, I will go to this restaurant.

(I have indicated 5*'s for 'outdoor seating' as the last thing I would like to see is my review affected by 0*'s - it was February - no outdoor seating in the winter)

• Visited February 2013