“Eye-opening Trip to Krakow”

Polin Travel Guide & Genealogy - Private Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 268 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer special academically designed one day private tours to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Cracow, Kazimierz, Wieliczka Salt Mine and majority of Polish and Jewish heritage and Holocaust related sites in Poland. We specialize in private guiding and genealogy services in Poland but we also work in other fields like Christian genealogy and regular private, expert guided tours to most popular travel destinations around Cracow and Central Europe. All our guides have broad academic education and years of experience conducting tailor-made tours though Poland. We always match our best guides according to the chosen travel itinerary and the visitors background and needs. In this way we secure not only exploring the local history with professionals but also often lasting personal contact enriching the travel experience. We believe in quality, not quantity.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We found Tomasz on-line, but I had read about him in a book by Louise Steinman and was determined that he should be our guide. Our trip to Poland was eye-opening and totally changed our understanding of the place of the Jewish people in war-time Poland and in Polish history. Tomasz gave us an understanding of the fate of Polish Jews that was more on a personal level and thus more poignant and heartbreaking than the numbing generalized overview one usually receives.

He was able to put things into an historical context for us and his level of knowledge was extremly broad and deep. He is very articulate and his explanations led us to ask more questions than we would have thought we had.

We will recommend Tomasz to our friends and to anyone who reads this. Our day with him was a day well-spent.

1  Thank Susan L
in 4 reviews
"deep knowledge"
"school trip"

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have just returned from Krakow where we booked a full day tour with Thomasz which included a tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau starting in Kracow visiting the Ghetto, the Schindler’s Factory area and the Plaszow Labour Camp. This part of the tour really helped us understand the fate of Polish Jews and prepared us for the more complete experience in Auschwitz and Birkenau. We then travelled to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz Birkenau.
Thomasz picked us up in a minibus (there were 7 in our group including 4 adults and 3 boys aged 14-15). Thomasz was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English and really catered for our group answering all the questions posed in a really informative way which helped bring the information to life. Because of the way the tour was arranged we also missed the busiest time in Auschwitz and we were able to go at our own pace taking time to see what we wanted in as much detail as we needed. In Auschwitz Thomasz used a microphone system which was really helpful as we could all walk around and still hear his interpretation without having to walk by his side which enabled us to move around freely in the exhibits.
Thomasz was an excellent tour guide and having researched the various guide companies I think we received excellent value for money and had a much richer experience using Polin travel than some of the other tour operators which were less in depth and personalised. I can’t recommend Thomasz more highly to anyone visiting this fascinating city.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were 2 couples and wanted not to just visit Auschwirtz but understand how the holocust happen.
Tomamasz provided this and much more.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Tomasz did an excellent job for my family and myself in his efforts in researching my family members to give me a more complete level of knowledge and understanding about how some of them survived and how others perished. He is a wonderful guide and extremely knowledgable. I can only recommend him with glowing remarks. He took the time in advance of our tour of Sanok to research the town where my parents, brother and others in my family were born. He found the location of their home during our tour. In addition, he was able to shed light on where my uncle was killed. I did not have a definite answer on that before the trip to Sanok. He also was able to obtain for me my parent's marriage certificate and my brother's birth certificate from the authorities in Sanok, Poland. He was a delightful young man, and my wife and I enjoyed spending the day with him.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a place that all humanity must have the courage and duty to visit and with a political scientist and historian with the expertise and compassion of Tomasz Cebulski. We will be for ever grateful for his insights, understanding and depth of wisdom. He is extremely knowledgeable and provides anyone willing to walk with him the tools to combat division and hatred. You cannot leave without understanding our common responsibility to prevent genocide. Thank you Tomasz the work you do is noble and priceless, you are a modern hero.

1  Thank ShahTrip