“Truly Wonderful”

Polin Travel Guide & Genealogy - Private Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 258 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer special academically designed one day private tours to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Cracow, Kazimierz, Wieliczka Salt Mine and majority of Polish and Jewish heritage and Holocaust related sites in Poland. We specialize in private guiding and genealogy services in Poland but we also work in other fields like Christian genealogy and regular private, expert guided tours to most popular travel destinations around Cracow and Central Europe. All our guides have broad academic education and years of experience conducting tailor-made tours though Poland. We always match our best guides according to the chosen travel itinerary and the visitors background and needs. In this way we secure not only exploring the local history with professionals but also often lasting personal contact enriching the travel experience. We believe in quality, not quantity.
“Truly Wonderful”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Having read these stellar reviews of Tomasz' guide service to Auschwitz - Birkenau I will only say that the prior reviewers got it exactly right and we enjoyed the same fine level of service and attention. Our group of four was fortunate to have Tomasz to guide and educate us for two full days. On the day prior to our visit to Aushwitz we took his tour entitled "Yiddishe Adventure - Colours of Shtetl." Tomasz' commentary and explanations while driving through the Polish countryside were fascinating and informative. Visiting the types of homes, towns and synagogues in which our ancesters lived and worshipped for centuries was for us both thrilling and humbling.

• Hebrew first
South Molton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“guided visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I were taken to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau by Jerzy, whom Tomasz described as his "best guide', which I can well believe. Knowing of my particular interest in a survivor who worked in the Monowitz-Buna camp (Auschwitz 111), Jerzy included a diversion to the former site of the camp--now fields and the remnants of the old factory---before the visit to Auschwitz 1 and Birkenau, both of which were immeasurably enhanced not only by Jerzy's expert narrative, but also his respect not only for the place but equally for our own space, tactfully allowing us time to absorb as far as practicable, what we saw, within the limits of the available time.An added bonus was Jerzy's own involvement in contemporary Polish-Israeli relations, which broadened the perspective of the visit in a very interesting way. Visiting the scene of such an immense, and incomprehensible crime, especially for the first time, is inevitably a disorientating experience, and for a guide to make it even remotely tangible, as Jerzy succeeded in doing, is , i believe, a rare achievement. Consequently, I strongly recommend the services of Polin Travel to anyone who wishes, or feels obliged, to visit Auschwitz.
Ray A

2 Thank ray a
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour! One of the Best Auschwitz Tours in Poland”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had been to Auschwitz a few years ago and decided to include Krakow and Auschwitz on this years trip so I could bring my entire family 5 total 3 boys 16,18, 21. In the process of booking the tour I was looking for a company that would include retracing some of the footsteps Jewish families took on the way to Auschwitz. This company provided that experience perfectly. In my prior visit I chose another tour company, their tours were only a half day which included people that I did not know. This tour was a all day. Furthermore, I was looking for a tour that gave substancial time to allow us to explore the Birkenau camp. Most tours only offer an hour or less at Birkenau. This tour allowed us time to explore tha back of the camp where the gas chambers were located as well as the areas that were used to collect items from prisoners that was know as Kanada. Tomasz was so very good at giving us time to explore and gave detailed information that I never heard from my previous visit with the other company. In comparison the other trip was rushed and very basic. Tomasz put us in the mindset as if were were living in 1941-42 which was something I was looking for in order for my family to gain the maximum educational value from our visit. The day we toured was a very poor weather day raining most of the day. The trip was made very comfortable and informative. Despite the rain, it did not take away from the professional and informative experience. I will also add that the private nature of this tour was extremely important as it allowed the schedule to be flexible so we could spend more time in the areas that interested us and ask questions about Jewish history and the lifes of the Polish people. A goup tour would have taken a lot away from this very personal and emotional experience. We never felt rushed. I highly recomend this specific tour for those wanting to make the most out of the experience in Krakow and Auschwitz.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank mdk10002014
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guided tour on a sobering day”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I had an excellent guided tour for our day trip to the Krakow Jewish Ghetto and Auschwitz. I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dan K
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent and authentic. I would highly recommend over a canned group tour.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent a day with Tomasz' colleague Jerzy as Tomasz was working with the International Jewish Featival in Krakow. The brunt of the tour was of Auschwitz and Birkenau. Every minute of the tour was first class. Jerzy is highly educated, specializing in Israeli/Polish relations, and has extensive knowledge of the Holocaust and the intricate details of the extermination camps. As we travelled from site to site, we discussed not only the fate of the European Jews in the 40s but also current politics. The conversation was a great respite from the sadness of the reality of Auschwitz. If you are looking for personal tour of one of the darkest moments in human history, I suggest you look no further than Tomasz' services. Tomasz was also very accommodating in that my bank prevented me from withdrawing his entire payment at once. He was very understanding and swung by my hotel the next day to collect the payment. He is the kind of guy that you'd like to have a drink with and pick his brain for his knowledge. Excellent service!