Eden Hotel
US$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto(Krakow)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$78
US$74
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssalt grottojewish quarteropposite receptionlovely hotelold townscrambled eggslovely bars and restaurantskazimierz areasmall squarepacked lunchside streetrecommend this hotelreception staffcontinental breakfastgood sizesmall hoteltea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here in mid November 2013 we decided to visit Krakow for my mums 50th birthday there were 12 of us altogether and we all had an amazing experience. The hotel Eden was ideally located right in the centre of kazimierz a lovely little place with great character and helpful staff. The rooms were lovely and comfortable and the breakfast a great selection of food for all tastes. I would highly recommend a stay here, we will all be returning. Very accommodating reception staff and I myself miss the lovely cakes that were put out every morning at breakfast. A big thankyou to all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Alina M, General Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Eden, Krakow! It is always a pleasure to receive positive review and I'm glad your mother enjoyed her 50th birthday in Krakow.
I do hope to welcome you here again in the future.
Best regards.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We've just returned from a 3 night stay over New Year.
This hotel is down a quaint cobbled lane right beside the Remuh cemetery.
Check in was very smooth with English speaking staff.
We had room 314 on the first floor - as this hotel is 3 townhouses together, the receptionist was very helpful and took us to our room. We had a lovely view of the cemetery.
Our room had two single beds, a wardrobe, TV, fridge (with complimentary chocolates, wine, water and soft drinks) and bathroom with shower and hairdyer.
Breakfast was served until 11.30am on 1st January which was great for us as we'd had a late night the night before. Breakfast is served downstairs in the cellars and consisted of breads (with toaster), cheeses, meats, salad, cakes, yogurts, cereals, cold boiled eggs and a hot dish (we had eggs one day and sausages the next day). There is also tea, coffee and fruit juice. Plenty to keep you going until lunchtime.
We had maid service everyday (beds made and fresh bottled water).
There is no safe in the room but there is a safe in reception which is free to use.
There is also a common room opposite reception which has free tea/coffee and water 24 hours a day.
This hotel is in the heart of Kazimierz - turn left out of the hotel and you reach Szeroka where you can hire a tour buggy or turn right and you reach Estery where there are a lot of bars. Even though there are bars around, we never had any problem with noise (but we do take earplugs with us wherever we go). Head past Estery and you reach the main road to take you to the Old Town (15 minute walk past the castle).
This hotel was fully booked but we hardly seen any other guests - there was no mad rush at breakfast time.
After checkout you can leave your bags if you have a late pickup (like we did) and the hotel receptionist kindly kept our valuables in the safe until we left.
Overall, a fantastic hotel at a great price - we paid £60 each for 3 nights bed and breakfast over the New Year Period.
We hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Room 314 - a corner room overlooking the cemetery and road was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 6footsharon

Dear Guests,
The management and staff always appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Eden, Krakow. It is especially a pleasure to receive positive feedback and it is most gratifying to know that our work meet guest's expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards from snowy Krakow.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Just back from a trip to Krakow with my wife and youngest daughter, aged 17. Excellent experience all round with visits to Auschwitz / Birkenau and the Salt Mines (as well as lots of bars!!)

The hotel is very well located, being right in the centre of the Kaziemierz district, adjacent to a synagogue and very old Jewish cemetery. It's literally a 2 minute walk to the district market square and no more than 10-15 minutes from the main town square.

The staff are brilliant - really can't do enough for you and all speak very good English.

Rooms are fairly basic but very clean and the whole layout of the hotel is really quirky, which adds to the attractiveness - don't miss the backwards clock in reception!

Breakfast is typical East European - boiled ages, bread, chesses, cooked meats, coffee / tea / juice - lots of it too in a nice breakfast area.

There is a sauna, salt grotto and Jewish bath in the hotel too - we tried the salt grotto never having been in one before. Not sure what (if any!) the medical benefits were, but it was only 15 zloty each and a new experience, so that's always good.

Really recommend this hotel for anyone taking a short break in Krakow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OneAmongMany
Alina M, General Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for leaving such a positive review here on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed location of the horel, nice rooms and our fresh breakfast buffet.
I'm also glad that you found our staff very helpfull and attentive.

I do hope I can welcome you here again in the future. All the best to You & Your Family in New 2014 Year!
Best regards.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

One of the coolest apartments in Kraków. The room was really clean, beds comfortable, staff - very hospitable. The city itself is really amazing and you should definitely go visit. The hotel is located in a jewish quarter so if you like history, this is a place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Alina M, General Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hotel Eden on TripAdvisor.com!
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the location of our hotel and the quality of our rooms.
I look forward to welcoming you here again in the future
Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just arrived home from a 4night stay at this hotel, although away from the main town, the hotel is near the tram stop so easy to get to all the attractions. The staff were very friendly, the room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was continental style with a large selection of cheese which made me happy!
I would recommend this hotel and when I return to krakow it will be my 1st choice of where to stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison W
Alina M, General Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about Hotel Eden, Krakow! I'm very pleased to read your review and I do appreciate it. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel location convenient for your requirements and I hope to welcome you here again.
Best regards from sunny Krakow.