Fortuna Hotel
Hotels.com
US$171
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
All reviewstraditional hotelwithin easy walking distancenice hotelperfect locationold townminute walkreception staffevery morningbudget hotelbeautiful citygood sizelong weekendcomfortable bedmain squareyogurtcity centresalt mines
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I rarely give hotels 'Excellent'. But this place was truly perfect for what I expected and needed. First...follow your GPS if driving. There is a Fortuna Hotel Bis down the street. Don't stop there. It's a pain getting parked then having to move again.

The room was HUGE in comparison to most EU hotel rooms. Bathroom extremely clean and spacious. Grand old building with HUGE ceilings. But what really struck me was how well I slepts. It's rare I sleep so hard in a hotel. But with a small crack in the window, the dry heat was kept at bay, and I slumbered like a baby.

The desk seemed to be staffed by 3 individuals who where ALWAYS there. They were extremely friendly and helpful with directions, etc. We had a car so we had the pleasure of carefully navigating the tight squeeze into the carpark behind the hotel each day. But the staff was so eager to assist.

The breakfast was nice. They were not busy so the hostess seemed to want to cook you to order every morning. It felt like I was the only one in the hotel they way she took care of me.

Location-wise...its okay. After getting to know the city a bit, I may have chosen to stay on the other side of the square. But this worked for me well. This was a perfect choice for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I am recently back from a five night stay at the Fortuna.

I was booked into their single room, it was small, but certainly roomy enough. I loved the high ceilings and old worldy feel.
The room had a single bed, with comfortable linens. the comforter kept me warm and cozy.
The bathroom was modern and clean, and the water pressure was strong and came out nice and hot. After a freezing day out in the cold, a long hot shower felt wonderful and much appreciated!!!
The TV had one English station which was a British news broadcast. It continually repeated maybe 6 stories over and over and over. No problem, I wasn't in Krakow to watch tv, but I do keep it on when I'm in the room, so that station drove me crazy after awhile, and I switched to Polish tv!
Water was provided, but I did miss having a coffee pot in the room, I guess I have become spoiled, but I love a cup first thing as I wake up.

The breakfast provided was really good, and in a really pleasant breakfast room (amazing ceiling!) with a great little buffet of Polish delicacies , plus cereal, fruit and yogurt for those who prefer something light in the mornings. Excellent coffee, and a variety of teas, as I recall.
I loved trying deviled eggs and pickles for breakfast, and I liked the lard spread which was available every morning.

The whole Fortuna experience was pleasant, but I think the reason I left with such a great impression was because of the kindness of one particular staff member. Agatha.
She really was kindness defined… She went out of her way, every time I encountered her ! The first morning, as I went in for breakfast, there wasn’t an available table, and she kindly went into the room and made sure that I was seated promptly, later on that night, she ran outside in the freezing cold without a coat to see if my taxi was outside…and I could list other things she did as well, just superb.
Its not like she was trying to make me feel like a VIP (though she did) – it was more like she is just a special human being that made me feel warm inside. Very special, indeed. Fortuna Hotel should be proud to have her represent them.

I highly recommend Fortuna Hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank nellynel
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is an old hotel and original flooring dating back hundreds of years, very tall tall ceilings. We had a corner room with windows on both sides of the streets, you can look out and people watch. They have a great breakfast, and the staff is extremely accomodating!! They were very friendly and helpful!!!! This location is wonderful for walking distance to the square, you can even take a horse carriage ride from the square back to the hotel.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HOTEL!! LOVED THIS PLACE!
THIS WAS OUR HIGHEST RATING BASED OFF OF SERVICE --- GREAT STAFF!!!!!!!

Room Tip: CORNER ROOM IS GOOD, MORE WINDOWS, FRESH AIR!! They also have a private, safe, courtyard in the back...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 21 November 2012

It's very close to Wawel, historilcal center, near to railway and bus station. Very peace and quite hotel. Rooms are very clean, beds extremly comfortable. Stuff was very helpful. You can get hair dryer, extra blankets in reception. In the hotel is also an internet. Breakfast was very tasty. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabina K
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This hotel offers good value, atmosphere and sits in a great location. Just a few blocks from the center in a quiet neighborhood, near the trams. The rooms have ample space, and the ceilings are high and the bathrooms have all the comforts you'd expect.

If you're driving your own vehicle, the hotel has free secure parking on site.

All in all, this is a good place to explore Krakow from.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the parking area (inward) can have some minor noise early in the morning because cars are moved around.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple