“Outstanding small hotel - very good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wawel Hotel

Wawel Hotel
Ranked #24 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding small hotel - very good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel was excellent value for money as well as being lovely and warm, clean and comfortable If you want to be near the square this is the place to stay. The breakfasts are delicious, the staff really helpful. We stayed in room 402, which was much bigger than rooms 404 and 405 where our family stayed. We booked our trips to Aushwitz and the salt mines at the hotel reception, and the trips were very well organised, with an extremely local pick up and drop off point.
We would definitely recommend the Wawel Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank franb10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Stjordal, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Spent 4 nights here in February, and can't really complain. Really nice hotel that was stylish and classy, and most importantly it was always spotlessly clean. The staff were polite and helpful and spoke very good English. In-room wifi worked like a charm. Our room was a little smaller than I expected, but still big enough for our needs. The breakfast was serviceable but nothing to write home about, a mixture of hot and cold meats, cereals and fruits. I LOVED the orangery on the first floor - a nice little seating area overlooking the courtyard with a free coffee machine, great way to start the day!

Overall the Wawel was great value for money, the prices were really competitive and the hotel is really central making it super easy to get around Kraków. If it were possible, I'd probably give it 4½ stars.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Crofteh
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

The hotel was excellent value and in a great location very close to krakow main square in the city centre
Easy 5 min walk to castle and cathedral both outstanding and worth a visit.
We stayed in room 206 which is very comfortable very clean and the staff were very helpful helping us plan our trips and offering advise when we needed.breakfast was very good with great selection buffet style and the hotel bar was as good value as any of the close by bars.
We are coming back to krakow to see the attractions we could not fit into a 3 night stay and will definitely stay at this hotel

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

I planned trips to Krakow, Auschwitz and the salt mine so needed to be in a local location. The location is perfect and the hotel has lots of history and character. The food and free coffee was perfect and the staff friendly. The rooms were clean and the shower brilliant. I would definitely stay again. *****

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Ryanengland007
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. I stayed for 4 nights with my family and we all agree that this hotel made our trip extra special. I could not fault any aspect of the hotel or its facilities. The spa facilities were nice and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was great. The rooms were just what we needed with great views. The staff were fantastic, very welcoming and helpful. Perfect location, right between the Main Square and Wawel Castle.This hotel provides exceptionally value for money and is highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ccworldexplorer
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

The Wawel is a nice clean hotel. Most of the staff is very pleasant. The very large room was a bit dated and had I eaten one or two more pierogi I never would have made it into the tiny but spotless shower.

Once on my floor, I had to go up and down a few steps to get to my room. Luckily, I didn't have much luggage to contend with. There was no bellmen service so had I to negotiate with my luggage.

The location is great as you are only a few blocks from Krakow's main square.

When I returned to the hotel for the evening, one of the young ladies at the desk asked me what I was doing the next day, and when I said I was taking a tour of Auschwitz from the Sheraton, she got annoyed and insisted I take the tour from the Wawel. To which I said I would not. The deskman in the morning was less then helpful. The very sweet woman who checked me in gave me wrong directions to the Jewish Quarter. Breakfast was ok.

These small but annoying problems can be overcome for the most part and as I said, the hotel is very clean and well located. It's not a bad place, just not great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MichaelBrownNR
Wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3 staff and 5 students for our trip to Auscwitz, the hotel we had viewed on line and were quite pleases with what we saw, however in real life you get to experience what the Internet cannot give you, the staff were very welcoming, the room and all of the hotels facilities were well over the 3 star grading this hotel has. The location is just right for everything you need, the rooms were exceptional, the food first class, in fact we loved this hotel so much we have booked it again, and I have no doubt we will book it again for next years 2014, Holocaust Memorial Day Trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business