“Very nice and well located hotel”
Review of Wawel Hotel

Wawel Hotel
Ranked #24 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Brussels
“Very nice and well located hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel was excellent value for money. It was spotless clean, pleasant and very quiet despite being located close to a busy street.
It is a few minutes walk from the main square and cathedral, about 10 minutes from the Wawel castle and maybe 15 minutes walk from Kazimierz.
The breakfast, while not oppulent, was delicious, refilled everytime something was almost finished, had local products.
Wifi free of charge was a nice touch and it worked without any problems?

The only less positive thing is that you have to pay for the jacuzzi and hammam, but on the other hand, if you book it, it's all yours, no need yo share with a stranger.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabriela C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel was excellent value for money as well as being lovely and warm, clean and comfortable If you want to be near the square this is the place to stay. The breakfasts are delicious, the staff really helpful. We stayed in room 402, which was much bigger than rooms 404 and 405 where our family stayed. We booked our trips to Aushwitz and the salt mines at the hotel reception, and the trips were very well organised, with an extremely local pick up and drop off point.
We would definitely recommend the Wawel Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank franb10
Stjordal, Norway
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Spent 4 nights here in February, and can't really complain. Really nice hotel that was stylish and classy, and most importantly it was always spotlessly clean. The staff were polite and helpful and spoke very good English. In-room wifi worked like a charm. Our room was a little smaller than I expected, but still big enough for our needs. The breakfast was serviceable but nothing to write home about, a mixture of hot and cold meats, cereals and fruits. I LOVED the orangery on the first floor - a nice little seating area overlooking the courtyard with a free coffee machine, great way to start the day!

Overall the Wawel was great value for money, the prices were really competitive and the hotel is really central making it super easy to get around Kraków. If it were possible, I'd probably give it 4½ stars.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Crofteh
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

The hotel was excellent value and in a great location very close to krakow main square in the city centre
Easy 5 min walk to castle and cathedral both outstanding and worth a visit.
We stayed in room 206 which is very comfortable very clean and the staff were very helpful helping us plan our trips and offering advise when we needed.breakfast was very good with great selection buffet style and the hotel bar was as good value as any of the close by bars.
We are coming back to krakow to see the attractions we could not fit into a 3 night stay and will definitely stay at this hotel

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony K
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I planned trips to Krakow, Auschwitz and the salt mine so needed to be in a local location. The location is perfect and the hotel has lots of history and character. The food and free coffee was perfect and the staff friendly. The rooms were clean and the shower brilliant. I would definitely stay again. *****

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Ryanengland007
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. I stayed for 4 nights with my family and we all agree that this hotel made our trip extra special. I could not fault any aspect of the hotel or its facilities. The spa facilities were nice and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was great. The rooms were just what we needed with great views. The staff were fantastic, very welcoming and helpful. Perfect location, right between the Main Square and Wawel Castle.This hotel provides exceptionally value for money and is highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ccworldexplorer
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2013

The Wawel is a nice clean hotel. Most of the staff is very pleasant. The very large room was a bit dated and had I eaten one or two more pierogi I never would have made it into the tiny but spotless shower.

Once on my floor, I had to go up and down a few steps to get to my room. Luckily, I didn't have much luggage to contend with. There was no bellmen service so had I to negotiate with my luggage.

The location is great as you are only a few blocks from Krakow's main square.

When I returned to the hotel for the evening, one of the young ladies at the desk asked me what I was doing the next day, and when I said I was taking a tour of Auschwitz from the Sheraton, she got annoyed and insisted I take the tour from the Wawel. To which I said I would not. The deskman in the morning was less then helpful. The very sweet woman who checked me in gave me wrong directions to the Jewish Quarter. Breakfast was ok.

These small but annoying problems can be overcome for the most part and as I said, the hotel is very clean and well located. It's not a bad place, just not great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo