“Comfortable and welcoming. Perfect location.”
Review of Wawel Hotel

Wawel Hotel
Ranked #30 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in the hotel Wawel early april 2014. The staff are courteous and helpful. Room is a good size with a very comfortable bed. Mattress was firm but not too hard. There is a fridge in the room and a decent size flat screen tv. The ensuite is modern and spotlessly clean. Towels changed every day if you so wish.
Breakfast is self service and mainly continental. However, you can have fried or scramble eggs done if you ask and also bacon.
Free coffee is available from a machine on the first floor of the hotel.
We are definately going back next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sprond
There are newer reviews for Wawel Hotel

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed for two nights in the summer. Great hotel, friendly staff and amazing location. It was only a short walk to the main square so we couldn't have asked for much better. Rooms were a good size and the hotel was beautifully decorated. Would definitely go back on my next visit to Krakow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Froogle89
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I might of ranked this hotel higher had I had a better experience with a couple of staff. The people below me had a child that was running back and forth in the room for several hours over two days and since I was staying for a week I asked a woman on the front desk if she could ask them to be a little quieter. First she told me she would move me and it was to not as nice a room and I declined. Then she gave me a lecture on children and noise and told me she had a child too and it was hard to control and she didn't want to speak to these people and this was said to me quite rudely. She finally did call the family and after that there was no noise problem so she should have just done this without the rudeness. Most of the staff were very nice but after the incident with the woman on the desk I asked to speak to a a manager and none was present throughout the New Year period. This lead to some hostility from the restaurant manager and another staff. I never did get to speak to a manager which is a problem for this hotel.

Otherwise I liked my room, the breakfast was good and the location good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor which will be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank DohaInternational
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My sister and i went to Krakow in October 2013 for four nights,we booked the entire package through Escape to Poland and they were excellent,couldn't beat the prices and the website provided all you needed to book the holiday we booked the transfer through escape to Poland and he was waiting to greet us outside the airport he was very polite.we stayed in the hotel wawel poleska street the hotel was in a great location just off the main street so no traffic as such,was clean and tidy,the room we had was a little small and dark but very clean and comfortable.we were rarely in it so wasn't to much of an issue,breakfast was a little disappointing but was ok.
We went to Auschwitz as planned and this is an absolute must,it was very busy when we visited and would have liked to have spent more time there as the tour was a bit rushed,you can do the tour by yourselves but this restricted by times and the time of year.
Also with escape to Poland we went to Wieliczka salt mines another worth while visit,word of warning there is a lot of steps down in a very tight spiral this isn't very pleasant makes you a little dizzy!The cloth hall situated in the main square has many little stalls a little repetitive in the stuff that they sell but some lovely amber to be found at reasonable prices.There is a large modern shopping mall within walking distance i think called galleria krakowska and another down in the Jewish quarter,get a little buggy down there are plenty to choose from around the cloth hall area.
We didn't eat at our hotel once as so many restaurants to choose from,Miod Malina just up from our hotel is very nice but book as it gets very busy.Grande Grill up by the main square is great for meat eaters had amazing steak,gammon and sausage grill.Next to our hotel was Taco Mexicano where we had yet another great meal and so cheap.Also sphinx which is tucked away of the main street keep an eye for a yellow sign advertising it as it is downstairs.
Overall we had a great time and filled our days to the brim,its a clean busy place with plenty to do and see either independently or through a website such as escape to Poland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank munckinWiltshire
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at the Wawel Hotel with my husband, my sister and her hubby in December 2013, We all found the hotel to be excellent, the staff were so good, nothing was a problem, they were helpful and knowledgable and spoke very good English. The rooms were spacious, clean and warm with lovely modern en suites and excellent showers. A big plus for this Hotel has to be the location it is so close to everything and yet set in a lovely quiet little street only a 5 minute walk from the main square. If I had a negative comment it would be the breakfast room which was rather cool and dark. Breakfast was ok, nothing special but we got enough to do us. Hot water for tea/coffee was in vacuum flasks so wasn'talways piping hot and the coolness of the room didn't help, infact all warm food got cold very quickly. Having said this I would still return to this Hotel if I ever returned to Krakow.

Room Tip: Request a room on 2nd floor as lift doesn't go up any further.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited Krakow 8 - 12 December this year. I had picked the Wawel hotel after reading various reviews and I can say that we were not disappointed. Our experience from arrival to departure was first class and very enjoyable. The hotel is on a quiet street but within easy walking distance of all the main attractions in Krakow. Our room was very comfortable and well equipped.The breakfast buffet was well laid out with a mixture of hot and cold food, all of which was very tasty. The evening meal menu was varied and the food was well cooked and served by very helpful staff. The complimentary coffee in the Orangery was a very good system as you are able to meet other guests and compare notes. All the hotel staff were very helpful and would go out of their way to answer any questions. All in all we had a great stay in this hotel. It has far more atmosphere than some larger hotels and is now on our list to use again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neilcTillicoultry
Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a wonderful location in a small and calm road close to the Main marked, Wawel Castle and the old Jewish corner. The staff is polite, friendly and most helpful. The hotel has OK standard which includes nice breakfast. Stayed for 3 days with my husband and daughter (20 years). We tried some of the massasje that the hotel offers, and got almost addicted. You will have a comfortable stay for little expenses. Next time, we will definately chose Hotel Wawel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family