“Great hotel”

Ranked #24 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Suffolk, UK
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

It's always good to read so many positive reviews before you head off somewhere and I'm pleased to report that the other reviewers weren't wrong. The hotel is great. Our room was well furnished, comfortable and clean. The location is perfect - on a quiet street but still very close the main attractions.

Other positives: friendly staff, free wi-fi, onsite spa (at extra cost), great restaurants nearby.

We would definitely stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
sydney
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This hotel is terrific. The staff are very friendly, happy to help you and speak English very well. The rooms and bathroom ensuite are a good size and very comfortable. The hotel is positioned centrally in the Old Town so it is very easy to walk everywhere. Lots of shopping, eating and sightseeing options at your doorstep. Appreciated free wifi to my room too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Amsterdam
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Location excellent. Quiet street. Large rooms. Very good shower. Excellent beds. Good television with Eurosport. Very good breakfast altough you have to pay extra for good coffee. Good lighting in the rooms. Price/Quality good. Free wifi.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Garfield, NJ
Reviewed 2 August 2010

For an older building it certainly was modern inside. It had obviously been remodeled.
The service, room, and breakfast were all great. The thermostat was great and told you the temperature of the room to the degree. We thought the location of the hotel was great. just a couple of blocks from the town square on a quiet side street right across the street from an old church. And there were apparantly many good restauarants on the block judging by the crowds inside all of them. The hotel's restaurant didn't appeal to us at all. It looked very blah & sparse (more like a diner) and we didnt partake of any food there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The staff here were really great, always helpful. I arrived early (6am) as I'd been on a night train and though I knew I was too early to check in I asked if I could leave my bag. They told me that as my room was already prepared I could check in anyway, which was fantastic as I was able to have a wash and a snooze before sightseeing.
The hotel has been recently renovated and though it was not to my taste particuarly it has been quite well done. I would have preferred wooden floors to the not very attractive carpets though...
The one let down is the quality of the bedding, clean but of rather low quality.
The location is excellent though, in a quiet street at the heart of the old town. Good value for Krakow!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Yorkshire
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I booked this hotel on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews and I wasn't dissapointed. I booked the hotel some months before arrival and requested a particular room. Upon arrival we were met by the lovely Receptionist and our choice of room was ready. The room was on the 2nd floor. The room was huge. King sized bed a seperate seating area. The bathroom was spotlessly clean ith a nice sunken bath. Water was provided in the room but no kettle. There is a coffee machine in the Reception lobby but it is no longer free as other posters suggested, it is 2 zlotty. I agree with other reviewers that the only problem with the room was the pillows. The are just inadequate so we used the cushions from the sofa!

We were met at breakfast by a server asking us if we wanted hot food. We had not even sat down or looked at a menu. When we enquired what was on offer it was eggs and bacon. There is also a good selection of cold meats, cheeses etc. The breakfast was adequate, however on our third and last day at the hotel we were not asked by the waiter if we would like any eggs or bacon. We had to ask him for some coffee, and they never replenished any of the cold food so there was hardly anything to eat. It was only 9am. The waiter only seemed to collect dirty cups, plates etc - one at a time!! Maybe the chef rang in sick that day!!

We booked a sauna at the hotel and yes you do get 30mins no longer or no less. The system is on a timer. After the sauna has finished it is nice to relax on the mosaic beds that are also heated. We didn't eat in the Rocking Horse restaurant but did have a drink there. One point though - the closing time of the Rocking Horse is 11pm. At 10.30pm 6 people came in for a drink and they were told by the bar staff that they were closed. We were advise we couldn't put any drinks on our room. In my opinion the breakfast room should open up as a residents bar on an evening.

During our stay in Krakow is did nothing but rain. We found the Reception staff very helpful as they advised us that Aushwitz was closed due to the floods and recommended things to do. There is a good selection of information and maps at Reception.

Overall this hotel could do with a little tweeking but it is lovely and I would definately stay here again on my next visit when hopefully it won't rain and Auchwitz will be open!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Newmarket
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I am usually a 4 or 5 star hotel person, but I like the look and reviews of this hotel and decided to take a chance. Great choice! The hotel was lovely, the decor was beautiful, breakfast was wonderful and service was great. We had a triple room, plenty of room and a small, yet well appointed bathroom. Loved the location and amazing restaurants within a few feet to a couple of blocks from the hotel. I love to try different hotels when I visit cities, but will have to stay here on my next visit to Krakow, loved the location, hotel, value, people and decor of Wawel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends