“very nice stay, but a bit overpriced”
Review of Hotel Copernicus

Hotel Copernicus
Ranked #22 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we carefully selected this hotel as seemed to be the best choice for people searching for some discent luxury in the old town, location is great, on probably the most beautiful street of Cracow (Kanonicza), we ve been upgraded to the last floor suite which was amazing, we had a feeling we were the only guests in the hotel - it was very quiet and the restaurant empty, we would definittly come back, although they should work on their price list futher - seems a bit overpriced comparing to another top class hotels in Cracow

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dzuljet
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Copernicus Hotel from your carefully selected list of the hotels in Krakow. I am glad that we met your expectation and you enjoyed the stay.

We would be happy to welcome you and your Friends in Krakow again.

All the Copernicus Team is sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

old style hotel with great service from front desk, and fantastic room (108) we had. A short walk to the castle and main square so ideal location in old street with so much character. Mr George W Bush stayed there 2003 so good enough for him is good enough for us! We are already planning a return to this lovely city and you must book Bob's taxi for airport and planning your trips, he was excellent and good value..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind and funny opinion. Next time we choose for you Suite 103 where Mr. President stayed :)

Looking for your next visit in Krakow we are sending you our best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This was a unique hotel situated on an amazing street in Krakow. Rooms were lovely, unique and the reception area was wow. The hotel was a short walk to the main sqaure and staff were very helpful. Loved this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jag120
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Hotel.
We would be honored to welcome you at the Copernicus again during your next visit in Krakow.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here only one night but it was one, glorious night. The rooms are beautifully maintained slices of history with all of the modern amenities. The beds are lux and comfy, and the high ceilings provide a romantic and inspired ambience. We stayed in Jan. - so it was quiet. In fact, the whole city was quiet. We also ate dinner here - did one of the prix fixe options. It's pricey, but it was delicious and creative. Worth every penny. I highly recommend selecting the option with liquor pairing. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. Staying in the winter is like having the whole place to yourself. I highly recommend for a romantic getaway in Krakow, but due to it's location in old town this is great for anyone sightseeing or on business in old town.

Room Tip: We stayed in a basic room we reserved through Expedia. Had no issues. It was street front, but it...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ers1978
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

It is very nice to hear from you positive opinion, that is extremely kind of you.
Our task is to maintain a high standard and have good contact with our Guests. I am happy that you found our Team nice and friendly.

We are looking forward for your next visit in our Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in Suite 103 which has two rooms (one large bedroom with an equally large bed, secondly a living room where the sofa got turned into two beds for the kids. This arrangement worked fine for us). The hotel is very well situated down the hill from the castle and only a stroll away from the main streets. Kids enjoyed the swimming pool and steam room in the basement. Breakfast was only average. They should also create a better room service menu as difficult to find something suitable for the children. The hotel can arrange guided tours to nearby sites, we enjoyed going to the salt mines.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your opinion. We are glad that you could visit our hotel with the children, our hotel tries to be practical and comfortable, for everyone.

We will work on improving the quality of breakfast and we will try to create something tasty for children.

We are happy that you like our historical attractions in Cracow, there are so many - maybe you plan another visit in the nearest future?

Looking for welcoming you at the Copernicus again I am sending you kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Hotel Copernicus is a quaint hotel located within sight of Wawel Castle and the former residence of Pope John Paul II when he was the bishop of Krakow . It is a few minutes walk from the famed Cracovian Market Square. It's location is certainly 5 star. By European standards, the size of the room (if you are in a suite) is five star and easily accommodates a king size bed and two small children on a unique and extremely comfortable pull out couch. The only downside to the room we were in is that it does not have a shower. Instead, the room has a Jacuzzi tub with a hand held shower head. This feature makes one feel as if one were in the Middle Ages! Now, my father stayed in another room and had a nice shower. For the location alone I would give this hotel 5 stars but there are additional admirable features. The pool located below ground is one of the more unique you will see in a hotel. It is about 40 feet (13 meters) long but of a narrow width. It is heated and quite comfortable. My two young children enjoyed an evening swim before bed. The gym has three treadmills and two bike machines. There are no weights. The director of the hotel aims to please. Some of the other personnel tend to be a bit standoffish--even more so than I experienced in Austria and Frankfurt. This was a surprise because it was my first time to Poland and I read that the people were among the most friendly in Europe.

Here is my only complaint. The breakfast is not much better than the free buffets that are furnished at you standard hotel. The cost per person is 70 zlotys (approximately $23 US) and absolutely not worth the price. The quality was merely average and the preparation even worse. My sons ordered pancakes and one of them received a burnt batch! My father ordered an omelete and it arrived overcooked and brown. Additionally, he asked for ham but that never appeared. I mentioned this to the managing director and should said she would notify the chef. Frankly, she should have refunded our fee because it is frankly disgraceful for a hotel that purports to be five stars. But, perhaps I should have asked. I do not mind paying a higher than typical price for a breakfast if the quality is commensurate with the price. In this case it was not and I regret eating at the hotel. For these reasons I strongly urge you to find a different locale for breakfast.

In totality, the hotel is quality with the exception of its breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Numenor
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind and detailed opinion on Trip Advisor. I am really happy that you decided to stay at the Copernicus Hotel during your visit in Krakow.

I am glad that you generally liked our hotel. We will work on the mentioned aspects to make it 5 star as well (I did not removed the breakfast charge from your hotel bill after making sure that the eggs and pancakes were returned and prepared in the way you like it). I am sorry if I did not meet your expectation in this point.

I am really hoping that you visit Krakow in the nearest future again. I am sending you and your Family my best personal regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I spent three days at the Hotel Copernicus and we enjoyed every moment that we spent in this very fine hotel in a very old and well restored building. We reserved a suite and received an enormous room with a desk and seating area away from the bed. The room also had an enormous bathroom with a large walk-in shower. Our suite was decorated with period antiques and it was very attractive. The linens and towels were excellent and our king-size bed was very comfortable. Our room was on the bottom floor, just above the street level and it was very quiet, which made for an excellent night's sleep every night we were there. Our room was spotless and very well cleaned. Housekeeping did an excellent job including the turn-down service. The staff at the desk was helpful on many different levels including restaurant suggestions and reservations and providing a car and driver for tours to Auschwitz as well as the salt mine. We arrived late due to a thunderstorm that disrupted travel through Warsaw. We were very hungry and they kept the kitchen open beyond normal hours in order to serve us a wonderful dinner. Breakfast was excellent with a large buffet to go along with eggs, omelets, or pancakes that were cooked to order.

The Hotel Copernicus is a member of the Relais & Chateaux, which is a brand of upscale establishments of inns and small hotels. We always enjoy the intimacy and charm that they exude. I am a 5C member and I was very impressed with this hotel. It is clearly one of the better hotels in the Relais & Chateaux associated properties. I would certainly recommend this very fine, very comfortable, and very professionally run hotel to anyone who is visiting Krakow. This hotel is in a very special location in Krakow, close to the Wawel Castle as well as the Historic Town Center. It is a real treat and it is a very special place to stay.

Room Tip: Suite #2 was amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ase1707

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind opinion on Trip Advisor.

I am so very happy that you enjoyed the visit in our small historical hotel. You kindly mentioned details we are proud of and we like to share it with our Guests. We would be happy to welcome you as the Relais & Châteaux 5 C club member at the Copernicus in the nearest future again.

My best personal regards,