“great hotel in a great location.”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #124 of 265 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 14 March 2014

third time in this hotel we had a great room on the second floor the room was cleaned each day we were there and fresh towels daily there is a lot of choice for breakfast we would definitely stay at this hotel again it is only 10 minutes walk from the square of Krakow.

Room Tip: choose a room on the Planty side as it is further away from the trams.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Economy rooms a bit more basic than expected but the excellent location and wonderful breakfast bar/restaurant made up for it. Just don't expect to find the hotel bar easily if you're on the "cheap side". Hotel receptionists very helpful and polite also.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel. It is clean quiet and very comfortable. It is also exceptional value with one of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever had. Lots of traditional polish food. The restaurant is amazing with great food gorgeous waitresses and good beer.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is not a trendy&modern hotel, but it has a lot of history and plenty of character. The building itself is beautiful, rooms are simple but big and stylish. We have stayed here 2 times and the only negative thing I've found was the lack of AC in our room. Last we stayed was in July and it was really hot...

Staff is really excellent, hotel is in a good place right beside the Wavel castle, an easy access by car. Car park - even though a bit costly - is very secure. They also have one of the best restaurants in the city- Pod Wavelem, we highly recommend!!

No doubt we will stay here every time we come to Krakow...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from the royal hotel krakow the hotel is beautiful our room was huge we had a entrance hall huge bathroom then into a sitting room which lead into the biggest bedroom I have ever stayed in very old fashioned but fab we could open one of the windows in the room that had a little balcony and watch the lovely people of krakow go about there business the breakfast in the hotel was fab filled you for the day the restaurant is stunning food delicious huge portions very very cheap staff were very helpful and friendly would like to go back in the summer and wouldn't stay anywhere else but the fabulous royal hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linda g
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place is a dead set pearler. Where to start?

It's important you take into account that the Royal Hotel is a 3-star hotel - the rooms are very simple, but incredibly spacious. In fact, ours was enormous! The building has a real charm to it, and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Built onto the side of the Royal Hotel is Pod Wawelem - an amazing little restaurant that will take you back in time to the 1920s. Normally I like to get around to a few different restaurants whenever I'm in a new city, but Pod Wawelem kept me coming back! The food is incredible; big portions, brilliant taste and at next to no cost. Fantastic staff and service and the prices just blew me away. The hotel breakfast is also served in Pod Wawelem each morning.

The hotel is ideally situated - it's directly opposite the castle, an easy 5-10 minute walk to the main square, there's a tour pickup point used by most of the local tour companies right out front of the hotel, and the Wawelem tram stop is all of 10 metres from the hotel doors.

And along with all of the above, this place is cheap as chips!

I cannot recommend the Royal Hotel strongly enough, and will certainly be checking in on my next trip to beautiful Krakow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is my 4th visit to Krakow and every time I have stayed at the royal, first was about 5 years ago with a group of about 14 of us, then my room was at the main road side of the hotel, it had an amazing old world charm I loved the fact that it felt like I had been transported back in time, the room was kept spotlessly clean and the staff were wonderful, my sister had a suite and again it was like someone had pressed pause on a timeswitch but again in a good way...a year later and I revisited with family there were works going on at the hotel but again had a wonderful time fast forward to about march/April and back we came but with a different group, again we booked direct with the hotel, and this time they upgraded us to the deluxe rooms, wow these rooms are huge and decorated to a great standard, the entrance is at the rear end of the building so you sort of miss out on the amazing stairway in the main entrance but that is just a small thing, 2 huge double beds a modern well equipped bathroom again all kept spotless. Fast forward to now I am sitting in my deluxe room having come back again, once again upgraded, I cannot recommend this hotel enough, staff fantastic, rooms fantastic, breakfast typical continental but very tasty, the restaurant for evening meals is awesome, you know the food is good when there are lots of locals eating there, prices are great, there is only one thing that I feel would make the room better and that is to have tea/coffee making facilities, but this is only my opinion, the hotel is rated to 3 star and I think it is a very good 3star the price you pay for what you get is amazing, in general if you have never visited krakow before then get over here, food and drink is some of the greatest I have ever had, at prices that make a long weekend away affordable. To finish I have never posted on trip advisor before and I am doing this while still sitting in my deluxe room as I don't check out until tomorrow, but thought I should make an effort and finally share this amazing hotel. I will be back next year as I love this hotel and city. PC

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple