Perfect location, very clean, room was a little on the warm side but fans provided, superb breakfast (in a restaurant adjacent to the hotel) and very pleasant staff. I note some comments from the poor reviews and would say this:
1. If you want a quiet location don't stay 50 metres from the Main square (common sense!)
2. If you're a stag party I don't blame the hotel staff overcharging you for a broken door and kicking you out (why break the door in the first place - with a fire extinguisher!!! - and why smoke in your room when its clearly a no smoking hotel. I went outside to smoke) - the only bad thing (and its not that bad) about Krakow is weekend rowdy stag/hen parties from the UK, who only want to drink in Irish bars and eat English breakfast - if you want to do this stay at home!
3. If you're going to leave £100 in your room in a country where wages are very poor, you're crazy. Someone will probably take it.
4. It clearly states in the hotel description that some rooms don't have a lift to them - book a hotel which says "lifts to all rooms".
5. Local room tax was £3 for 4 nights stay - isn't that excessive and having read about it before travelling it wasn't a surprise.
6. Krakow is very hot in the summer so book a hotel with air con if you don't want to be hot (and read the weather forecast!). If this hotel was in Spain and without air con no-one would complain, would they? And just how much time do you want to be in your room?
7. Cucumber and pasta for breakfast? Wasn't just that but very different from UK, lots of salad and meat. You're in a different country so when in Rome..... if that's what they eat in Krakow, so be it. Stay at home if you want English breakfast (or go to Spain where there a ten thousand "English bars". Sorry about this rant but some of the comments on here are typical for English people abroad.
There's nothing wrong with this hotel and you can find places to drink and eat away from the stag parties (who make me ashamed to be from the UK).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Rezydent guarantees the best location in the very heart of Main Market Square, welcomes our Guests with cameral atmosphere and professional services. Our hotel provides leaisure and business comfort for families with children, Guests staying in Krakow for a longer period and disabled.Our friendly and professional staff will make your stay in Hotel Rezydent most exceptional.Interiors where many of the original architecture details have been retained...All rooms are fitted in tv, radio alarm clock, telephone, safe and bathroom (with shower and hairdryer). All rooms are after the general renovation. Some of them is located in the main bulding with lift access. In all rooms smoking is not allowed.The Lux/Family rooms are prepared for family stays.Comfortable rooms in the very heart of the Old Town... Here drowses spirit of the history and an atmosphere of the royal city of Krakow... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotelopia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rezydent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rezydent Krakow
- Rezydent Hotel Krakow