“Perfect choice for Krakow”

Holiday Inn Krakow City Center
Ranked #36 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As others found, this hotel does not disappoint for a Krakow city break. The location places you within walking distance of the main square , near to Wavel Castle district and near trams . The reception staff were helpful in booking transport to the Saltmines where the driver waited for us. We experienced a false alarm fire drill which demonstrated an efficient staff response.They cope well with both tourists and business travellers. A conference in the hotel did not affect the well ordered and plentiful breakfast. We enjoyed Happy hour cocktails after busy sightseeing days. We would stay in another Holiday Inn based on this experience. We found two restaurants to be good, both on Sienna which you walk on the way to the square, Kogel Mogel and opposite L'Aperitif.

Room Tip: Some rooms have baths and others showers so you need to specify.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynneE68

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The location is perfect, a short walk to the town square. The price was right for me, so I have no complaints in that area. The breakfast was free, and it was quite generous. My only complaint was a sub-par exercise room. If that is the only complaint for a four day stay, it is okay. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yossi321, Manager at Holiday Inn Krakow City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Donald G,

Thank you for your review. I would like to inform you that we have recently opened the newly built section of the hotel (85 additional rooms and large conference facilities). Also, there is a new, much larger fitness facility which is schedule to open in the upcoming week.
I hope to host you as our guest again in the near future.

Maciej Kaczmarczyk,
Resident Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Was dubious of staying in a Holiday Inn - not had good experiences but I have to say it was great. Hotel lovely and modern, clean and apart from corridors was tastefully furnished. Centrally located all aamenities you need and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Holiday Inn management if you based all your hotels on this one you will not go wrong

Room Tip: I think frontage rooms would be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 6 March 2014

After having an awful experience at another hotel I booked into the Holiday Inn and it was perfect. The room was huge and the staff were really nice. I ate both for breakfast and in their restaurant and the food was superb. It had all the amenities I needed and was only a few minutes walk from the main square. The staff on the front desk were really smart and all spoke good English. I was on the fourth floor which was so quiet. IF YOU BOOK A HOTEL IN KRAKOW BOOK THIS ONE !

Room Tip: Fourth floor is lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Luke L
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed in this lovely hotel for the weekend. All I can say is that it was a great choice.
The hotel is really centrally located walking distance to all places of interest
Staff was just great, check in was a breeze asked for lower floor no problems.
Room was very clean and spacious compared to other Krakow hotel I checked out.
Parking in Hotel was fairly cheap 40pln per day (around $14.00)
All I can say is that I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Israel H
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was there for business, but fortunately could save some time to visit the old city. The hotel is perfect for business, nice place to meet, rooms with wifi connection, restaurant and bar, and a very large choice for breakfast buffet. For tourism, it is ideally located near the old city center.

Room Tip: I had no time to try the fitness, When i will come back, I will ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FrancoisD76
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Location is 5 min walk from city center and quiet large rooms. However non-smoking rooms (and floor) smell heavily of smoke and deodorizer, carpet needs serious updating, and the bathroom need improvement with a dangerous high tub, shower heads that leak, and amenities in large self squeezing bottles which were a bit icky. Overall, Staff was great and location is nice but the 5 star claim is way off.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DVFoodie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Krakow City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear DVFoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area and found our staff to be friendly. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any shortfalls you have experienced that did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M