This has been our hotel of choice for several years in Krakow, though we had previously used Novotel Centrum. This time we stayed 9 nights from 28 august and had room 821: We paid an average of PLN 350 per night.
We like Bronowice because:
1. Rooms were modernised after Centrum’s, and we like particularly walkin shower rather than combined bath and shower
2. Tariffs are lower as its location is less central
3. Location is in the student quarter and is more Polish.
4. Closer to airport. Taxi about PLN 65. Occasional bus on route 208.
Bronowice does have some downsides. There is no single bus or tram route outside to Old Town. During our stays we have though found a number of combinations which work eg bus 173 to Jubilat and then 2 stops on tram, or bus 159 to Cichy Kaclik and tram into city centre.
The hotel has a small pool. Its staff are friendly and have made sterling efforts to improve their English. The buffet breakfast has good fishes, meats and some cheeses. Bread varies. The room can get crowded around 08.00 when the hotel is full.
The hotel has installed “ironing rooms” on 4th, 7th and 10th floors which guests can use. It would be good if these could be supplemented with clothes washing machines for those who, like us, travel light and "wear and wash" during our stay.
Krakow has excellent private sector medical services like dentistry, physiotherapy, scanning diagnosis,at prices 1/3 of London. A very good new walk in clinic has opened at the north end of Krakowska shopping mall by railway station. These services are a major reason for our regular visits to city.
Best restaurants in the centre this time (in order) were: Ancora, La Fontaine, Pod Rosa, Grodek, Illuminati and Amadeus. The last had declined in quality compared with previous visits.
We shall be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the fastest changing Novotel hotels in this part of Europe will surprise you with modern interiors, cosy bar, restaurant, kids’ area and spacious rooms (30 m2). Dedicated service guarantee comfortable stay or working conditions. We are surrounded by green areas, away from busy city centre that create tranquil walking spaces. We offer free of charge twice a day shuttle service to the heart of Krakow and bus stop can be found right next to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Accorhotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Novotel Krakow City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Krakow Bronowice Hotel Krakow
- Accor Krakow Bronowice
- Krakow Novotel