“weekend shelter”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #53 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stopped there due to snow calamity to find a shelter till I can proceed home.
Hotel is well reachable by car. Spacy rooms, friendly staff and good kitchen.
The only small disconfort I encounter was the refurnishment of the hotel foyer. But this was soon over.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank 406pavelu
Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed 11 March 2013

From the outside, this seems like an old hotel and we don't have high expectation with the rooms. However, the moment we step into our room, it make us feel very welcome and comfortable. the room is spacious with a sunset view. Although it's quite humid especially in the evening, we still enjoy ourselves very much in the room. Quiet surroundings and the food is quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teacrest
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging review and my team and I are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the spacious rooms and food. I am also pleased to let you that that Novotel Krakow City West is currently undergoing modernisation of the Public areas and we look forward to welcoming you to our newly refreshed Hotel in the near future.

Nitin Bhatia

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was a very disappointing trip. Firstly there was an issue with my booking and I was moved to another hotel the other side of the city. The problem is my office was opposite this hotel, they offered to pay for cabs but that didn't materialise.

When I did stay at the hotel I was on the 11th floor. I have stayed before in a refurbished room and that was a lot better. This one had very poor quality nylon sheets (think warm) and no air con. It was very very hot. The hotel itself has poor noise insulation on this floor and therefore a dreadful night sleep. I got up in the am to use the gym, it wasn't open at 6.45. I then tried a shower, this didn't work due to lack of water pressure on the 11th floor, so I had to make do. Breakfast was poor selection. Supposedly a 4 star, I think not, I've stayed in a lot of hotels.

The one positive praise I will give is the quality of food at dinner, this was good. But menu was very misleading on healthy options.

I complained to reception, they seemed disinterested.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room and check sound insulation if you dare risk your night sleep and ability to get...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank madridaj
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities. Due to an unforseen issue with your booking channel, we had to relocate you to another hotel, however we ensured that a manager was available to explain the situation and organise taxis both ways. Furthermore, we ensured that upon your return a manager was present to welcome you and offer VIP amenities in your room.

I have carefully noted your feedback about the quality of linen, air conditioning and breakfast selection and have taken immediate action to avoid recurrence in the future. It is only through the valuable feedback such as yours, that we can enhance our product and services and I would sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity in the near future.

Conscious that my explanation does not erase the negative experience, I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further and can be contacted on h3407-gm@accor.com

Reviewed 27 February 2013

A bit outside the center, but the hotel provides a free taxi service into town (i.e. the taxi leaves the hotel at 10am, brings you back at 3pm so you can relax a bit, then brings you back into town at 5pm, and takes you back to the hotel at 9pm). The room was actually quite roomy; the staff were very friendly, i.e. happy to provide toothpaste, slippers, etc., when the airline lost my luggage; the pool was a bit on the small side but usually deserted so made for a nice place to unwind in the middle of the day; though I'm sure that the tap water in Poland is drinkable, there was a water cooler on every floor. The bus to/from the airport stops just down the block (the 192, I think), the same bus takes you into town if you miss the hotel's taxi, but requires a change to a tram to get downtown. Overall, I'd definitely return, and for $52/night, their prices can't be beat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank m s
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am delighted that you were satisfied with the services and product at Novotel Krakow City West.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed here for one night mid-February. The staff, rooms and breakfast were what I expect from a Novotel insomuch as they were professional, comfortable and tasty (in that order!). The bar area was very small, but I imagine most people wanting to visit Krakow do so to see the old town rather than hang out in their hotel. For sightseeing, the hotel is a little way from the old town but - when I checked prices, this Novotel was priced the same as the Ibis close to the old town. I don't know if this is the usual situation. For what it's worth, we stayed the following night in the Radisson Park Inn, which is also supposedly a 4* hotel and the standard was nowhere close to what we had at the Novotel.

Would i stay here again? Yes, I think even if I were being a tourist, I'd stay at this Novotel as it's quite calm.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Nitin B, Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay at Novotel Krakow City West.
It's always nice to read positive comments from guests who did enjoy this place.
I am glad that you were happy with your stay and will share your comments with my team.
I have pleasure to inform you that in the next month, we begin the first stage of modernization, which aims to modernize the interior of the hotel and, including bar to enlarge the space. Novotel changes for the convenience and comfort of our guests. Warm invite you to visit us again. Nitin Bhatia - General Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights, for business. Typical hotel with the same issues every time - not enough hangers, room cleaning as they want, not you, poor bath towels, etc.
But anyway overall feeling and rating is ok, somewhere between "average" and "very good" based on TA scale.
The biggest issue of the hotel is that it's based far away from the center and you always need a taxi, which costs between 20-30 zloty (5-8 euro).
The service in the hotel is ok.
I suppose that in this area this is good place to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vereshchagin
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Guest,
Always with great attention I follow the opinions of our guests on the website.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured I have investigated your complaint and the necessary steps have been already taken to avoid such situation in the future.
Let me just shortly explain that even the hotel is not located in the city center for the convenience of our guests we offer a complimentary Shuttle Bus transfers 4 times a day. Then you can go to the Old Town and back without additional fee.
I am sorry that above information did not reach you.
Otherwise I thank you for positive comments and recomendation. I have shared them with the team. Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
I am appreciate for choosing Novotel Kraków City West and we look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Nitin Bhatia, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have visited Krakow around 25 times and have now stayed often at this hotel (as well as the other Novotel at Centrum). This time we were there for 5 nights at end of January.

From the moment we arrived we were recognised and welcomed as regular returning guests, and this continued in the breakfast room, swimming pool and generally in the hotel. Off season in January, prices are much reduced and we decided to treat ourselves to the two-room suite which cost just PLN 250 (about £55) per night - less than we pay for an ordinary room in busier times.

The extra space, two sleeping areas, two toilets, separate walk in shower were some of the advantages.

The breakfast in the hotel is buffet style. We like the selection of cheeses, meats (eg poultry ham), juices, breads. There is a cooked option but that is not what we go for.

The swimming pool is small (about 10m) and is due - we understand - for renovation. However we were able to use it everyday.

The hotel is located on a busy road into the city centre, and in the university accommodation district. So lots of young people around. There is no single public transport route into the old town. The best combinations we found this time were bus 173 to Jubilat and trams 1, 2 or 6 OR bus 501 to Nowy Kleparz and tram 18 or 19. A 7 day ticket costs kists PLN 48 (about £10) and can be bought at kiosks or the increasing number of automated machines at tram stops. The hotel has a free taxi shuttle back from the old town at 21.00 (21.30 in summer) which is worth aiming for.

During this stay 7 coach loads of Italian guests arrived for 2 nights, but for much of our visit the other guests were mainly business people.

Polish is a tough language for western Europeans to learn, but English is spoken by quite a few staff in this hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alanreynolds
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Mr Raynolds,

Thank you for taking the time to put your opinion about our Hotel.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Kraków City West.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Nitin Bhatia