“Fair for one or two nights stay”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #53 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Warsaw, Poland
“Fair for one or two nights stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Block style from the communist time but service was good and staff were friendly. The large part of hotel interior including rooms were nice and renovated providing an acceptable level of comfort and quality. As some travelers before me mentioned hotel location is quite far from the city center (10-15 minutes by taxi).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KonradKrupinski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I’ve recently stayed in for business. The hotel is going through some modernization & this made my stay less than what I expected. After 5 nights I switched to another venue.

The room was what I’d expect from Accor chain hotel. They were very nice, new furniture, clean with good size & very modern.
Food menu has very little to offer but with a good international mix. Most employees speak basic English & are friendly (as friendly as polish people can be).
The hotel is clean and has good facilities, but small and at times to crowded to use. (aka pool)
Wi-fi is free in the entire hotel but watching a YouTube video at (480p) can be a challenge – I paid for premium LAN did not feel much improvement.
I’m a gold card member with accor this place is not their best to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Booked a cheap, 5 day trip to Kracow over t'nterweb and this hotel was the one we got....like a hotel lucky dip. Pulled up to a communist block style lump and expected the worst. However, the rooms were comfortable and spotless and the staff were about the most friendly/helpful I would imagine its possible to come across. Shame its a 10 minute taxi ride to the center and the bar area wasn't finished.....but novotel staff........you were awesome :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Staff really sell this hotel which is going through some re-styling as looking a little tired. Great price for rooms which are comfortable but not spectacular. Can be noisy when get lads of busses arrive and this as impact on wifi use. Food is good but menu needs updating nod may change when new bar is opened in May. All round an Ok, clean hotel with very accommodating and friendly staff. They really make the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Nitin B, Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Guest, we very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Kraków City West.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Nitin Bhatia
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stopped there due to snow calamity to find a shelter till I can proceed home.
Hotel is well reachable by car. Spacy rooms, friendly staff and good kitchen.
The only small disconfort I encounter was the refurnishment of the hotel foyer. But this was soon over.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank 406pavelu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

From the outside, this seems like an old hotel and we don't have high expectation with the rooms. However, the moment we step into our room, it make us feel very welcome and comfortable. the room is spacious with a sunset view. Although it's quite humid especially in the evening, we still enjoy ourselves very much in the room. Quiet surroundings and the food is quite nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teacrest
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging review and my team and I are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the spacious rooms and food. I am also pleased to let you that that Novotel Krakow City West is currently undergoing modernisation of the Public areas and we look forward to welcoming you to our newly refreshed Hotel in the near future.

Sincerely

Nitin Bhatia
madrid
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was a very disappointing trip. Firstly there was an issue with my booking and I was moved to another hotel the other side of the city. The problem is my office was opposite this hotel, they offered to pay for cabs but that didn't materialise.

When I did stay at the hotel I was on the 11th floor. I have stayed before in a refurbished room and that was a lot better. This one had very poor quality nylon sheets (think warm) and no air con. It was very very hot. The hotel itself has poor noise insulation on this floor and therefore a dreadful night sleep. I got up in the am to use the gym, it wasn't open at 6.45. I then tried a shower, this didn't work due to lack of water pressure on the 11th floor, so I had to make do. Breakfast was poor selection. Supposedly a 4 star, I think not, I've stayed in a lot of hotels.

The one positive praise I will give is the quality of food at dinner, this was good. But menu was very misleading on healthy options.

I complained to reception, they seemed disinterested.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room and check sound insulation if you dare risk your night sleep and ability to get...
1 Thank madridaj
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities. Due to an unforseen issue with your booking channel, we had to relocate you to another hotel, however we ensured that a manager was available to explain the situation and organise taxis both ways. Furthermore, we ensured that upon your return a manager was present to welcome you and offer VIP amenities in your room.

I have carefully noted your feedback about the quality of linen, air conditioning and breakfast selection and have taken immediate action to avoid recurrence in the future. It is only through the valuable feedback such as yours, that we can enhance our product and services and I would sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity in the near future.

Conscious that my explanation does not erase the negative experience, I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further and can be contacted on h3407-gm@accor.com

Sincerely