“Great hotel”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #56 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as the hotel we had booked was awful. The receptionist we dealt with was fantastic, very knowledgable and friendly. We took 3 rooms on the 10th floor and they suited us just fine. There was renovation work going on when we stayed but it caused us no upset at all. It's quite a way out of the centre (3.5km) however we used the free hotel shuttle service and taxis and they were great. The breakfast was satisfactory although wouldn't like to eat it every morning unless you are big on very strong sausages and boiled eggs but there are cold alternatives such as pastries and cereals etc. the only thing I would say is that the rooms are very warm, I suppose being in the 10th floor didn't help this issue but the night times were quite uncomfortable. All in all I would stay here again and recommend for friendly, helpful service.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 22 April 2013

While hotels in Krakow are relatively affordable no matter where you stay (yes, the 5-star business hotels can be a bit pricey), the Novotel Krakow City West is an excellent value for what you get. This includes: a large, modern room that is immaculately clean; a sufficient breakfast buffet served each morning (only included in certain room rates); and friendly, knowledgeable staff who speak very good English and who are a wealth of information. The free internet is a bit slow but you can upgrade to a premium service if needed.

The location was not an issue for me. It was a nice 20-25 minute walk to the conference I was attending at Auditorium Maximus (Jagellonian University) each day. Cab rides to the main square were anywhere from $5-6 USD each way and the hotel offers a free shuttle at certain times of the day.

The Novotel Krakow City West was a good choice for my needs. I am disappointed that I didn't get an opportunity to use some of the other facilities (sauna, pool, bike rental, etc.) but I was in Krakow for a conference so these amenities were as important as overall value for a multi-night stay.

I highly recommend this hotel & the superior novation rooms.

Room Tip: The superior novation rooms are on the higher floors and are well equipped.
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Business hotel. Big spacious rooms, friendly staff. Nice and clean. The hotel is currently under renovation, and will probably just get better. A bit far from the city centre so not my first choice for a city break in Krakow. Good for larger groups.

1  Thank hajohan
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed at Novotel City West for one night - my first stay in Krakow. The hotel is a big tall square tower right next door to a smaller ibis.
A new reception area is being built and was extremely noisy when I arrived - however noisy works stop before too late and I could not here them from my twin bed room on the fifth floor.
Because of the works they are giving 20% off the restuarant and after a 20 minute walk into Krakow I did come back and dine there. The food portions were good and the carpaccio was one of the best I have ever tasted.
he hotel gave me a free map of the area and this was helpful for the walk into Krakow. Where you walk is not the best area but is safe and you pass a massive university campus where all the students are out in the evening chatting and drinking.
The walk to Krakow old town, the square, the cobbled streets, the basilica and the castle was well worth worth it as well as looking into about 100 churches that I passed!
The hotel room has a seperate toilet and seperate shower room. Small mini-bar, free tea, coffee and water. It has a desk that moves out if you need that and the free basic wi-fi (code from reception) is solid and i swhat I am writing this review with.
Sensible size flat screen TV on wall with only one english bbc channel but seems to have at least one news channel for German and French as well as a host of Polish channels. About 15 channels in total.
A nice room - what I would expect from a Novotel and friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the firework display.
1  Thank rpoynter
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here the weekend just gone with mum and 13 year old sister to visit Krakow city centre. It is easily reachable by bus from the airport. You just have to jump on the 208 bus which is hourly from the airport and ask the bus driver to tell you where to get off. There are only 2 bus services from the airport so you cannot go wrong! It is a simple process and only 4 zlotys per person each way (£1 each!). The hotel is about a 35 minute walk to the city centre but they offer a fab shuttle service which is FREE! It takes you from the hotel to the city at 10am or 5.00pm, and comes back to the hotel from the city at 3.00pm or 9.00pm. If you choose to walk, the walk is easy, down one main road and then you're in the small streets off the centre. As for the hotel, our room was clean when we arrived, cleaned everyday with fresh sheets and linen. It was quite spacious. The pool is fairly small to do lengths and sauna small but better than no facilities at all. Service at the hotel was fantastic!!! Staff speak english and are extremely helpful. Every staff member on reception was polite and accommodating. They put on day trips also which are great value for money, they include pick up from the hotel and drop off again, and do not rip you off. The prices are competitive with those on the street, except the hotel trips booked through Krakow Tours include transport. They do trips to Auschwitz, Salt Mines, Jewish History tour including the ghetto and Schindlers Factory and a general city tour. We went on 2 trips and would recommend. Great place to stay overall!

Only negative is that breakfast is the equivalent of about £13 per person so we didn't eat in the morning!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Yolo17x
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Block style from the communist time but service was good and staff were friendly. The large part of hotel interior including rooms were nice and renovated providing an acceptable level of comfort and quality. As some travelers before me mentioned hotel location is quite far from the city center (10-15 minutes by taxi).

1  Thank KonradKrupinski
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I’ve recently stayed in for business. The hotel is going through some modernization & this made my stay less than what I expected. After 5 nights I switched to another venue.

The room was what I’d expect from Accor chain hotel. They were very nice, new furniture, clean with good size & very modern.
Food menu has very little to offer but with a good international mix. Most employees speak basic English & are friendly (as friendly as polish people can be).
The hotel is clean and has good facilities, but small and at times to crowded to use. (aka pool)
Wi-fi is free in the entire hotel but watching a YouTube video at (480p) can be a challenge – I paid for premium LAN did not feel much improvement.
I’m a gold card member with accor this place is not their best to offer.