“Very good hotel”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #53 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Looks a bit old on the outside but inside it's brand new. Clean hotel with large beds. Friendly staff. Very popular among groups. Nice pool and fitness centre. Cheap taxi (3 EUR) to the Old Town. Large guarded parking.

Room Tip: The higher - the better. Rooms on the south have nicer view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gringo30
Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed 24 May 2013

It is a renovated hotel outside the center, a little bit far away if you stay several days in the town. The rooms are clean and there is enough of space even if you have a lot of luggage. The breakfast is "narrow" compared with other Novotel hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I have stayed here many times (as my previous reports will record) and this time was here from 19-22 May.

When I walked in I could hardly believe it was the hotel I knew so well. The whole front area has been stripped out and modernised in blending colours and matching furniture. The bar is now open to view. During my three days I saw lots of guests sitting and meeting in this large open area.

I was in Krakow for more dental work at Armadent, so did not spend much time in my room. I had room 716 which I chose because this grade of room has walk in shower (rather than a bath tub). Comfortable bed. I did not open the adjoining convertible settee.

Because of the dental treatment timing, I was able to have breakfast once only. The room was very busy at 07.30 and the kitchen could not keep up with the demands of the <locusts>. I could not get several items I normally have at breakfast.

Lots of business people and, I think Chinese, guests on coach parties. Latter very well behaved and disciplined.

There is a handy ironing room next to the lift on 7th floor. Useful for smartening up clothes crumpled in the suitcase

I found some extra bus connections this time. 139 outside to Plac Inwalidow, and change to tram 20 will bring you quickly into town centre. But there are other options.

I used once the 21.00 free taxi shuttle back to the hotel. The driver was one I recognised from previous stays!

I will certainly stay again

Room Tip: The rooms with walk in shower cost more but are more suitable for us older guests
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alanreynolds
Reviewed 7 May 2013

It is not the first time I was in this Novotel. Now they are renovating the reception hall but it does not change the reception efficiency - I was checked in and out quickly eventhough the receptionist working conditions are difficult...
Rooms are nice and clean; in the superior room you get bathrobe and slippers - not very common in other Novotels, at least in Poland. Breakfast with sufficient choice, You can order other types of egg dishes if You like.
The only thing I am not happy with is the price of the parking; could be lower...
Hotel is less than 4km from the Old Town Square; less than 1 hour walk or a relatively cheap taxi ride (around 20PLN during the day).
In general - one of the best Novotels I stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hotel is located 4km from the old town of Krakow, easy accessable by car, by foot or bicycle. Hotel also offers shuttle service 2x/day, which will bring you to the city centre and back.
Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was good.
Staff was very frienldy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as the hotel we had booked was awful. The receptionist we dealt with was fantastic, very knowledgable and friendly. We took 3 rooms on the 10th floor and they suited us just fine. There was renovation work going on when we stayed but it caused us no upset at all. It's quite a way out of the centre (3.5km) however we used the free hotel shuttle service and taxis and they were great. The breakfast was satisfactory although wouldn't like to eat it every morning unless you are big on very strong sausages and boiled eggs but there are cold alternatives such as pastries and cereals etc. the only thing I would say is that the rooms are very warm, I suppose being in the 10th floor didn't help this issue but the night times were quite uncomfortable. All in all I would stay here again and recommend for friendly, helpful service.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

While hotels in Krakow are relatively affordable no matter where you stay (yes, the 5-star business hotels can be a bit pricey), the Novotel Krakow City West is an excellent value for what you get. This includes: a large, modern room that is immaculately clean; a sufficient breakfast buffet served each morning (only included in certain room rates); and friendly, knowledgeable staff who speak very good English and who are a wealth of information. The free internet is a bit slow but you can upgrade to a premium service if needed.

The location was not an issue for me. It was a nice 20-25 minute walk to the conference I was attending at Auditorium Maximus (Jagellonian University) each day. Cab rides to the main square were anywhere from $5-6 USD each way and the hotel offers a free shuttle at certain times of the day.

The Novotel Krakow City West was a good choice for my needs. I am disappointed that I didn't get an opportunity to use some of the other facilities (sauna, pool, bike rental, etc.) but I was in Krakow for a conference so these amenities were as important as overall value for a multi-night stay.

I highly recommend this hotel & the superior novation rooms.

Room Tip: The superior novation rooms are on the higher floors and are well equipped.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business