It has to be said that the exterior of this hotel is one of the most drab and uninspiring I have ever seen. It looked particularly depressing in the gloomy weather of Krakow at New Year. That aside, there are many positives to this hotel which I all list below.
1. The staff. Very friendly, very kind and welcoming. Polish staff are often unhelpful and surly but not here. From the receptionist to the restaurant staff, all were very professional.
2. The decor. Inside there has obviously been a major refit. The communal areas were modern and spacious. The room itself was of a more than adequate size and well presented. The walk-in shower was particularly welcome.
3. Breakfast. The breakfast was priced at 54zl per person and I thought excellent value for money. A good selection of bread and cereal and plenty of continental breakfast items including smoked mackerel which is a favourite of mine.
4. Location (part 1). It is easy to find and very close to the motorway so little time is wasted entering and exiting the city.
1. The pool and sauna area is in desperate need of renovation. Very old style, almost communist in its bare board appearance. The sauna is also incredibly small. It could be that this will be taken care of in the next stage of the refit.
2. Location (part 2). I stayed here as friends were staying in an apartment opposite. The literature given by the hotel states that it is around a 20 min walk to town. I am a fit and healthy young man and it took me at least 30 minutes to get to the old town square so bear this in mind if you are not so energetic.
If you require a good, solid hotel with clean, modern rooms and friendly staff and you don't mind a walk or bus/taxi trip to town then this hotel is ideal and I would have no hesitation recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4-star hotel will surprise you with its contemporary interiors, a cosy bar, a library and a colourful area for kids. The hotel’s spacious, 30-metre rooms, warm colours and super-fast Wi-Fi will make sure you enjoy a comfortable stay and perfect conditions for work. Your well-being is of utmost importance for us; we are surrounded by green spaces, away from busy Old Town and above all we offer our guests free-of-charge transfers to the centre of Krakow. The public transport bus stop is right opposite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Krakow City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Krakow Bronowice Hotel Krakow
- Accor Krakow Bronowice
- Krakow Novotel