“Good Business hotel in Krakow”

Novotel Krakow Centrum
Ranked #44 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not too far from the airport and 15-20 minutes walk away from the city centre, with a nice running path by the Vistula river just across the road. Nice service, frinedly staff, good beds and wi-fi. I can only recommend. For "Excellent" rate it would have to be a bit closer to the city center, therefor I say Very Good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Agnieszka W, Deputy Manager at Novotel Krakow Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest ,

thank you very much for your recommendation and praising comment. I am pleased you appreciated our location, very convenient for guests traveling to Krakow by plane and at the same time within15 minutes walking distance to the Main Market Square.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Novotel Kraków Centrum.

Deputy Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had booked this hotel after looking through reviews and finding that it was decently priced and well located. I was a little disappointed as the only pictures I'd really looked at had been of the "executive" rooms which look like they have been modernly refurbished with Nespresso machines, iPod docks and the like... the standard rooms are much less impressive. They are clean and modern-ish and quite a bit bigger than usual rooms in this class, but still spartan and sterile (like most big chain hotels in this league). Still, this wasn't false advertising on the hotel's part - it was my fault for not reading captions on the pictures closely enough! The A/C only just barely coped with the very hot days - I had it on as low as it could go for the whole time... Wi-Fi was fast and reliable.

The review below mentions the annoyance of English language shows being semi-dubbed over in Polish. If you press "Option" on the remote control and scroll down to "Audio", on some channels you could switch between the Polish and English soundtracks. The hotel should put this in their guide book! :) I liked the fact that the TV showed digital channels and not some horrible analogue re-transmission like other hotels do. I also liked the power outlet next to my bed where I could charge my phone (it's the small things that count sometimes!)

The hotel is opposite the river and about a 15 minute walk from the market square, and is close to other restaurants and a stone's throw from the castle. There is a main road to cross but it's really no issue - there's an underpass about 20 metres down from the corner - no great effort really!

I arrived before check-in time and was promised a room with a view. When I arrived back in the afternoon I was very disappointed to find that the room had been given away, and I was given a room with a view of a petrol station. I was told to check the next day if any rooms were free which I did, and luckily there were. The view of the river and the castle was very nice. Apparently all of the "upgraded" rooms have a view, and a couple of the standard ones do. I asked about the Wieliczka salt mine and they told me the tour had already gone for the day - don't take the tours from the hotels, they are a rip-off, same goes for Auschwitz. For Wieliczka, the bus stop is about a 2 minute walk (they did tell me this when I said I wanted to get there myself!), and you have to take a guided tour when you get there anyway!

Nice clean hotel with very friendly staff, but next time I would either pay for an upgrade or stay at the Ibis as the rooms there look pretty similar to the standard ones (probably just a lot smaller but I travel alone most of the time anyway!)

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the "Executive" rooms, or ask for a standard one with a view if they hav...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hellofish
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in July in a standard room with 2 double beds. Room was very basic, beds were low to the ground and very firm but not uncomfortable. Room contained a mini-fridge stocked with various beer, wine, soda and some snacks. There was an electric kettle with some instant coffee and tea. Bathroom was roomy but again, very basic. Shower was a bit uncomfortable as it was very high to get in and out and shower was a strange circular section that was part of the tub with a small shower curtain to pull only around the circular area - it was a bit uncomfortable as far as fit and where you have to stand. On the plus side at all times there was no lack of very hot water. Closet area was built in and did not have a lot of room but was sufficient for one person. If there was a family in the room there may have not been enough space for storing luggage and clothing.

My room was along the side of the building but not on the river/castle front side of the building. View was of a gas station and a drug store and apartments across the street. There was little to no outside noise from the window and overall the room was very quiet which is a definite plus. Window does have a handle but there is a sticker on it that says to contact reception should you wish to open the window. The A/C did work fine during my stay so the room was able to be kept at a comfortable temperature during some very hot days and nights in mid July.

Overall, the room met basic needs but really should be due for an upgrade. There was a chipped part of the shower and the bath had a wood floor and around the edges of the room the floorboard was a bit warped from water. There was a very strange piece of "artwork" in the room with a very ugly and strange drawing of a reclined naked figure which I felt was rather strange and inappropriate particularly given that this room with 2 double beds would be attractive to families with children. They would be much better off with more appropriate artwork in the room. There were no pictures/artwork or such over the beds and the stark white walls make the room feel a bit cold and utilitarian.

I did see good reviews of executive rooms and based on my standard room it seem an upgrade would be a very good idea if choosing to stay at the hotel.

As for location - it is a bit far from the Main Market Square. There is also a main highway type road that separates this hotel from the castle and market square and the only way to walk from the hotel to these locations is to go down some stairs and go under the road and then back up stairs on the other side. This road has NO crosswalk and it seems very dangerous to try to cross it at street level. The underpass of the road is along a nice walking and biking trail along the river Vistula and is a fine walk during the day but you will encounter some homeless people once in a while and the journey under this road at night in the dark is not ideal and feels just a bit unsafe as it is fairly dark along the river - I would very much have preferred to not be forced to make this journey using the underpass but again there really is not much of a choice due to a lack of a crossing at this main road at street level.

Last note - only 3 stations on the TV are broadcast in English (CNN, Bloomberg and a European news channel) so don't count on watching much tv. What's infuriating is that most channels are broadcasting american tv shows but they are all poorly verbally dubbed over with the English dialog still faint underneath the voice dubbing which makes watching these channels very frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trvlrfromMA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from 3 night break at this great hotel. Ideal location close to the town centre and many attractions. The room was spacious,quiet, and clean and bottles of water were supplied each day which were really appreciated in the high temperatures we had. Lovely quiet air con which was a blessing! Buffet breakfast was very good, plentiful and lots to choose from and constantly monitored by very pleasant, attentive staff.
All of the staff were very pleasant and spoke very good English. We had a problem with the shower but within minutes somebody came to sort it out. The only problem I did have was getting in and out of the over bath shower as the bath side was quite high and I am only short but I feel sure that we could have changed rooms if it had really been a problem. All in all an excellent hotel which I would gladly revisit. Well done.

Room Tip: We were on the side. Not much of a view but no traffic noise. Lets face it, you don't spend much...

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for charming comment. It serves for the best reward for our daily efforts to meet our guest expectations. I am very happy the hotel was to your liking and I will surely pass your lovely words to the entire team for them to be aware how efficiently they contribute to our guest’s satisfaction.
Thank you for your confidence in our ability to serve you. We will be delighted to assist you in your stay in Krakow and look forward to welcoming you again in the future to Novotel Krakow Centrum.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Like the other reviews, I agree that this hotel offers an awful lot for the price paid. Our room was at the back and so we didn't have a view - but we had the advantage of it being very quiet and therefore assuring us of getting a good night's sleep. And anyway, we were only ever in the room for short periods of time. Clean rooms, and the self-serve breakfast had everything you could possibly want, with the food being replenished continuously.

Location was very handy for all the main tourist attractions, and being so near to the river meant we could try out the local food on the restaurant river boats that are moored along the banks. Krakow is a beautiful city and the people are so friendly. Prices are about a third cheaper than in the UK, and the main square has a buzz and vibrancy that's there both day and night. NOTE: Wine is quite expensive compared to other drinks, but most restaurants sell Prosecco by the glass and it's a better alternative.

Had an excursion to Auschwitz too. A sobering day but so glad we went. Everyone should pay a visit here if they possibly can, even if only out of respect for all those who died. Go.

All in all, if you visit Krakow, you won't go far wrong with this hotel. Would definitely use again and recommend it to fellow travellers.

3  Thank LadyNodraj
Agnieszka W, Deputy Manager at Novotel Krakow Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the charming comment!
We feel very happy you have chosen Novotel Centrum for your stay in the beautiful city of Kraków, and proud to read we met your expectations. I am very glad our rooms were to your liking and that you have enjoyed our buffet breakfast menu with wide selection of cold and hot dishes.
Your recommendation is highly appreciated, I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of Riviera Travel Group. Lovely room and large bathroom with great shower.
Really appreciated the bottles of water put in room each day.
Breakfast had excellent choices and evening meals very reasonably priced.
Easy walk to the centre of town and the castle.

Supermarket across the road was handy for lunch supplies, soft drinks etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank scottishtraveller-7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant words. I am very happy you have chosen our hotel and that we made your journey happy experience. We are mostly happy for your praising words about the breakfast and Novo2 Longe Bar offer. Whole FB department is fully dedicated and take a special attention to every detail of each meal to make it really energizing experience.
We will be very happy to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel and enjoyed every minute. Very clean and comfortable superior room with lovely view of Wawel Castle. All staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Restaurant very good and reasonably priced and so were drinks in the bar. Krakow is well worth a visit with lots to see. Go to St Mary's Bascilica in the Market Square on the hour and see the trumpeter appear at the topmost window. Free walking tours around the Old Town and Jewish Quarter well worth your time.

Room Tip: Get a castle and river view. Tram noise not a problem to us . Stayed in room 423
1  Thank lynn s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Kraków Centrum for your stay in beautiful city of Krakow and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
With pleasure I will share your charming feedback with our Team. We are proud to read we met your expectations being at your service from check-in till check-out.

Thank you for your confidence in Novotel Krakow Centrum. We would be happy to welcome you again in the future.