“Extremely good staff. Friendly and efficient”

Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow
Ranked #25 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
East of England
“Extremely good staff. Friendly and efficient”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were staying at this hotel for a wedding party and it was excellent. Clean, spacious rooms; good public areas. Very good quality bed linen and toiletries - towels could have been bigger and fluffier for a 5* hotel. Beds comfortable and room very quiet with no road noise.

Breakfast was as you would expect in a good chain hotel. Bar food adequate but not good enough to tempt us to try the restaurant in the evening.

Position of the hotel was very good and within 5 minutes walk of the main square and castle. Free bikes for hire for hotel guests. Plentiful car parking (but check price beforehand) under the hotel. Actually a car is not needed when staying here as everything is within easy walking distance.

Staff, particularly reception staff, were charming, professional and welcoming. Top marks.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank supermummy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I chose this hotel for my first trip to Krakow since my guidebook said it was the best hotel here. I can't compare to other hotels here, but I consider this one excellent. The location is quite good. It is right across the street from a nice park, and it's only a 5-7 minute walk to the main square of the city.

The lobby is spacious and the check-in process was efficient. The room is spacious and has a very modern decor. I don't know how old the hotel is, but the room itself seems quite new--like is was redecorated very recently. The bed was two singles pushed together, moderately firm and very comfortable. The bath is faux marble and very bright. The shower worked well--good water pressure and consistent temperature.

There are two restaurants in the hotel, but I only tried the one called Solfez. That is where the breakfast buffet is held. There is a nice selection--eggs, bacon, Polish sausage, grilled tomatoes, bread and cheese and cold cuts, rolls, etc. In the evening I had a traditional Polish meal that was good. I especially enjoyed the dumplings and the dessert (cream cake).

There is no swimming pool in the spa, so I didn't visit the spa.

I'm glad I chose this hotel. I would certainly stay here again upon my return to Krakow.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OhioRon
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear Ron,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

You are right we are very close to the market square to be precise it is 360 foot steps.

I have already forward you nice comments about our super breakfast to our Executive Chef.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

With the very best regards from sunny Krakow,

Nino
madrid
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The beds were pretty uncomfortuble, old dirty carpets, in general very used and run donw. I really will not stay at this hotel any more. This hotel is good for some cheap groups, but not for business clients.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Maximilian72
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Dear Maximilian,

I am writing to you in reply to your comments regarding your last stay with us.

First off all, I would like to apologize for inconvenience you had experienced during your stay at our hotel.

I do hope that during your next visit to our city, you will give us a chance to prove you that we deliver the highest standards of Radisson Blu brand.

Thank you for taking time to share with us your remarks concerning your stay as they will help us further improve our services and bring more satisfaction to our guests.

With kindest regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Before the trip, I was touched by the positive reviews of the hotel, but at that time I found the rate was rather expensive. As we had to change our itinerary, I found from the Internet that the rate of hotel was more affordable so we had two days in this hotel. It was easy for us to go there by tram. The appearance of the hotel was not particularly impressive but what touched us was every details of customer-oriented service. Once we stepped into the room, even it was at the first floor, quiet, comfortable and everything just seemed right inviting no complain. The location was excellent facing the beautiful park. It was within a very short distance to the centre of attractions. The buffet breakfast was so good that we missed it very much when we had to move to the nearby hotel two days later as the hotel was too full. Check the rate of this hotel from time to time and you might find the rate could be within affordable range by luck. I had no hesitate to recommend this hotel to you and I will try in the future of this chain hotel.

Room Tip: Check the rate from time to time.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Amy,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

There is no bigger reward for our work than the appreciation of satisfied guest. And with so nice comments from you, even make us work harder, to keep our promise.

On behalf of our Breakfast Team, we are already now looking forward to welcome you back.

With the very best regards from sunny Krakow,

Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel from June 15th through the 19th in room 124. I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was modern and clean. All the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The concierge helped me on several occasions by giving me directions and getting a cab. All the hotel staff I had contact with spoke English which is very helpful.

The hotel is very close to the Market Square and the Wawel Castle. There are many places to eat and shop nearby. It seems many of the restaurants have at least one person who speaks English. I learned how to say in Polish that I cannot speak Polish and used this phrase when I entered a restaurant. If you wrote the phrase in English it would look something like this: Nia movia po pole sku.

I did not have any problems with anyone and there are plenty of police around to make you feel safe.

Thank you to all the hotel staff for making my first stay in Poland a pleasant one.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Dear Dan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in our wonderful city of Krakow.
It was very nice to read that my colleagues could help you on several occasions.

I will definitely share your comments with the staff during our next staff meeting.

I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to Krakow,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2011

As well as being very central and close to the main square the hotel itself was excellently maintained. The business class room was very large with nice additional complimentary services. Staff very helpful and the buffet breakfast had a great selection.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jamser89
Dear jamser89,

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

I would be more than delighted to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to Krakow,

San Francisco
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was a great hotel. Modern and clean. Had a lot of amenities. In fact, for 6 nights I didn't use them all.

The bed was comfortable, and the room had a sofa and desk. Free WIFI and good buffet breakfast. Room service was 24/7, but the menu was limited. (For instance, there was just one sandwich available before 11PM). The windows opened wide for nice circulation.

Now for the negatives... checkout was slow. They pull out a folder and calculate your statement from all the receipts they have. And the hotel was costly. Although the hotel was in Poland, the prices rivaled Western hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to minimize noise
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Travels-From-SF
Dear Travels-From-SF,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

I would like to apologize for the slow check out and I hope during your next visit to our city, you will give us a chance to prove you that we deliver the highest standards of Radisson Blu brand.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel and to the wonderful city of Krakow,