“An "o.k." place for your ordinary business trip”

Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow
Ranked #24 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have arrived after a strange and extraordinary long flight through awkward wheather and incl. 2 flight cancellations. Beside the good taxi service the reception at 1:30AM was not well instructed, registration took ages. Concierge service on document printing was, room delivery got forgotten.
Breakfast delivery on very early departure day got forgotten. Facit = mediocre but clean hotel with little ambience and no extras. Hence, o.k. for regular but not extraordinary trips.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2011

As a very frequent traveler, this hotel reminded me that no matter what the facilities, it is the Service Always Counts and with the 3 rooms taken this month in the Radisson Krakow I have surprised myself to conclude that the service from the complex arrangements of room folios, and billing and the concierge efforts to always accommodate our every requirement with the impeccable Housekeeping, laundry & F& B staff, has proven by far, till date the priority was the only one that left a true impression on myself as to the level of the hospitalities team. Their politeness, efficiency and willingness to support the guests requirements are par excellence.

All this was experienced even, during what I understand was a very high occupancy, which tells me your teams enjoyment and pride in what they do is a true testament to this season. Please be assured I not only will I be using Radisson on all future trips to Krakow, but have already made tentative bookings for a Radisson in Wiesbaden as first choice hotel. Hope the chain can compete with that of Krakow’s Radisson.

Great Room Clean and location better than the main square as quiet and 5 min walk between market square n Wawel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The hotel is located right in front of the park which gives excelent views. Our room had a street view with the tram crossing which was good too. The market square is only 400m or 5 min. pleasant walk away (by the way this is the largest square I've seen in Europe). I recommend this place very much, especially in the summertime! Wawel castle is also within walking distance.
Breakfast in the hotel was very good. Complimentary internet connection in the room is also available.
The gym/ sauna area is a bit small, but decent.
Overall, the city of Krakow is beautiful, a bit slow paced if you prefer the hectic New York or London, but it is worth visiting even for 2 days. The polish people are very happy to welcome you in their city .

Room Tip: Get park view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed at the Radisson Blu on my first ever trip to Krakow. Located very close to the market square and the Royal Castle. 5 min walk of the main town centre makes it a great location for everything.

Hotel rooms have a good size with a clean bathroom. The hotel had a good bar and a excellent Surf & Turf.

The staff in the whole hotel was very friendly and hopeful

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were staying at this hotel for a wedding party and it was excellent. Clean, spacious rooms; good public areas. Very good quality bed linen and toiletries - towels could have been bigger and fluffier for a 5* hotel. Beds comfortable and room very quiet with no road noise.

Breakfast was as you would expect in a good chain hotel. Bar food adequate but not good enough to tempt us to try the restaurant in the evening.

Position of the hotel was very good and within 5 minutes walk of the main square and castle. Free bikes for hire for hotel guests. Plentiful car parking (but check price beforehand) under the hotel. Actually a car is not needed when staying here as everything is within easy walking distance.

Staff, particularly reception staff, were charming, professional and welcoming. Top marks.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supermummy
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I chose this hotel for my first trip to Krakow since my guidebook said it was the best hotel here. I can't compare to other hotels here, but I consider this one excellent. The location is quite good. It is right across the street from a nice park, and it's only a 5-7 minute walk to the main square of the city.

The lobby is spacious and the check-in process was efficient. The room is spacious and has a very modern decor. I don't know how old the hotel is, but the room itself seems quite new--like is was redecorated very recently. The bed was two singles pushed together, moderately firm and very comfortable. The bath is faux marble and very bright. The shower worked well--good water pressure and consistent temperature.

There are two restaurants in the hotel, but I only tried the one called Solfez. That is where the breakfast buffet is held. There is a nice selection--eggs, bacon, Polish sausage, grilled tomatoes, bread and cheese and cold cuts, rolls, etc. In the evening I had a traditional Polish meal that was good. I especially enjoyed the dumplings and the dessert (cream cake).

There is no swimming pool in the spa, so I didn't visit the spa.

I'm glad I chose this hotel. I would certainly stay here again upon my return to Krakow.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhioRon
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Dear Ron,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

You are right we are very close to the market square to be precise it is 360 foot steps.

I have already forward you nice comments about our super breakfast to our Executive Chef.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

With the very best regards from sunny Krakow,

Nino
Nino D. Rosenlund

Reviewed 23 June 2011

The beds were pretty uncomfortuble, old dirty carpets, in general very used and run donw. I really will not stay at this hotel any more. This hotel is good for some cheap groups, but not for business clients.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Maximilian72
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear Maximilian,

I am writing to you in reply to your comments regarding your last stay with us.

First off all, I would like to apologize for inconvenience you had experienced during your stay at our hotel.

I do hope that during your next visit to our city, you will give us a chance to prove you that we deliver the highest standards of Radisson Blu brand.

Thank you for taking time to share with us your remarks concerning your stay as they will help us further improve our services and bring more satisfaction to our guests.

With kindest regards,