“Fantastic location for a city break”

Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow
Ranked #21 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
“Fantastic location for a city break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

The location of this hotel is excellent for shoppers and sightseers alike, it is ideally placed just beyond the city's old square, with all its shops, restaurants and atmosphere - a nice gentle (and safe) 5 minute walk through a quiet garden area. It is also very convenient to Wawel castle, which is a slightly further walk away.

All areas of the hotel, including the bedrooms, were spotlessly clean. The room was spacious and had a modern, airy feel to it, as did the bathroom. Plenty of wardrobe space and lots of fluffy towels, tea and coffee making facitlities and an ice machine at the lifts (on my floor anyway) There was TV with the usual selection of English speaking channels, but I wasn't there to watch TV!

Breakfast was self serve and even on the mornings I was a little later down, there was a good selection, well topped-up. It did say omelettes were available but when I followed the sign it led to an empty room so I never got my omelette. A small and insignificant 'complaint'. There was also a restaurant in the hotel but with so many coffee houses and restaurants nearby in the square, I didn't use it.

The staff, from the people working reception to the cleaning staff, we're very cheery and helpful and their English was superb, which was as well as sadly my Polish is next to non-exsistant.

Interestly, the hotel were encouraging customers to write tripadvisor reviews at a computer in reception for the prize of a free vodka. I chose to wait until
Now, but they are right to have such confidence in their product; the standard of comfort, cleanliness and service, alongside a fabulous location make it a 'mus' for anyone considering a good value city break to Krakow

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank ItchyFeetSyndrome
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

Our omelette station are places in the Restaurant where you were, maybe our breakfast chef was shortly in the kitchen, I wished that you would have told it to our service staff so that they could have taken your order.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

Nino D. Rosenlund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We could not have chosen a better hotel in a better location in Krakow.

The hotel is situated across the street from a huge, well maintained park and a wonderful stroll (just 2 blocks) from all kinds of shopping and an ancient square. There are drivers in Mercedes you can book for tours to Auschwitz and Bierkenau, the Polish countryside, the Jewish ghetto and other historical landmarks and locations I highly recommend you try to experience.

Our room was very nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable for both my hubby and me (how'd they do that!!!) and the bathroom was a nice size.

There is a nice restaurant off the lobby where we ate each morning. It offers a huge spread of international breakfast foods, plus a special table where you can sample traditional Polish breakfast food.

There also is a lobby bar that's very comfy with a full bar and music just loud enough so you can comfortably have a conversation. And there is a jewelry shop and a snack shop across from the front desk.

Amber from the Baltic Sea is thee "take home" prize in Krakow and you'll find it everywhere at every price point.

I'd never heard of a Radisson Blu before this stay, but I definitely recommend you try this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Highpocketsagain
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for your comments following your stay in September 2011 with us.

Customer feedback, as you can understand, is an essential tool that we use in our business to gauge the level of customer service we provide.

I am especially happy to read that we have found a new friend to our Radisson Blu Hotels around the world.

Once again, thank you for your time, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed here Feb 2012 for three nights and it was excellent. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again ourselves. The room was big, clean and comfortable and tidied every day, the towels were changed daily and soaps lotions etc refilled each day too. We ended each night in the lobby bar, which had big comfy sofas and the staff were really friendly. The food was also excellent, we had an amazing breakfast each morning and ate in Salt & Co twice and found the food really tasty and reaonably priced. It was very close to the main square making it an ideal base for sightseeing. We arranged two excursions through receiption and were picked up and dropped off from right outside the hotel. All in all, a really excellent experience.

Room Tip: we requested a smoking room with a queen bed, both of which we got.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deldool
Dear Reviewer,

I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service and help delivered by my colleagues.

There is no bigger reward for our work than the appreciation of satisfied guest. And with so nice comments from you, even make us work harder, to keep our promise.

I would be more than delighted to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

Herentals, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel sounds amazing, and looks very nice. The service however wasn't what we expected at all.
Rooms are very spacious and nice. We had the bad luck that our room was on the street side above the tram-stop. Not their fault, but still a bit annoying.
Quality of the tv is terrible.
When I asked the concierge the different options to visit Auschwitz, he gave me two, a taxi for 440 PLN, and a minibus (for a 3 hour visit) for 120 PLN/person. 3 hours aren't enough to visit the whole site. We decided to take a taxi on our own, at the station in Krakau. We paid 300 PLN, and we could visit as long as we wanted, and the taxi drove us from Auschwitz I to Birkenau.
I also asked the concierge if he had any good tips for restaurants in the neighbourhood. His reply... "No". I asked him again, couldn't believe he would just say no, but that was what he did...
I left some small change in Euro on our desk in the room, underneath some papers. When we came back, 4 euro was missing. Guess the cleaning lady provides in her own tips. When I asked the reception, they would check it out, later they told me the cleaning lady saw the money but didn't took it. What I am sure that she left, is the candy wraps on our night stand from the night before...

All and all, the accomodations were not bad, but the service was nowhere near what you would and should expect from this kind of hotel..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sven V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Dears, me and my wife stayed in Radisson Blu for 2nd time, and now we stayed 14 days during Christmas Holidays. Room was excellent, very big, shower, bath without any problems. Stuff is very friendly, reception at your full disposal 24 hours, any you need will be fulfilled in 5 minutes. Breakfast have high quality and various. Internet connection is free and always workable. Ji plan to visit Krakow in March, will choose the same hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Schwart
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thank you for the very nice review.
There is no bigger reward for our work than the appreciation of satisfied guest

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back in March to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed there with my boyfriend in February 2011 for two nights and it was excellent. I would have no qualms recommending it and would definitely stay there again. The room was big, clean and comfortable and communal areas were excellent, particularly the bar which had big comfy sofas and tvs. The food was also excellent having dined in the hotel for breakfast and one evening meal. It was very close to the main square making it an ideal base for sightseeing. We were also able to be picked up from right outside the hotel for excursions. All in all, a really excellent experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
We are already now looking forward to welcome you back to our wonderful city and of course to the Radisson Blu Hotel

Wroclaw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay, all the staff were very helpful and the room was clean and modern. Perhaps most important of all, and very rare in so many hotels even of this class, was the piece and quiet. I had a fantastic undisturbed sleep. Localization of the hotel is really good, just couple of minutes walking to the City center as from the Castle. We had booked a non-refundable room and were unable to travel when planned due to airport closure. Hotel were very understanding and moved our booking without any problem.
Drinks cost a least double what you would pay in bars and restaurants in Krakow. Price of the breakfast is very, very expensive, better take the breakfast outside, at the center you have really nice places much more cheaper

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pawel_WRO
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 9 January 2012