“Perfect position”

Ranked #22 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Oldham, England
“Perfect position”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This was a superb hotel. You know what you are getting with Radisson and this provided all that and more.

The hotel is positioned perfectly, a five minute walk from the old town market square. Even though there was quite heavy snow while we were there it was a very easy walk into town both day and night. It will also not be as noisy as the old town hotels in the height of the season.

The room was spacious and a modern, typical Radisson design.

I liked some of the little extras such as a free drink each at the bar while we were there. I had a voucher for a beer and assumed I would be given a small beer but far from it. I also thought it was a great touch to leave space in the minibar with a note to say that was for guests to store their own drinks. So many hotels these days are all about selling. They wouldn't dream of leaving space for your own drinks because they would be too anxious to sell their own at ridiculous prices. There was free internet too which should be a given these days but it isn't always.

All the staff were very helpful. I couldn't have asked for any more.

On this trip we stayed at too hotels, this one and the Hotel Bristol in Warsaw which is described as the best hotel in Poland. To be honest, I think I preferred the Radisson.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear MAW-Oldham,

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure reading it and I am happy that we made your stay special.

Thank you for the the wonderful compliment

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again here soon!

Nino D. Rosenlund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband stays at the radisson every week for buisness, whilst he is working in Krakow, I have just returned form my 21st visit to the hotel, and I will be back at the hotel next week.
the hotel is in a superb locaction, walking distance very easy to the main square.
Staff are very helpfull, and as mentioned in my title, Norbert who works on concierge, simply gives the best service he actually makes the hotel, and I feel he should be upgraded to a managerial possition, as I have not recieved better service from anyone in any hotel anywhere in the world!
the rooms are nice, very large, we always have a buisness class room, as my husband is a concierge class member of club carlson.
Breakfast buffet is very good, with plenty of choice, and again very friendly staff.
Negatives
None realy, but the only thing I would like to see is prehaps some sort of executive lounge for concierge club members, like they have at the shereton, with complimentry drinks and snacks, as i feel when you are pratically living in the hotel, this would be a nice feature!
and secondly the TVs need updating, a flat screen tv would be much better and with some more english chanels.
Also I ould love to have a cooking lesson with the chef, but everytime i ask for this it is not available, as it is only done for groups.
I have visisted all the other hotels in krakow, and for the price and location, I would higly reccomend the Radisson Blu.

Room Tip: upgrade to a buisness class room
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank aladacoop
Dear aladacoop,

It is a pleasure having you as a guest in our hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking a moment of your time and sharing the experience you have.

Thank you for the excellent comment about Norbert.

We are planing to start change the Tv's sets this year.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

bournemouth
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is a very nice business hotel ideally situated in the heart of Krakow, it's not really a tourist hotel in the sense that it lacks that real soul. Everything you'll find here is good, none excellent or unique. I sound picky and don't mean to be, but if you're looking for rustic charm then look elsewhere, if you want a 'does what it says on the tin' hotel then this is perfect.

The staff were all polite and helpful and as I said the position for access to the town was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear iron0710,

I would like to thank you for your time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you liked our locatioin

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again here soon!

With the very best regards,
Nino D. Rosenlund,
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We went to poland to spend the weekend for my husbands birthday !! I e-mailed the hotel ahead of our visit,to let them know it was my husbands birthday,the hotel very kindly upgraded us to a business class room and champagne and chocolates were put in our room, What a fantasic hotel,with great location,staff all very helpfull,used the restuarant,milk & co again all good,would definatley recommend this hotel,and we will return !!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angelahall22
Dear angelahall22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for choosing our hotel to celebrate your husbands birthday.

Your positive comments mean so much to us!

I will be delighted to welcome you back to Radisson Blu again in the nearest future.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have been using Blu Hotel in Krakow for my working visits. Generally I used both Radisson hotels but I am finding Blue more comfortable, more central placed ( 15 min walk to old centre) and work friendly. Enterior is modern and room are big for european standard. Clean and quiet, internett is good.
Stuff was very helpfull and friendly, flexible with services. I can freely recommend anybody to choose this place for stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear aligator1975 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay.
I really appreciate your positive review about our hotel and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to see you next time!

With the very bets regards,

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Conveniently located within a 5 minute walking distance of the main square. This hotel offers affordable comfort and ideal location for exploring the many areas in and around Krakow. Rooms completed to a very high standard and services exceeded our expectations. Breakfast selection fantastic with made to order options available should you wish. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking park. Don't forget to mention any special events during stay (Birthda...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesikah782
Dear Jesikah782,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.

You described just what the hotel is all about and this is for us the cherry on our daily work.

I hope your travel plans will soon take you back to Krakow.

Hope to see you soon again in the Radisson Blu Hotel

Best regards from the team

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was a lovely stay. So conveniently located too. 2 min walk from Wawel Castle, 10 mins from Jewish quarter and 5 mins from main square. Great hotel and service and particularly nice scrambled eggs. Would definitely stay again. Clean and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear Lucia9548,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and for sharing the experience with us.

It was great to read that you enjoyed our hotel and service and of course that you mentioned our great location.

Hope to see you soon back her in Krakow and of course in the Radisson Blu.