“Comfortable, Conveniently Located Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow
Ranked #24 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Cecil, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable, Conveniently Located Hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Welcome to Poland, a land that uses the same letters as English but in a combination that is completely unpronouncable. Even if I found a person who could speak English and I asked for directions, without being able to pronounce the street names, I wouldn't get anywhere. Forrtunately this hotel is a very short walk to the famous castel and the old market place.
I arrived in Krakow on time, but my baggage did not. When I registered, the receptionist took my lost baggage receipt and told me they would take care of the issue. That night they called to say the baggage would be on the next flight but no one would be available to delivery them until morning. The next morning the front desk called me with the good news that the bags had arrived and they were sending them up. In a country where a language is spoken that I have zero knowledge of, this assistance was PRICELESS.
The room was plainly decorated, but acceptable. For some reason, Poles decide to do road repairs outside hotels just before midnight. My windows were opened at the time. With some hope, I closed the windows and the raquet disappeared. Nice to have heavy duty windows at a time like that.
My only problem with this hotel was the food service. In the lounge they had an extensive drink menu which enticed me to order a Singapore Sling. When I got the drink, it did not have the red color I was expecting. So I told the barman that he had forgotten the cherry liquor. He just said they didn't have any. Why didn't he tell me that before he started making whatever it was. Also I had without a doubt the worse hamburger in existence. I know. Why go the burger route? I had already been in Europe for 10 days and was craving one, apparently a craving I should have ignored in this hotel.
I was very happy with the Auschwitz tour that they arranged and with the airport transfers. I saw where some of the other hotels were located and that made me happy about my choice of this hotel.
I was only in Krakow for a short time and did not see all the sights. If I go back, I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Monika M, Kierownik ds. gości at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 8 March 2016
Thank you for nice feedback. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 27 May 2010

The hotel is in an excellent location about 4 mins. walk from the main square and 10 minutes from the castle. It is comfortable and very clean but a bit characterless. Food is very expensive, we had breakfast in local cafes at a fraction of the price. (Similarly with drinks). There is a gym and segregated saunas. Tours to Auschwitz/salt mines etc can be arranged by the hotel. Taxi prices from/to the airport was abot 85 Zl (approx. £18).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Co Armagh
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Good location, we where able to walk to all major attractions, including the Castle and the main Square. Very friendly helpful staff all of whom spoke reasonable English. Large clean rooms, we only had breakfast in the hotel which offered an excellent choice of variety and choice. The bar area was trendy but very expensive.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Krakow
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My partner and I stayed in the Radisson Blu, Krakow last weekend. We had to book last minute as our flights were disrupted because of the Volcano in Iceland. Normally we would stay in Andel's which I would say is much better value for money compared to the Radisson. The Radisson was clean, trendy, had nice rooms and the location was convienient for getting to the Main Square by foot and the buses for Auschwitz, Salt Mines etc stopped outside the door.
The biggest issue we had was value for money, we booked the room assuming for €150 a night breakfast would be included, when we realised it wasn't we asked how much per person for buffet breakfast in each morning, 95zl in our minds was totally unreasonable. We got breakfast each morning in a very quaint, top end cafe called Camelot on Sw. Tomas for 30zl each. The prices at the bar were outrageous at the Radisson. We paid for a round in a nice bar on the Main Square 75zl for 6 people in the Radisson it was 175zl!!!!! I can't imagine how they can justify such inflation. The measures were tiny and we were convinced the spirits were watered down.
The last issue we had was that the safe in our room was broken, this only became apparent when we were leaving the hotel. Our passports, money and jewlery were stuck inside. The technician came at the last minute (we waited an hour for him to arrive) if it had been any longer we would have had problems catching our flight. He had to hammer the safe to get our possessions out. The batttery in the safe had run out according to the technician. Not Good Enough For the Price Paid. I would reccommend Andel's beside the Main Train Station. Much better value for money and if you want to pay for an additional person for breakfast it is only 25zl.
Also the room was extremely warm at night and the aircon did not have any impact.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed 4 May 2010

The Good : Hotel very clean and very well positioned. Bathrooms excellent large and excellent shower.Very courteous and pleasant staff . Breakfast excellent - lots of choice.Liked the bar and staff - though a bit pricey.
The Bad: Dinner in the resataurant (NOT The BUFFET NIGHTS) really bad and very expensive. Seems to be trying for an Asian influence. No vegetables to speak of. Most local people seem to know about the poor food here.Did not try the buffet nights but undersatnd they are a lot better. Beds quite hard.Concierge didn't seem to know about any particular restauarants and didn't know the price of a taxi to the Jewish quarter. A taxi we ordered did not turn up but to be fair the Reception staff went out and got a taxi straight away. Smoking allowed in Reception and Bar.

Overall - Would recommend overall.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Warsaw
Reviewed 15 March 2010

You just cannot find a better location for a quality 5* chain hotel in Krakow. And service...friendly and flexible staff helped us to arrange nice trips to Wieliczka and Auschwitz. Food was also very nice- the evening buffet in the a la carte restaurant with fresh fish is worth recomendation. We will definitely stay at the Radisson again when I will be back in Krakow again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Berkshire
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I have just returned from Poland after my stay at the Radisson hotel.

Location - The hotel is very well located you walk across the road and up the street and you are in the main square, where there is a good selection of restaurants. You are 1 hours drive away from auschwitz and 30 mins from the Salt mines. The airport is a 20min drive away.

Hotel - The reception staff are very friendly and helpful check in was quick and they can help you with advising you of trips and the local transport.When I made the booking they offered if we wanted to arrange our transfers aswell which we did a taxi driver met us in a mercedes and we paid about £20 and on the return the hotel arranged this for us too. We were on room only basis but on the day we went to Auschtwitz then we knew we wouldn't be able to eat so we had breakfast at the hotel.We paid about £50 which yes it is expensive but we didnt have much choice.However they have a very good selection of fruits,cereal,bread,full english,cold meats ect.

Rooms- The rooms are very spacious we had n.o 107 which over looked the city you could have a courtyard view instead. The bathrooms are very clean and has a good power shower.There are tea.coffee making facillities and also minibar.

Trips- We went to Auschtwitz we origionally were going to do a tour which was priced at 120 PLN per person this tour was recommended by the hotel, however in the morning we were waiting in the lobby and another english couple asked if we just wanted to get a taxi and then we could just walk around at our leisure this cost 450PLN for the four of us which was much better as we didnt really want to do the Tour in the first place. You can buy headphones if you do want to have a guided tour. You can get a guide book for 4PLN.We spent 2 hours there then went to Birkenau for 1 hour the taxi driver waits for you.

Food - There is a lot of variety of restaurants we ate in a really nice one in the square called Pad kanskay really recommend. We ate the second night at Marmalada but unfortunatley I could not eat my main course as it wasn't very nice.There are so many restaurants to choose from there is a guide book in the hotel room that recommends some restaurants.It is so cheap to eat out here drinks are about the same as here though.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and also stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple