HIE Krakow is a good option if you'd like to have decent, comfortable hotel for really low price.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION - It is situated in the northern part of Krakow, close to main roads. There is large car park attached (30 PLN/24h). From the city centre you need to pay approx. 20-25 PLN for a taxi, still very low price. Bus #130 goes from the city centre (near Galeria Krakowska) and stops approx. 300 m from the hotel (print your map for the first time), cost is 3.20 PLN/30 min ticket (in the evening you can buy 15 min ticket as this is more than enough to get there).
CHECK-IN was quick and efficient. This is budget hotel, so no additional benefits or extras for Priority Club Rewards Elite status members. I have booked "1 DBL + sofa bed" room. Lobby and reception area looks good and pleasant. There is bar, restaurant, large dining room, business meeting rooms etc.
ROOM #233 was situated on the 2nd floor. I have contacted hotel earlier to advise them that "I do not need to have my sofa ready for the 3rd person" (what they confirmed), but unfortunately when I arrive there it was prepared. Unnecessary extra work for the maid... Anyway... Room was clean and fresh. It is quite basic, but comfortable and good quality. I really liked my bed, which was very comfortable.
I was advised by the Receptionist that there is no Wi-Fi Internet access in the room, despite that it was working there (not the greatest, but still OK). I think that should be changed in the future as this is standard all over the world.
I was worrying that there will be noise heard from the corridor or outside, but it was pleasant and quiet.
In the morning complimentary breakfast was served. Another surprise. I was expecting quite basic (as in UK) selection, but that was really nice. Hot and cold meals, different types of bread, fruit, cheeses etc.
I was quite happy as well with my Priority Club Rewards points which were accumulated just after two economical nights in this hotel. Overall it was definitely great value for money. Comfortable hotel for a little bit less and not too far from the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel is a comfortable 4-star hotel with friendly atmosphere, helpful staff and convenient location (5 km from the Old Town of Krakow and easy access to the airport). All the rooms are en suite, air conditioned and come with satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and tea/coffee making facilities. The Amber Restaurant serves polish and international cuisine, while at the lobby bar you can enjoy a wide range of drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. BEST WESTERN Efekt Express Krakow Hotel also has 6 meeting rooms, as well as a business centre which allows you to take care of any urgent matters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Efekt Express Krakow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Krakow Hotel Krakow
- Holiday Inn Krakow
- Krakow Holiday Inn Express
- Express Holiday Inn Krakow