“Stolen perfum and blood on pilowcase”
Review of Hotel Classic

Hotel Classic
Ranked #150 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
Dublin, Ireland
“Stolen perfum and blood on pilowcase”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Me and my husband arrived very late and we were just hoping for shower and clean bed. The shower was terrible because it doesn't have courtains or boxes around what means that the floor gets all wet and slippery. But the worst on the first day came when we went to lay down... we found a very dirty bed with snot on the duvet and blood stains on the pilow case. Right away we went to the reception and they gave us clean sheets. When we finally relaxed on the bed we noticed spider webs all over the walls around the bed. On the very next day, on the morning, I took another shower and I left a small glass of perfume on the sink, after I wore it. That was the only perfume that I brought for my 20 days trip around Europe. After a day visiting I came back to the room and my perfume wasn't there anymore. I looked everywhere, even on the bathroom floor. I know that I left my perfume on the sink because I intended to use in the evening again and it disappeared. It never happend to me.... just this month I went to 3 countries in South America and 6 in Europe and just in this hotel I had this problem. Bad things: dirty walls, dirty sheets, dust on the bedside table, internet doesn't work in the rooms, stolen stuff. Good things: reception staff, hotel own transport.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The location couldn't be better, but it's very close to some late night bars, so try and get a room at the back or take ear plugs or join the late night revelers !
Room was just big enough, extremely clean, big bathroom and just about adequately furnished, but could have benefited from more coat hangers in wardrobe and bedside lockers on both sides of bed.
Reception staff were very helpful.
The buffet breakfast had a huge choice and was well monitored to keep it replenished.
It describes itself as a budget hotel, "so it does what it says on the tin" and it does it very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alleynboy
Newtownabbey
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed two nights here based on the good reviews and its location. The hotel more than met my expectations and is in a perfect location just 5 minutes from the train station and about the same from the main square. Krakow is quite compact and you can cover the entire Old Town from this conveniently situated hotel. Excellent free WiFi coverage for every floor and good English speaking staff made us feel very welcome. There are no shortages of good bars and restaurants nearby and breakfast is reasonably varied and plentiful. The only minor thing I would point out is that its good location also means that there are always people around outside, even in the small hours of the morning so there is a bit of street noise but nothing that bothered us. Flat screen TV with English channels, fresh bottled water in the room each day and a spacious bathroom all added up for a pleasant stay. We took up the hotel's offer of an organised trip to the Salt Mines (they also do Auswitz). It was probably more expensive than finding your own tour out on the square (PLN 135) but we were picked up by private Mercedes, escorted all the way and dropped off back at the hotel in a very professional manner. All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be in the centre of things and all at extremely reasonable prices!

Room Tip: The majority of the rooms are at the front of the hotel and as such are noisier but you can always r...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank alathays
India
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Convenient location, close to most major attractions / restaurants / bars and within a 5 to 7 minute walking distance of the main market square. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were well furnished. A minor drawback was that the breakfast was almost identical everyday and if you are staying in this hotel for over a 3 day period, that can get pretty monotonous. Another setback was the very noisy bar right blow the hotel which would be open till about 6am in the mornings and sometimes neve close! So, a good uninterrupted sleep was hard to come by! Nonetheless, we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Request a room on the inner side of the hotel rather than on the side overlooking the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank janhavi309
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Good value hotel situated in Planty Park and a couple of minutes from the main square.

A friend and I have stayed here twice both times in December. Rooms are warm, comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good and plentiful. We will use this hotel on our return to Krkow.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank dixiedonkeys
wirral
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have just returned fron my seventh trip to krakow and stayed in the 3* hotel classic The hotel is in a very convinient position just inside the"planty" (park surrounding the historic old town) 7/8 mins walk from the train station and 2 mins walk to the old market square with its numerous bars and resteraunts.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms are of ample size again all spotless with clean fresh bedding and towels, the bathroom has no bath only shower but clean and fresh.
We stayed bed and breakfast and is served between the hours of 07.30 anh 10.30. There was a good choice of food mainly of the continental style.
Most of all to mention is the very helpful and friendly staff. Thank you to them for a very pleasent stay. Would deffinately reccomend.

Room Tip: 402 was good for 2 people
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank firest0rm
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago and we could not have been more pleased. The receptionists were very warm, spoke great English, and we're super helpful (directions, bus routes, restaurant recommendations, etc).

The hotel rooms were as advertised and were clean, simple, and did the trick. It was decently cold during our visit and the room heating was more than adequate to keep us comfortable.

The hotel is in a great location and is only a few minutes walk to the square and no more than a 10 minute walk from the train station. The icing on the cake was the free breakfast provided with the cost of the room. They provided a very standard polish breakfast (breads, meats, cheeses, cereal, some polish pastries, coffee, tea, and juice), which was quite satisfactory to us. As long as you don't go in expecting a huge continental breakfast, you won't be disappointed.

I definitely would stay here again--exceptional value for the money.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple