“Lovely place to see and visit at any time of year!!!”

Paszkowka Palace Hotel
Ranked #217 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been visiting this place three times already: May 2012, January 2013 and June 2013. Every time had really good experience with staff, because the service was really friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and tidy, localisation is also a pro. Not that far away from Krakow or Wadowice, which we also love to visit anytime we're close to them. It's also not that far away from Oswiecim where you can find the Auschwitz Museum. You cannot complain about food as well. Great Polish Cousine, well served. We really had a lovely holiday and i hope we'll get back there soon again. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2013

we wanted to had a wedding here after reading many positive comments and seeing palace home page. we went there to talk with them and see the place.. big time disappointment.. after one minute conversation with some lady i knew its not a place for us. we decide to eat there..and let me tell you that.. food was terrible.. red onion in my salad was very strong- old i guess. Creme Brulee its just simple pudding from shop. service was very poorly like they working there because they have too. its very smelly there- like feel like in old church. place need to be renovated. i talked with many of my friends and they had same experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Monica-Sophia J
PalacPaszkowka, Director of Sales at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Monika,
Thank you for sharing your opinion. We are sorry that you don’t like our manor kitchen. I assure you that all food ingredients are fresh, not frozen, and we do not use MSG. Our cuisine is famous for its tasty. We invite you once again to find out that our kitchen is really good.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had the misfortune of staying twice at this place. I had to attend 2 seminars in the late Summer and the following Winter at Auschwitz and found this hotel on a Polish hotel reservation website. The website was in English and booked 2 double rooms for 3 Summer nights for my assistant and our wives for the price of I believe 65.00 Euros a room. I submitted my payment information and 2 days later get the confirmation from the Polish service in Polish.

It was about 12 hour drive to get to the hotel area, late evening and my GPS could not find the place. So I telephone the hotel to ask for help. There was a young lady who answered and said she spoke English. I could tell she was not very good so I fed her the questions like "At this street make a right, correct" and she replied yes or no. 1/2 hour later I am still lost. The directions from the Polish hotel website was useless since it was in Polish and by chance come across a car accident with Police and Fire Department on the scene. I showed a nice Fireman the hotel reservation, gave him 10 Euros and followed a fire truck to the hotel. Upon arriving I found out after speaking to the young lady on the telephone besides yes/no and 3 more words, that was the only English she knew. We laughed the directions episode off, thinking I could have asked her if I was on the Earth and she would have said no.

The next 2 days and nights were fine. We stayed in the Palace and not the annex that I discovered the next morning. I took a tour of the annex and although rather new found it to be dark, musty, structural cracks on the walls, dirty pool, etc. My Wife and I stayed at the upper, front corner room and the room was quite nice although the bathroom was old. The 2nd night we ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was really good. I had the mushroom soup which was made in bread dough and baked as well as the stroganoff. My wife sampled it and wanted it for the next night.

Here's where it starts going downhill. On the 3rd day we arrive back at the hotel in the evening and discover there is a company event at the hotel with 2 huge, yellow 10 metre balloons with the company name and logo, 1 at each corner and 1 directly in front of our windows. They are brightly lit and the electric fans filling them with air are very loud. It was a hot day, there is no air conditioning so the room windows were left open and upon entering our room was confronted with dozens of insects of every variety, drawn into our room by the balloon 1 metre from our window. We go downstairs to the reception and try to speak with the young man at the reception to no avail. I also speak French and German but finally convince him to go with us to the room and he gets the idea. We go to the restaurant to eat while he fixes the problem.

There's all new people working at the restaurant and my wife orders the meals I had the night before and receives something totally different and the waiter argues with me in Polish that I am wrong. There must have been a different cook and everybody's meals were awful.

We get back to the room and the window is closed, it's hot and the room stinks of insecticide. Although he vacuumed there's still living and dying insects everywhere. I go downstairs to look for him and to tell him to turn the balloons off and he's gone, nowhere around or in sight. Why have a bright and loud balloons on at 11:00PM??

The next morning I go to the reception to complain and check out and it's like talking to a wall. No one speaks English, French or German. We try to find the owner who speaks English and he's not there either. Then I get the hotel bill and they are charging me 65.00 Euros per person instead of per night!! I'm getting really angry now, trying to explain that this is impossible and a mistake. I go to Poland often and also stay in castle hotels and would never pay 130.00 Euros for a double room in the middle of nowhere. I show him the Polish Hotel confirmation and it ends with the I guess the manager picking up the telephone and saying to me "Police, Police". The wives are starting to get scared and I wind up paying the bill.

The 2nd time at this hotel was 6 months later, again a seminar at Auschwitz. There's no decent hotels around there, just youth hostels and backpacker inns that are terrible. I going with my client and he knows that I'm a castle hotel fan and books again 3 nights at this hotel. I tell him my adventure and tell him to cancel. He does not cancel but we make a deal that I e-mail the hotel to make sure we are in the palace and if in the annex, we leave. I get the e-mail back saying that we are in the palace and when we arrive the palace is fully booked and we are in the annex.

At check out the next morning I speak to an older female manager who surprise, surprise speaks English and told her that I sent an e-mail requesting the palace. She informs me she never received it and I showed her the hotel e-mail saying that I have them reserved. She says too bad the hotel is full. Then I tell her about the 65.00 Euro per person bill and she does not believe me. I did not have the bill but I ask her to check her records and she informs me the hotel does not have them anymore.

There was never an apology from anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Finnley
PanJan53, Owner at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

We conducted a thorough analysis of all bookings in August 2012 to the effect that the above description has nothing to do with Paszkowka Palace. Guest either confused hotels or ... ?
Sincerely yours,
Jan Oleksy

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel was a palace and was converted and is just outside of Krakow (30 Minute drive). The main issue was the lack of communications. The TV's were old and not connected to cable. They only had 9 stations and most didn't work. The listed CNN station wasn't connected. All the stations that were connected had bad reception and were in Polish.

The hotel internet was very bad. There was only one place in the hotel where you could get consistent internet service, next to the front desk.

The Palace rooms need upgrading. The baths didn't have showers and the furniture needs to be replaced. Some of the outside is starting to show "ware and tare". I talked to the owner who lives in the States. He said he has been trying to sell it for the past two years. I think that is why the place is a little run down.

I can't say enough about the food, people and the service. It was like staying in a five star hotel. The staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and right at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
PanJan53, Owner at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Larry. Thank you for visiting Paszkowka Palace. I apologize for inconvenience of not having the perfect reception of CNN in my hotel. At the time of your visit we were in the process of changing our TV service to digital one and that's why. Now we have perfect reception of some 20 channels. In regards to your comment on the sale. Yes. Paszkowka Palace is for sale. I am referring to that comment of yours because it gives our readers totally wrong impression of what Paszkowka is. The exterior is original. Interior has been adapted to its present role. It used to be a residence of noble family and for almost 50 years played the roles of various institutions - mushroom farm included. Now it is 4* hotel by European standards. However, we kept it as antique as possible and that is why you were able to find little "ware and tare" here and there. And it has nothing to do with the selling process. Thank you for noticing our food and service which is also antique now days, as I like to put it. All this and more makes Paszkowka a unique and that is why we keep that way. Once again. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

My Husband & I stayed here for our wedding anniversary, which is Valentine's day. We stayed in the Palace side rather than opposite which has the pool, etc.
Our room was wonderful - the bed was so comfortable. We had a jacuzzi bath which they had filled and put rose petals in with the most wonderful bubble crystals. we had private dining, which was sublime. We were treated so well and throughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.
We got a cab there from Krakow and a bus back.
It is worth staying in Krakow town centre for a couple of days and then the Paszkowka Palace for that little bit of luxury!
It is like a fairytale castle, especially in the snow!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Palace rather than the new annex.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
PalacPaszkowka, Director of Sales at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Guests! Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again at Paszkowka Palace!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I have visited Paszkowka Palace twice and had a great experience both times. The grounds around the palace are just beautiful, the rooms are clean and of nice size, and the staff is very helpful. We loved the breakfast, which had a nice variety of sweet and savory foods. If you are staying in or near Krakow and want to get away from the city and enjoy some relaxing time in the country, this is a great option.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
PalacPaszkowka, Director of Sales at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Christina!
Thank you for sharing your opinion. We hope to host you again at Paszkowka Palace.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This Hotel has two buildings. On web site there is an information that this is 4* hotel, but only in the main building which is called a palace. in the second (opposite site of the street) it is 3* at most! Rooms are not so clean at it should be, you feel mustiness in rooms (mostly) and in others spaces. I wont recommend to anyone. The only thing that was really nice was staff!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
PanJan53, Owner at Paszkowka Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Statement of Board of Directors.
Due to the economic crisis over the past few months, we were forced to implement a
number of management changes designed to reduce operating costs. One of those changes was a significant reduction in rates, which in turn resulted in lower quality of services which often times lead to situations like the one described
above. After a thorough analysis of our business practices, we have resolved to return to our tradition of high-quality hotel and restaurant services. Jan Oleksy - Chairman of the Board of Paszkowka Palace.