“Fantastic”

Ranked #39 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
Camborne, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel is fantastic. The staff are friendly and helpful. They all speak English. The food is excellent. My partner and I especially loved the rooftop bar. It is also situated in a great area. Close enough to walk into the town and next to the stunning Wawel Castle. We just can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed July 2012
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Sheraton Krakow.
Our Rooftop Terrace & Lounge Bar with the exceptional views is a truly unique place, glad to know you love it.
We are honored for having contributed to a memorable stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Stijn Oyen
Sheraton Krakow Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We are in late middle age and have been in hotels all over the northern hemisphere , this was one of the best. In my opinion well worth its 5 star rating. It ticked all the boxes for us, Clean, friendly, helpful service at all times. Location A1 directly opposite the river. Nothing too much trouble, help with arrangements for trips , car to the airport, advice re local entertainment, the lot. Best nights sleep I have enjoyed in any hotel ever, I could go on.
One good tip, there is a small boat restaurant named ' The Galar ' moored on the river almost directly opposite the hotel. We went twice during our stay ( 4 nights) We found it rustic and romantic with good food, service, and excedingly friendly staff. On both occasions the food was most enjoyable and at around 100 pnl ( around £20 } for two including a bottle of decent red was excellent value. If you are going to the Sheritan and I recommend that you do ,don't miss this place or you will miss out.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the river. Although there is a road between the hotel and the river the so...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was excited to see how Sheraton is in Cracow.
We had a business meeting, diner and reception in this hotel. I had to come to Cracow by car, I didn't ask about parking in advance because I was sure that it is obligatory in this range of hotels.

So yes there was a parking but when I heard that it was almost 30 euros a night I was really shocked and disgusted.

I think it is a shame because hotel, facilities and the crew were very nice and helpful but my overall impression was definitely destroyed by the unfortunate car park.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Sandbach
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The stay at Sheraton could not have been better. The Club room on 4th floor had a great view and the Club Lounge was great - free nibbles and alcohol all day and lovely small cooked foods between 5-7pm. What's not to like about that? They gave us super professional service and even gave us 2.5 hours free late check-out. Can't fault it at all!

Room Tip: If you can stretch to it get a club room on 4th floor with view and access to freebies in the club l...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrettToo
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed with my family for three nights in July. We took the overnight train and arrived very early. Did not expect a room to be available at 8 am but wanted to store our backs while we went for breakfast. The front desk agent advised that it was too early to check in, but she would try to expedite a room. She invited us to use the club lounge while we waited and have a refreshment. It was our intention to have a coffee and juice and then leave for a few hours. While we were having our coffee a bell clerk came up and advised us that a room was ready for check in. Room was pretty standard Sheraton and no upgrades were available. I have SPG Plat status so not sure if it made any difference for early check in.

As an SPG Plat, you are entitled to use the Club Lounge, which I found to be very good for snacks, drinks (well stocked with wine and beer, soft drinks), but also had a very high quality snacks. The lounge attendants were also quite friendly and service orientated. As SPG Plat you are also entitled to take breakfast in the main restaurant, which was also of good quality. I had lunch at the hotel as well, which was reasonably priced and of good quality.

The gym, while small, was more than adequate. The indoor pool is a little small.

I quite liked this hotel, mainly because of the level of service and the kindness of the staff. Locationwise, it was very close to the main old time center (short walk) but far enough away from the main crowds.

I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel, especially if you have status with SPG. While we did not get a room upgrade, the early check in and the kind staff was more than enough.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jjkathome
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Sheraton is an excellent hotel from which to explore Krakow. The rooms are comfortable. The restaurant is good. The hotel is next to Castle hill and close to the old town square. My only complaint is the lack of free internet in the rooms. We had to go to the bar to go online.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have just returned home from a very disappointing stay at this hotel - we were treating a friend for her birthday and so decided to book junior suites

We were greeted by the Front Office Supervisor who was most unfriendly and rather unpleasant

We were allocated a junior suite on the 1st floor and our friend (whose birthday it was) was allocated one on the 2nd - the 1st floor room was awful - no view, dark, uninviting and somewhat depressing! we were told that the hotel was fully booked and no other alternative was available, but when we insisted the Front Office Supervisor miraculously came up with two other junior suites to choose from! - we moved to the 3rd floor, which was much better

The roof terrace bar was suggested for drinks before dinner, we decided to give it a try, we were shown to a table by a blonde haired lady (who would benefit from a smile!) it took more than 30 minutes to be served with our drinks (that was after we had chased the smiling lady)

The bell boy organised a taxi for us to a local restuarant and the taxi driver took us to the wrong place!

A lady on reception told us she would speak to the General Manager Stijn Oyen about our concerns and that she would ask him to come back to us - to date we have not had the courtesy of a reply - very unprofessional behaviour!

There are so many good hotel in Krakow - we would suggest staying somewhere different to the Sheraton

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank ChrisJ369
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most concerned to read this posting and would be grateful if you would contact my office to discuss the disappointing aspects of your stay.

Adequate 5* service is of crucial importance to me and therefore I would like to ask you to contact me at: gsc.krakow@sheraton.com

In the meantime, please accept my profuse apologies.

Regards,